Discussions about everything else
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

doom 2016

Post by rjmno1 »

This summer doom comes to your screen.
13 may 2016 is the release date of this new game.
And new with some 9 diferent new levels for online gameplay also.
With one level happens in the nearby envirement of the hell.
I realy have no idea wich are the recomed hardware specs i think it will be high.

doom 2016 wikia:

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_(2016)

doom 2016 wikia english:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_(2016_video_game)

I hope they did an incredible job with this new release.
Its worth the waithing.
i did see on a video there is place for some ctf games also ill hope that add team deathmatch and singel deathmatch also.
Spoiler
demon multiplayer pack preorder.
Spoiler

the verge information doom.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/10/5195 ... rospective
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
ANUBITEK
Adept

Re: doom 2016

Post by ANUBITEK »

I played the beta (Wolfenstein The New Order represent!) and I gotta say. . . I'm entirely convinced it will be awful. If you want a good Doom, either play "Brutal Doom: Sperglord Edition" or "Doom 3 Perfected", they at least feel mechanically sound. This new Doom just feels heavy, plus I'm extremely gun shy to dlc micro transactions. Map editor is a neat idea, but bound to get old quick much like the map maker in "Time Splitters 2."

Ot could be good, but $60+ is not worth the chance. Also:
- Bethesda
Not even again. Ever forever again.
<<| http://uncodex.ut-files.com/ |>>

Code reference for UGold, UT99, Unreal2, UT2k3, UT3
Additional Beyond Unreal Wiki Links
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Console_Bar
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Exec_commands#Load
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Exec_Directive#Loading_Other_Packages
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Config_Vars_And_.Ini_Files
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:INT_File
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

Considering the videos I've seen, there are a number of good ideas and they really tried to capture the all-powerful feeling of Doom 1&2. I can't tell if it will work out in the end though, the level design we've been shown was mediocre and some weapons seemed a bit off in terms of feeling.
You must construct additional pylons.
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

I'm looking forward to the game. The trailers look great but as laways, we won't know for use until we play it...and I certainly will be picking this one up. Lots of people seemed critical, but I thought the 'demon mode' looked very cool.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

I didn't see any death match videos (didn't really search for it :? ) How many player can join a match? If it's like in Doom3 then I'm not interested.

Edit---------------------------
12 ...mhm ....I'm interested now.
LannFyre wrote: Also:
- Bethesda
Not even again. Ever forever again.
Why? Might to enlighten me?
Carbon
Inhuman

Post by Carbon »

The multiplayer beta was out this weekend.

Bah.

2 weapons per class? That ain't Doom. Doom was the whole arsenal on you all the time, the right weapon for the job at your disposal; the skill was knowing which one and when. Per 'class'? What is that? Classes? Is this Doom or Borderlands?

Thanks, but no thanks. It looks great, but strip that thing back down to a hotrod. Lose the power windows and steering, anti-lock brakes and cushy seats; bring back the road, the dirt and the ride. Yes, I know...'we have those games already' in UT and Q3:A. It's true, but I don't think I am alone in wanting a truly old-school game with the bling of a modern engine.

We'll see what the single player campaign brings, but right now, I am seriously broken-hearted. Yes, that's right. I am truly sad that like the new UT becoming so over-wrought, being crushed under its own weight, now Doom is looking like it shares many of the same problems.

Less is more boys, less is more.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

[...]
Last edited by Aldebaran on Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carbon
Inhuman

Post by Carbon »

Downloading now. Got it for $37.99 from CDKeys.com so not a bad deal. From what I have seen, it seems worth that much. Yes, waiting a while would make it cheaper but frankly, I haven' the patience with this one!

Coming in at 56MB/s, so it won't be long. :rock:

EDIT: 1 hour in and so far, it's a blast. Good movement (after disabling mouse smoothing), looks sweet, tons of graphics options to suit a variety of systems. I thought the mantling would be gimmicky, but it has been implemented well and fits the environments perfectly. Same with the 'glory kills'; fast enough to not become boring and an interesting way to get health back.

This far I have to say, well done id...this is certainly DOOM!
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Took a snek peak of it on stream... gotta say that at least the single player mode feels like how a Doom game feels like... good job Bethesda, good job :tu:
Carbon
Inhuman

Post by Carbon »

Well, I have finished the game twice now, running on my new GTX 1070 @ 1440p and the verdict is that it is excellent. The best single player shooter in the last decade for sure.

For anyone who is looking at the new 1070/1080 cards, don't hesitate (prices will settle soon) or wait for the 1060 (which will probably offer outstanding 1080p performance at a very reasonable price. Avoid the 480 for now; wait for third party retailers to sort out the power issues and see what the 1060 will offer). 8GB of VRAM on the 1070/80 allows you to unlock the 'nightmare' graphics settings and crank everything else up top the max and the game is truly gorgeous. I was happy before with my 3GB 280x but after the upgrade, I was floored. 80 ~ 120 FPS is magic and the idTech 6 engine really shines when given the chance. So, if you have the budget, the 1070 is the card to beat.

