2GB extrra free storage

Discussions about everything else
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Re: 2GB extrra free storage

Post by Carbon »

JackGriffin wrote:Turn off "Display Signatures" in your user settings. It irritates me too that there are several regular posters who think it's a good idea to slap a banner after every post they make. MySpace is over, sigs need to contain text only.
Derail ahead!

Sure, I just don't like to block signatures; sometimes they have good information; humorous or otherwise and you guys are not the people I consider block-worthy (kind of a strange, twisted but somehow functional family here).

I guess to be completely honest - and I am not trying to start trouble here with Josh, Jack or other US citizens on the forum - but it is all of the patriotism displayed in Josh's sig that irks me; coupled with the avatar, location, etc, etc. A bit over the top for my taste. This is a very international place and I believe that the only flag we should be flying here is this one:

Then again, America isn't known for it's subtlety, so maybe all is well in the universe and I am just a troublemaker. :P

Sorry for the off-topic post everyone. :instagib1:
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

I really wouldn't worry about derailing this off-topic thread.

Well Josh is obviously a show-off kinda guy, so all is to be expected.
Note the self-appointed King status :roll:
As Galactic Emperor, I pick mere planetary Kings out of the treads of my war machines, then use them to wipe the sweat from my Imperial warhorses :agree1:
If you are going to create an alter ego, at least go for it !
https://linkedin.com/in/docflay
:noidea some people think too small. The sky is not the limit, your imagination is.

As for the flag-waving thing, don't sweat it just remember most Americans worship a flag every morning in school so it is pummelled into them.

They can't help it, just the same as any other country that engages in flag-worship.
Military states always value a flag above the thing it represents, because a flag never changes, but to their annoyance people do.
The oath sworn by the average American Joe and Josephine was written by military minds so still has that kinda vibe.
When you grow up under a regime like that you have no idea that other people do not care about flags, and simply wonder what all the fuss is about :noidea
It has no magic powers and does not even work as a flying carpet or cloak of invisibility.

In Cornwall the closest we get is to pledge allegiance to "Owen hag oll" (One and All).
It includes the people next door and everyone that lives in Cornwall, no matter where they are from.
No piece of cloth can show that, no matter if it is a flag or clever T-Shirt.
It can only be done with your actions and the way you behave with others.
Being Cornish only has an advantage if I leave Cornwall. Once people realise I am not English they trust me more and do not try to scam me.

I have no respect for the leaders of the "United" Kingdom (ironic), and have not for many years (equally I hold most Country leaders in contempt, because they are all in it for them selves). The flag of the UK is meaningless to me, because it does not represent the people only the "State" and the system.
Since the advent of the internet, my chosen Country of residence is a virtual digital place, where no borders are recognised by the civilians within it.

I outgrew being tied to where I was born just because I was born there when I asked myself "Why am I so proud to be Cornish ?" :wtf:
I listed a great many achievements and life-saving inventions, but 1 thing hit home.
Many of these things could only have ever happened here, and all these things were done by other people, not me.
Why should I be proud of a bunch of amazing things that I did not, or could not do ?

*BANG* :shock:
My bubble burst and I realised, no matter who I am or where I was lucky to be born, I must make my own things to be proud of and have no reason to compete to do so.
Full-on flag wavers are typically competitive, and it gives them a club to belong to. All their victories and failures are in the name of the flag, never their own or for their own reasons.
In my experience most flag-wavers just want to be the same as the majority around them. Nothing more and nothing less. No real thought involved, just "belonging" to something that makes them feel strong.
I guess I have no desire to belong, or be another copy of someone else nearby, because the only time I use a Cornish flag is to mark my tent at a festival.
If I were to carry any token to represent me personally it would be a picture of a motorcycle wheel.
My first avatars for many years were always Ghost Rider. I believe I even used one here.
In one way or another we all show our allegiance to something, even if it is a TV show or game character.
The Dane was easy to spot because of the use of the Danish flag. This worked fairly well due to the lack of Danish UT modders.

The one that most annoys me however when it comes to sig pictures....
Q: does anyone else but me give a pair of foetid dingoes kidneys about the contents of my PC, until I ask for help with it ?
No. Didn't think so, so why would anyone bother putting it in their sig ? :noidea
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Guys, just ignore colors disturbing you. UT has some hardware specifications very poor in order to run at minimum. This engine clamps certain things and I could figure some "interesting" crashes at new powerful machines. So... if is about which one has the most "awesome" machine and working with an old and pathetic application is a non-sense. Buying extreme high-end parts for an old ass engine ? Mah... I can ask a credit in order to buy a ROCKET PC, the question is if worth looking fancy for... Nothing really important - just a non-profit hobby,
The rest of Flag problems, imagine that I do not care about any Flag. Why ? I'm Not payed for such "addiction". I pay my bills, even extra bills "invented" by our Leaders getting nothing in exchange, so paying too much attention at my Flag or any Flag is not a priority ever for me, and if has a sudden annoying priority I block the banner in cause without troubles. I read text from this forum after all, pictures for me are pointless if is not a tech problem shown or an example of something "extra".
Do you want to see a capture in how I see this forum ? With that I might only annoy people addicted to colors... :mrgreen:

Edit: Looks like I have 2 GB extra storage space
[attachment=0]2GBHPStorage.jpg[/attachment]
Can you imagine how fast I might access that space ?
Attachments
2GBHPStorage.jpg
2GBHPStorage.jpg (13 KiB) Viewed 4178 times
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

sektor2111 wrote: Edit: Looks like I have 2 GB extra storage space
[...] Can you imagine how fast I might access that space ?
lol... nice.

