Help, mutator ?

Discussions about everything else
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: Help, mutator ?

Post by Red_Fist »

Not sure why you are calling them decoration drops. If pawns drop , but the only logic I can say is it's the pickups that you have to select or "Use".
By putting a pawn to drop those in it's map build, it's like the level has to scan what one will "Use" or activate, type of thing.

It almost feels like it should be a setting in oldskool ini. The only ones needed are mainly the seardchlight and the translator.
Binary Space Partitioning
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

There's a missing package in HerdPackV3.rar - namely Duke.u - and so some of the maps don't run. Plus I, at least, have problems with missing textures - in some maps, quite large parts are untextured - I don't know if this is because the maps are unfinished or if the texture files are missing from the RAR. In addition, several texture files have the same name as existing .utx files but are a different size.

The MobDropsMutator is pretty cool and very useful for playing this set of maps
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I CAN get the Translator, WeaponPowerUp, and the Amplifier, and ShieldBelt but not Armor, and the JumpBoots to drop. so far.
It will drop Amor2 from botPack.
There might also be that some items have to come from BotPack and not Unrealshare because of oldskool, Anyway it isn't the Use-Activate item theory I had earlier because each, the Translator and Amplifier and JumpBoots are usable-selectable-activate.

I Made a map that will work perfect testmap, I was trying some MH idea but it works perfect to test this, and setup the ammo better.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am 100% clueless about the map pack problems, it's what they had, You are supposed to start with Cave . unr
I must have had all the files , it worked right away. I just copied what they had and not overwrite anything.
The first two maps or others might not be finished I dunno .

The first two maps you might have to look in the editor to get through, he has you winding around but there isn't much story on what to do, you might have to cheat, especially needing a dang light.
Last edited by Red_Fist on Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

OjitroC wrote:There's a missing package in HerdPackV3.rar - namely Duke.u - and so some of the maps don't run.
False alarm - I have worked out what happened. The 'engine' seems to look through the UT\system folder before the UT\textures folder and in so doing came across Duke.u (which is a voice pack) when looking for Duke.utx - hence its inability to find certain trims/decos/textures required on particular maps. I've moved Duke.u and the INT file from the system folder and the maps run fine now.

I still have the problem of missing textures on certain maps though. I may try moving texture packages with the same name as those in the downloads (I have download the RAR from another source as well) from the UT\textures folder, replace them with the downloaded textures and see what happens (being aware that this may give rise to problems when playing maps not in this map pack).

It is necessary to summon up a searchlight on quite a few of the maps though some maps do have one or two.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

OjitroC wrote:I still have the problem of missing textures on certain maps though
Probably there is no Texture set by mapper. If you open that map with the editor, select that surface and choose Menu>View>Surface Properties, either the name of the Texture is displayed in the title bar (e.g "1 Surface: NaliCast.Arch.arch1") or the title bar contains the text "1 Surface" only: in this case no Texture is assigned to that surface. (This can happen if map is imported from T3D while the needed Texture package is not loaded.)
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

@Barbie - Yes, you're right - I only tried one map in UEd (but I expect the same applies to the other textureless maps) and, as you suggest, when selecting a surface the title bar only contained the text 'Surface 1'. Thanks for that - now I know I don't need to investigate the various texture packages any further.

Rather a pity as it does detract a little from the enjoyment of some of the maps.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Whatever you give the SkaarjTrooper the SkaarjSniper will also get.
But in the ini don't assign RifleAmmo to the SkaarjSniper, Asign a RocketCan otherwise the gunner will drop RifleAmmo .
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

For what it's worth here is my ini file, but you can change to what you like seems to work out pretty good.

Love this mutator, I really wish it had more control to use in MH. Like limit the amount of items that can be there at once. And possibly fix the deco drops that don't seem to work.
I suppose you could make new ammo classes to do different things.

ini file, not code.

Code: Select all

[Exp_MobDrop.MobDropsMutator]
bUseRespawnHack=True
bForceInventoryRespawn=False
bOnlyForceDropTypes=True
bOverideExistingDrops=False
bNoLogSpam=True
InventoryRespawnTime=8
;	+-----------------------------+
;	|	  Basic pawns         |
BruteDrop=Class'UnrealShare.ShellBox'
CowDrop=Class'UnrealShare.WeaponPowerUp'
DevilFishDrop=Class'UnrealShare.Translator'
FlyDrop=Class'UnrealI.MiniGun'
GasbagDrop=Class'UnrealI.RazorAmmo'
KrallDrop=Class'UnrealShare.ASMDAmmo'
MantaDrop=Class'UnrealI.FlakBox'
MercenaryDrop=Class'UnrealShare.ShellBox'
NaliDrop=Class'UnrealShare.WeaponPowerUp'
PupaeDrop=Class'UnrealShare.Health'
QueenDrop=Class'UnrealShare.Amplifier'
SkaarjDrop=None
SlithDrop=Class'UnrealI.Sludge'
SquidDrop=Class'UnrealShare.Translator'
TentacleDrop=Class'UnrealShare.StingerAmmo'
TitanDrop=Class'UnrealShare.ASMD'
WarlordDrop=Class'UnrealShare.SuperHealth'
;	|	  More pawns          |
LesserBruteDrop=Class'UnrealI.FlakShellAmmo'
BehemothDrop=Class'UnrealShare.RocketCan'
BabyCowDrop=Class'UnrealShare.WeaponPowerUp'
GiantGasbagDrop=Class'UnrealI.RazorAmmo'
KrallEliteDrop=Class'UnrealI.FlakBox'
LeglessKrallDrop=Class'UnrealI.RifleRound'
CaveMantaDrop=Class'UnrealI.FlakShellAmmo'
GiantMantaDrop=Class'UnrealShare.ShieldBelt'
MercenaryEliteDrop=Class'UnrealShare.ShieldBelt'
NaliPriestDrop=Class'UnrealShare.WeaponPowerUp'
StoneTitanDrop=Class'UnrealShare.ASMD'
;	|	    Skaarj            |
SkaarjTrooperDrop=Class'UnrealI.RifleAmmo'
SkaarjGunnerDrop=Class'UnrealShare.RocketCan'
SkaarjInfantryDrop=Class'UnrealShare.StingerAmmo'
SkaarjOfficerDrop=Class'UnrealI.RazorAmmo'
SkaarjSniperDrop=Class'UnrealShare.RocketCan'
SkaarjWarriorDrop=Class'UnrealI.RazorAmmo'
IceSkaarjDrop=Class'UnrealI.RifleAmmo'
SkaarjAssassinDrop=Class'UnrealShare.AutoMag'
SkaarjBerserkerDrop=Class'UnrealI.RifleAmmo'
SkaarjLordDrop=Class'UnrealI.FlakCannon'
SkaarjScoutDrop=Class'UnrealI.GESBioRifle'
;	|	  Decorations         |
BarrelDrop=Class'UnrealShare.Health'
BarrelDrop2=None
BarrelDrop3=None
ChestDrop=Class'UnrealShare.Health'
ChestDrop2=None
ChestDrop3=None
UrnDrop=Class'UnrealShare.Health'
UrnDrop2=None
UrnDrop3=None
VaseDrop=Class'UnrealShare.Health'
VaseDrop2=None
VaseDrop3=None
WoodenBoxDrop=Class'UnrealShare.Health'
WoodenBoxDrop2=None
WoodenBoxDrop3=None
I suppose this should be moved to mutators threads, I could change the title name also.

EDIT
That is one hell of a map pack, :thuup:

EDIT:

I wonder if there is a way to add code in, to adjust how many maximum of each item that you could set that can be in a map at once.