The search for the best map vote mutator...

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
XploD

The search for the best map vote mutator...

Post by XploD »

Hi.

If' got an Infiltration server ( an UT total conversion simulating real combat. "As real as it get's" ) and want to switch maps and gamemodes.
The MapVoteLa13 mutator with it's 4 map sections would be my favourite, if there wouln't be some misbehaviours:

Although I turned every UT-mode off ( e.g. bDM=False), any map on the server is shown twice, once for the UT mode and once for the Infiltration mode ( for TDM, e.g.) If I turn off the Infiltration game mode, every map is just shown once but started in UT mode.

For fun gaming, I have some Unreal Maps on there server to be able to play Coop against monsters. The map don't have standard UT prefixes ( e.g. DM-*), so that I can't enter any for this gamemode ("INFCoopUnreal.INFCoopUnrealGame").
The MapVoteLA mutator always starts these maps with UT gamemode, not with the gamemode mentioned above.

Does anybody have the same problems?

Edit: I forgot to ask if there are other map vote mutators which allow to define map gamemodes a little bit better...

(edited by Shade: No doubleposts in that short time!)
Dodge~Shot
Personal rank: Gay

Re: The search for the best map vote mutator...

Post by Dodge~Shot »

MapVoteLA13 u should use
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

hmm interesting , not sure how old this is - however,

I have been using one called x3dfxmapvote wiki-info here

you can join up and download it from here

Screenshot below:

Wises.
[JAG]Teabag
Skilled
Personal rank: Clan Server Admin

Post by [JAG]Teabag »

you can make your own prefix's m8 we do.. think most do if they have a different game type

Code: Select all

[MapVoteLA13.BDBMapVote]
bAutoDetect=False
bDM=False
bTDM=False
bJDM=False    <--------- we use for our Translocater training section
bXDM=False   <--------- we use for our Crossbow DM
bLMS=False
//
//
CustomGameConfig[2]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="Botpack.DeathMatchPlus",NewPrefix="JDM",Mutators="Xloc4All
CustomGameConfig[3]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="Botpack.DeathMatchPlus",NewPrefix="XDM",Mutators="JAGXBow
as for your game type you should only need do this... im only using the // to skip sections of the mapvote to show the bits you need.

Code: Select all

bXDM=False   <------I only use XDM as example, you could use anything here xINF? just replace as needed where i have used XDM.
//
//
List1Title=InfCoop   <--------- Name of game  type goes here
//
//
CustomGameConfig[0]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="INFCoopUnreal.INFCoopUnrealGame",NewPrefix="XDM",Mutators="add your mutators here
//
List1Filter[0]=*-XDM    <--------- this should list all maps for this gametype 
the issue ragards maps not loading correctly is some mistake in the .ini file im almost sure but not 100% its the bDM=False bTDM=False should be set to true to switch them off. i know we had this error of double loading all maps when we firt used LA13 it was a simple fix in the end.
..Image
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

the issue ragards maps not loading correctly is some mistake in the .ini file im almost sure but not 100% its the bDM=False bTDM=False should be set to true to switch them off. i know we had this error of double loading all maps when we firt used LA13 it was a simple fix in the end.
the problem i think is that you had bAutoDetect=True as well as bDM=True which caused the double up's
I think.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Dude :mrgreen: ----last post Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:14 am
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Yearh, necro bumping of its best.
Since the topic starter is inactive for 2 years now, I allow myself to close this.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.