windows 10 creation tool

Discussions about everything else
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

windows 10 creation tool

Post by rjmno1 »

You can now actualy download a iso file from the creation tool from microsoft so you can burn a windows 10 version for keeps.
I,m downloading windows iso file right now before its getting to busy and lacks the download it self.
And i wanna do today a new config harddisk wipe and install windows 10 on mine system with a self burned windows version.

https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/softwar ... /windows10

klik on huplprogamma nu downloaden.Its only dutch

step by step installation howto. :rock:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-1 ... ia-upgrade

make sure u downloaded windows 10 before the 27 this month becouse after that date you must buy windows now its still for free.
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
Barbie
Godlike

Re: windows 10 creation tool

Post by Barbie »

Hmm, beside the ISO image you still need a valid Windows licence - Microsofts offer until the end of this month is to activate Windows 10 with licence key of previous versions (starting from 7 AFAIK).
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Thank you! I don't want to upgrade now but I looked already for an windows 10 iso for later and didn't found any.
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

The Win 10 ISO won't have a serial number (license key) and you can only get a free Windows 10 license until the 29th; after that, you will have to pay.

If you own Windows 7 or 8, you can install Win 10 before the 29th and get the free license (which is then yours). If your Windows 7 key is not legit, then you will have to take your chances. There are reports of non-valid keys working, but also of activation being turned around days later. If your Windows 7 is legit, then it will get you a valid key for Windows 10.

After the 29th the "ISO" will be no more useful than downloading some torrent.
rjmno1
Masterful

Post by rjmno1 »

Carbon wrote:The Win 10 ISO won't have a serial number (license key) and you can only get a free Windows 10 license until the 29th; after that, you will have to pay.

If you own Windows 7 or 8, you can install Win 10 before the 29th and get the free license (which is then yours). If your Windows 7 key is not legit, then you will have to take your chances. There are reports of non-valid keys working, but also of activation being turned around days later. If your Windows 7 is legit, then it will get you a valid key for Windows 10.

After the 29th the "ISO" will be no more useful than downloading some torrent.
Yep having trouble install everything i do not have a free license key ,so i have to install windows 8 again and never going back to 10.
The only thing i can do is a free update to 8.1 and then update to 10,wich is a very nasty way to get to 10.
So i,m sick and tired of it all I will stuck to 8 or 8.1 installed with a proper start screen.
I dont wana have a windows 8 startscreen this litle boots instandly to the desktop just like windows 7.
So i did a litle harddisk format and will stay on windows 8 for ever.
And i dont wanna have the windows 10 creation tool pops up in the lower right corner.
Yeah windows 10 is for free no its not.
I dont like how microsoft do buisiniss whit costumers.
torrent version is also not working on mine machine sadly. :loool:
I realy did try it but there is some security software installed in the eufi bios i think.

You are right barby like Always. :tu:
Last edited by rjmno1 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Ok :( Then it's nothing for me.
Last edited by Aldebaran on Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

With Microsoft and wikipedia addresses (and others) just remove the country ID to make links work in the current browser language.
https://www.microsoft.com/software-down ... ndows10ISO

You need to register your Win10 before the end of the month, or it will not work in future.
Win10 is registered to the PC, so in future it recognises you have a valid licence when you reinstall.
My tip is to install Win 10 to a second drive and dual-boot.
You can ignore it or use it as you please.

Some people are updating to Win10 to get it registered, then immediately removing it after.
The uninstall process is not guaranteed, so I say use a second drive and disconnect it if you don't need it.
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

rjmno1 wrote: Yep having trouble install everything i do not have a free license key ,so i have to install windows 8 again and never going back to 10.
The only thing i can do is a free update to 8.1 and then update to 10,wich is a very nasty way to get to 10.
So i,m sick and tired of it all I will stuck to 8 or 8.1 installed with a proper start screen.
I dont wana have a windows 8 startscreen this litle boots instandly to the desktop just like windows 7.
So i did a litle harddisk format and will stay on windows 8 for ever.
And i dont wanna have the windows 10 creation tool pops up in the lower right corner.
Yeah windows 10 is for free no its not.
I dont like how microsoft do buisiniss whit costumers.
torrent version is also not working on mine machine sadly. :loool:
I realy did try it but there is some security software installed in the eufi bios i think.

You are right barby like Always. :tu:
Beyond Unreal.

