JackGriffin - whereabouts?

Discussions about everything else
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: JackGriffin - whereabouts?

Post by Red_Fist »

Please get my map out of the system or whoever uploaded it.

If it's Carbon please tell him.
I spent mega time on that damn thing, thanks.

What makes it worse is I re-found redone it after a hard drive crash making it 5 years, it's not fair to have that copy "out there" 8)
Binary Space Partitioning
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

Don't be afraid to ask me yourself. :P

Anyhow, I haven't uploaded anything anywhere yet, so I can't help you.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Red_Fist wrote: What makes it worse is I re-found redone it after a hard drive crash making it 5 years, it's not fair to have that copy "out there" 8)
Although I sympathize with you greatly, it had to be you that shared it originally. Consider it a lesson learned about asking for feedback and expecting people not to share. BTW it's a total waste of time to try to scrub the internet of it's existence. It's been played a bunch in both servers by multiple people. It's actually one of the more voted maps if that makes you feel better. The players like it and because of that there are many copies already in player's cache. It's also in the GigaCache being worked on in Unreal currently. It's also common that if the players who are 'archivists' feel like someone is trying to remove content (even their own) it will only cause them to share it more and make more copies in safe spots. Anyway the toothpaste is way out of the tube, I'd quit worrying about it.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Jack, someone on Hook's forum want to talk to you (Sir_Mandrake - about MH coding), just posting by.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
'Zac
Experienced
Personal rank: Who knows.

Post by 'Zac »

My man Kelly, props for so much dedication and helping me out here and there!
Prophunt for UT99!!!
Github
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Glad to help Z. Pay it forward my friend.

Cham tell Mandy I'll get with him.

EDIT:
I think it's getting about time for me to post some of my final work that never saw sharing. If it won't ruffle too many feathers I'm going to make a few tutorials in the next week:
- How to (properly) strip your code and the tools to do it
- How to lock your map to your server or to you locally so no one else can run it if you don't want them to
- Unreal Engine DRM is certainly possible. I'll show you how though I'm not going to share my mod on this one. It's a game changer. However the theory is valid.
- Aimbot detection (totally server-side) and the code to use with it
- How to download and save a joining player's keybinds to check them for cheats
- How to add cheats to maps you make that will let you do anything with a simple password

Yeah, I know. This is all sensitive stuff but it's time guys for it to get posted up. If I don't it could get lost to time. My personal situation isn't great lately. Carbon has all my work but no explanations on the sensitive stuff. This will serve as a public explaining of certain things inside what I sent him.
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

Ok...whatever you post here I'll add to a readme file in your archive.

Mate, I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going so well. No improvements it seems, but not even stabilizing?
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Interesting stuff. Could see them!

& Ok, I'll tell Mandy.

Edit: Sorry to hear you aren't doing well. Life can be cruel.
Last edited by Chamberly on Sat May 21, 2016 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

JackGriffin wrote:My personal situation isn't great lately.
NO NO NO ...don't you dare to give up!!! :x
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Whoa, don't get the wrong idea. I'm not giving into anything, it's just that fighting this weight loss is really starting to consume my life. I've been exercising, running, stepping up my nutrition game...It's all just exhausting. And I still lost a kg from last week. So frustrating. Wife and I talked some last night and I may take an early retirement. I just really, really didn't want to do that and give in. I'm getting beat up though so it's time to reconsider.

Anyway I know this tutorial stuff is sensitive and I promise careful treatment but I just don't see any real damage to be done with the player count as it is now. If I teach you how to lock your map then that means you run a server so it puts you into a very small minority of even this very small community.
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

Have you tried supplements that bodybuilders use, e.g whey protein? When I was using some last year for a few months(22 grams of protein per 30gram serving with 150ml of milk), I was putting on weight while exercising 4-5 days a week(~30 minutes), it does make quite a bit of difference when done right.
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

NOTHING ruffles my feathers more than a few tutorials !!!!!! :tongue:

I can relate. Been eating like a pig last 6 months, but my pants keep getting looser and looser.

Will either have to punch some new holes in my belts, or move to a neighborhood where the
sagging pants will make me look "cool".
blarg
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

UT Sniper (SJA94) wrote:Have you tried supplements that bodybuilders use, e.g whey protein? When I was using some last year for a few months(22 grams of protein per 30gram serving with 150ml of milk), I was putting on weight while exercising 4-5 days a week(~30 minutes), it does make quite a bit of difference when done right.
I think He know this already.
His accompanying symptom is much more complicated then you can expect.
Read this then you'll understand https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cachexia ...He has to workout twice as hard as a normal person to get his muscles back.
I recommend Quark as natural protein source ...it doesn't taste that good at the beginning (if you are not used to its taste) but as far as I know this doesn't concerns Kelly. I mix quark usually with edible flaxseed oil, very high on omega-3 fatty acid.

I got ninjaed by MrLoathsome :ironic:
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Thanks pc, that link is very helpful. It can be tough to explain! Later I'll get a full-body shot and you can very clearly see what cachexia does to my body. I have lost almost all my lean muscle mass yet the fat pockets remain. My arms are super skinny, my back is totally skin over bones but I still have a fat roll around my waist. Any weight loss is coming straight from the muscle and not the fat, the total opposite of what should be going on.

My diet is insane too. I eat (literally) a can of peanut butter every two days. I fry eggs in bacon grease. Anything fatty or greasy gets put into the blender but none of it helps and still the weight just slowly melts off. I spent my whole life being overweight and struggling with diet only to now HATE food because I have to eat all the time. I used to think this would be wonderful but it's totally not. In a lot of ways it's worse than having to diet. I eat even when it makes me nauseous or sick because I have to do it. The only thing working is exercising. If I push really hard the weight holds but damn it's getting exhausting.

Paper would it be OK if I write these tutorials into the FF section and let you proof them before I post them in the general forum? I want to treat this information carefully and your opinion would mean a lot.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

JackGriffin wrote: Paper would it be OK if I write these tutorials into the FF section and let you proof them before I post them in the general forum? I want to treat this information carefully and your opinion would mean a lot.
I don't know if my knowledge of the Engine will be of much help :ironic: ...but sure, lets do this.
If you can explain it, so even I can understand it, won't it be foolproof but mediocre-knowledge-proof. :wink:

Oh btw. If you try to add a huge pile of protein (regardless what source) to your diet, you have to drink much water to keep your uric acid value in balance. Ask your doctor if he can recommend it in your current state.