The game can be found online for less than 30 Euros now and it is worth it. Multiplayer sucks, but SnapMap is very cool. The game is a classic, IMO.
ANUBITEK
Adept

Post by ANUBITEK »

Decided to play the full game at a friend's house on console, gotta say I'm still not impressed. While it isn't Doom 3 (thank God) in terms of monster closets opening behind you and 0.00001 visibility without flash lights at all times, the game just feels like the wave survival mode in "Halo 3: ODST", called "Firefight". Honestly I spent most of my time in the game just killing spawn after spawn just to get to the wave survival modes. The game never really goes past that, but it wasn't like the enemies were poorly programmed. . . But they really did seem to do the same thing over and over. Just charge at the player until either the player or pawn was killed. I didn't enjoy it much at all, most levels just kinda blurred together because the art style just looks the same, snapmap is boring because of the DISGUSTING monster limit, multiplayer went untouched because I've already seen gameplay of it on YouTube and if I wanted Quake, I'd play Quake. Except good Quake.

It was exactly what I expected it to be, though the movement doesn't seem as heavy anymore. In fact it seems a bit more fluid in the final release which I love. The gun play is pretty fun, the weapon upgrades are interesting, and the overall animation quality is very good. I just wish the game didn't feel so much like a 2006 FPS.
<<| http://uncodex.ut-files.com/ |>>

Code reference for UGold, UT99, Unreal2, UT2k3, UT3
Additional Beyond Unreal Wiki Links
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Console_Bar
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Exec_commands#Load
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Exec_Directive#Loading_Other_Packages
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Config_Vars_And_.Ini_Files
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:INT_File
Carbon
Inhuman

Post by Carbon »

Interesting....I can see some aesthetic similarities in the environments. The regenerating health, reloading, slow, floaty movement, clunky animations, and boring gun play are thankfully not there however. The point of Doom isn't to reinvent the genre but to rescue it from every aforementioned ill.

One can't go into any FPS game and not be reminded of something; the genre is fundamentally quite narrow and inherently leans on familiar principles. Differentiation between games now is more nuanced and comes down to how well those fundamentals are achieved beyond just introducing new mechanics for the sake of doing so (though this is still a very important aspect). Even Doom 3, with all of it's darkness and awful monster closets, was revolutionary; nothing like it had been done before but yet it was at the same time incredibly familiar.

The most negative responses to Doom seem to have come from people who weren't playing the originals during the 90's or were and are now simply too jaded to enjoy anything without comparative thinking.

For me, the genre became boring not due to a lack of innovation, but that those innovations seemed pointed directly first at the console crowd (graphics and movement mainly) and second at the new type of gamer who just can't take being slaughtered. I realize that statement imports cultural elements - the psychology of modern youth - but games, being part of culture, reflect trends (or bucking them) and I think the idea of never having your game stopped due to being a crap player disappeared for 10 years. Only recently have single player games picked this up again - Dark Souls and Devil Daggers being good examples - and are punishing bad players with death and having to go back and do it again.

In this regard, Doom is a welcome gust of wind from the past and I believe it is important not so much for innovation (though it does have a couple of very cool new mechanics) but for eschewing some of the trends that seemed to have become embedded in the genre. Wolfenstein TNO was also enjoyable for this reason and also why the Quake: Champions teaser video was somewhat disappointing for me; it looked like it was embracing some of the ideas that have become prevalent which in an arena shooter I find abhorrent - character classes, 'special' abilities, etc. In this sense, less is more and why I have high hopes for the new UT (which is becoming overwrought itself, I fear).

And graphics. Doom looks amazing which is something I appreciate. As I said above, when you have the capability to see the engine without any restrictions, it is a marvel. I will agree that Snapmap is a mixed bag, but people are doing some pretty cool stuff within the limitations (which I believe can and will be altered or removed in future patches). I am not sure that id saw the same potential in Snapmap that the community did and now that they have a mountain of feedback, they may make some changes. Hopefully.

And I think to be fair LannFyre, you didn't really want to like it from the outset and seem to have some baggage with Bethesda. Of course you weren't impressed. ;)
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

Yes well i did read somwhere that the online gameplay is verycrapy and the skins just looks awful.
So in other words i,m not going to buy this game.
Single player is bether then the online gameplay.
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

One year , I think it was doom 2 ? maybe, but I had it running on my Sega, and the PC version running on my computer.
I was comparing them, the Sega was lower res, worse sound. was funny, lol

Playing the same thing twice at the same time.

Quake1 still rules,
Binary Space Partitioning
FXANBSS
Skilled

Post by FXANBSS »

In my opinion, this is the only doom that's extreme, even more than the known "Brutal" Doom.

The music is insane, Wow, i think i'm going to download this soon!