:tongue:
Wormbo
Adept

Post by Wormbo »

Note that legally an upgrade to Windows 10 invalidates your Windows 7 or 8 license. Microsoft won't invalidate your Windows 7 installation, though. Also, you sort-of pay for Windows 10 by giving away your personal information, such as how you specifically use the system. If you don't pay for it, you're not the customer. Well, technically, even if you pay for Windows 10 later, you are treated the same and can't really consider yourself customer, as Microsoft still forces any and all updates on you, and you can be damn sure you still haven't turned off really all of the phone-home stuff.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Don't download both 32 bit and 64 bit, won't fit on a dvd. maybe it's some other disk, blue ray ? But even after getting it, it would not burn to my dvd using that tool they have. It might be my burner have not burned anything to test it. yet.

I had to do the USB drive, and that gave me problems , forgot what it was. I think I will just bag the whole thing, win7 pro will be backed for a long time they say, not the home versions.

good luck !!
Binary Space Partitioning
rjmno1
Masterful

Post by rjmno1 »

my question to this answer is if you not upgrade within 12 month,s you will not get the update to windows 10.
So if you do uprgrade before the end of this month, you wil and can update from windows 7.8,8.1 to 10.
Like forever.
Well i have upgraded again to windows 10 from windows 8 and windows8,1.
This configuration will run to the end of this month, for atleast till 27.
Hope this information helps with some people.

https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/softwar ... /windows10
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
Chris
Experienced

Post by Chris »

I agree with Wormbo, you're doing Microsoft a favor by using any of the newer than 7 versions, stop being so naive. By already forcing windows 10 on people has made me sick of them, and at that point I haven't even gone through all the crap that the newer OS' do..Be warned
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

A friend of mine bought a Convertible Laptop from Medion (a distributor of cheap PC systems in Germany) ... beforehand we both looked for reviews for this laptop and wondered why it was always mentioned as a tablet. Win10 was pre-installed.
He purchased it and we tried Win10 and ...it was shit ...no that's an understatement ...It was the biggest and dirtiest and smelliest pile of shit I have ever seen. You got download links in your start-menu for "apps" disguised as actual installed programs and you got flashy adds for stuff you could download on the Microsoft market. Installing things MS didn't like was a pain in the ass. The handling was a joke or it better should have be one. And the best part was ...after getting rid of this OS and installing a UEFI suitable Linux (Ubuntu) Was the fugging Laptop ruined. Even the recovery function was inaccessible.
At this point we did understand why all the reviews called this thing a tablet. It had a firmware which prohibit other OS.
Everything on this machine was tailored to run only Win10... which was mentioned years before (from MS) to be an OS primarily made for mobile devices.
Win10 is nothing more than iOS or Android. It has the same spying and tracking functions those two others have. Win10 was at the beginning not meant for PCs ...but the people were stupid enough to buy it anyway and MS did see their opportunity and started to force the change to Win10.
"Hey user data, not only from phones but PCs as well ...for free! We must be stupid if we won't harvest them!"

Why I know this stuff? Because I worked in this damn mobile business... Win10 was meant for mobile devices and that's why it has all this "features" like the other mobile operating systems.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I go back to the saying "beware of Greeks bearing gifts " it just seems so odd they install GWX, = Get windows Ten a long time ago, then give it away for free.

Then I think of all this terrorism stuff, what better way to be tracked than the government and Microsoft agreeing to add things to an OS, then get everyone loaded up because it's free.

Most of the profit would be the first people that buy the new OS, like the lines we had for win98.
Then for them to give away for free, it all seems very fishy, but I also don't want ads or apps, then they force you to sign up to get the apps, unlike google chrome.

I think I will just leave it on my second boot in case I need it, otherwise reinstall win7 pro on my newer drive that win 10 is on now.

If you really want to do it right, buy a copy the actual DVD's of win7 pro 64bit, not the home versions
Binary Space Partitioning
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

papercoffee wrote:the [...] Laptop ruined.
Bricked... :lol:

I will use Win7 as long as possible, but today I reserved my chance to update to Win10 (bound to main board AFAI read) for the future. In short:
1) Download windows 10 creation tool, create an ISO image "for another PC" and put it on a DVD.
2) Plug off currently installed mass storage (HDD/SSD) and connect a fresh, empty mass storage.
3) Install Win10 and activate it by your current Win7/8/8.1 licence. Now MS have the finger print of that machine and you can install Win10 on that machine in the future without entering a licence key.
4) Throw away, delete or at least disconnect the current mass storage and reconnect the previous mass storage.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett