The most beautiful textures in games

Discussions about everything else
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

The most beautiful textures in games

Post by Creavion »

I found some minutes ago an interesting report about "textures in videogames" - The most beautiful textures in games.
I did run over the page but it seems to be interesting. Among other things one of the both ut2003 demo deathmatch maps Antalus was praised about the use of the different textures - or like I would say.. the great attention to detail. Antalus was at least for me the reason why I began to use "layer" on my terrains (ok.. its faked of course.. ).

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/aid,63996 ... _in_games/
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
basics
Experienced
Personal rank: game server admin

Re: The most beautiful textures in games

Post by basics »

hey there.
indeed working with layers can add more detail but it wil add more calculation work from a computer to.
so for the people out there that play ut on a weak computer they wil have some trouble playing this map.
i think its bether then to open these two textures in a layer working program and make a picture of the two layers so u can ad it as one picture.
or make new ones.
if i want to add nice graficd i just make them myself enouh programs to make nice texture.
my fav is BRYCE hass lost of textures and a texture designer to make ur own.
cheers.

for more textures look here....
http://www.filterforge.com/filters/

u can copy those textures resize to proper size en save them.
i always use IRFAN view.
verry good to resize and set pixels size and others.
has som good effects to.

cheers
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Hmmm i've took a look at both sides, and i was kinda suprises with Creavions link, lots of games had other textures with much more detail, was kinda fun/strange to look at them. It let me think why the creators of that game didnt used that kind of texture if it was possible yes/not

The link from basics i found some nice SpaceGen textures, wonderfull ;) i see some textures i can use on one of my maps
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
basics
Experienced
Personal rank: game server admin

Post by basics »

GenMoKai wrote:Hmmm i've took a look at both sides, and i was kinda suprises with Creavions link, lots of games had other textures with much more detail, was kinda fun/strange to look at them. It let me think why the creators of that game didnt used that kind of texture if it was possible yes/not

The link from basics i found some nice SpaceGen textures, wonderfull ;) i see some textures i can use on one of my maps

glad that i could help ;)
cheers buddy.
:)