If someone really search for a good place to upload his files? I recommend https://www.mediafire.com ...50 GB for free, just create an account. Voilà!

Or for the serious uploader
mediafire.com wrote: 1 TB (1000 GB) $3.79/month billed annually
or $4.99 month-to-month
Just saying...
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Dr.Flay wrote: As for the flag-waving thing, don't sweat it just remember most Americans worship a flag every morning in school so it is pummelled into them.

They can't help it, just the same as any other country that engages in flag-worship.
Military states always value a flag above the thing it represents, because a flag never changes, but to their annoyance people do.
The oath sworn by the average American Joe and Josephine was written by military minds so still has that kinda vibe.
When you grow up under a regime like that you have no idea that other people do not care about flags, and simply wonder what all the fuss is about :noidea
It has no magic powers and does not even work as a flying carpet or cloak of invisibility.
I'm pretty deeply offended by that. You are just a hair off of overt racist nationalism with that post.

As someone who has worn my country's uniform I've borne that flag proudly. We certainly don't 'worship' it or anything else. We don't bend a knee to any King or Queen, our leaders come from the people and return back to them.

I get it that people try to find some simplistic reason to hate on Americans but the fact of the matter is that this nation grew powerful because of the individualistic attitude. You go ahead and condemn it as someplace you couldn't live. I'm perfectly happy for guys like you to stay out, there's already enough dead weight.

I'm *super* impressed with you Flay, sitting there with your pipe and waving your hand dismissively while you pass judgement on everyone else. Here, take this so everyone can hear you better:
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Carbon
Inhuman

Post by Carbon »

JackGriffin wrote:I'm pretty deeply offended by that. You are just a hair off of overt racist nationalism with that post.
The American race?

:tongue:
-=SoP=-axewound
Average

Post by -=SoP=-axewound »

Not to Off Topic the political discussion, but I have to ask about the paranoia regarding google. Is it so hard to believe a couple of engineers who fell into a boat load of money and internet power are not genuinely interested in giving something away for free?
Carbon
Inhuman

Post by Carbon »

-=SoP=-axewound wrote:Not to Off Topic the political discussion, but I have to ask about the paranoia regarding google. Is it so hard to believe a couple of engineers who fell into a boat load of money and internet power are not genuinely interested in giving something away for free?
Yes, it is. These guys may have started out as 'just a couple of dudes' - which I doubt - but they are far, far past that now. Google is interested - as has already been stated - in giving more to get more, that's it. Google may not ask for cash, but there is always a cost.

Fact is that corporations and companies do not care about you at all. Nothing is for you.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

5. Leave politics outside please. Here we want to exchange experiences. That is primarily an appeal to you, but experiences revealed that political threads heat-up the emotions and the climate of public opinion suffers heavily.
??? What happened with this thread Flay ???
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

Carbon wrote:This is a very international place and I believe that the only flag we should be flying here is this one:

I'm sorry Carbon, I appreciate you, but I can't let you spout such bullshit. Everyone knows the red team is full of assholes and losers. They whorship their flag like idiots and can't understand why some people don't find them as exceptionnal as they think they are.

Everyone knows the blue team is best and that's why it is the only flag that we should wave with pride.
You must construct additional pylons.
Carbon
Inhuman

Post by Carbon »

Why can't we all just....get along?

:highfive:

Hehe...
Hank
Novice

Post by Hank »

I'm pretty deeply offended by that. You are just a hair off of overt racist nationalism with that post.
Agreed and also offended... but I must say thanks for the extra 2GB's of space. Thanks Google :highfive:

Isn't Google an American company? Also I see no need for an admin of this site to pick apart community members preferences/nationalities/routines. :thudown:

Have a day!
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Hellkeeper wrote:
Carbon wrote:This is a very international place and I believe that the only flag we should be flying here is this one:

I'm sorry Carbon, I appreciate you, but I can't let you spout such bullshit. Everyone knows the red team is full of assholes and losers. They whorship their flag like idiots and can't understand why some people don't find them as exceptionnal as they think they are.

Everyone knows the blue team is best and that's why it is the only flag that we should wave with pride.
She IS from the blue team. She is carrying the Red team flag to the blue team base. They might be waving the blue team flag back at their base.

Also my team is Red, for my favorite color is Red, and I can't let u spoil my patriotism like this!
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Gustavo6046 wrote:
Hellkeeper wrote:

She IS from the blue team. She is carrying the Red team flag to the blue team base. They might be waving the blue team flag back at their base.

Also my team is Red, for my favorite color is Red, and I can't let u spoil my patriotism like this!
Girls, please ...everyone knows that the Gold Team is the superior team. I mean, it's gold ...GOLD!!!
Not just some minor colour like red or this useless blue ...and don't mention green ...those are smelly losers without culture.
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

papercoffee wrote: Girls, please ...everyone knows that the Gold Team is the superior team. I mean, it's gold ...GOLD!!!
Ahah, look at this sad bastard with his louzy team. Not even a default one in most maps, how pathetic. They even have to use a grandiose word for their piss-yellow livery.
You must construct additional pylons.