What do you use to upload the video to youtube?

Discussions about everything else
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: What do you use to upload the video to youtube?

Post by sektor2111 »

I'm having a language barrier or this is almost OFF-Topic and keeps going this way.
Title says.... ... upload the video on YouTube, so I was expecting to see various methods for UPLOADING and NOT processing... Or I might be wrong or topic's title doesn't match the subject hyper-debated...
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Well, you can use several ways to process the video then upload it on youtube... sometimes we all have a different way of setting up the video then upload it to youtube so I thought it'll be nice to know and let the people share and try out different things.

Sure, title sound different, I'll fix it when I get back with a general idea title.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

I like to use Open Broadcasting Software (OBS). It might not be very fast, but it suits my needs, including being a free software in all ways of end using, and configurable recording.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

I agree with sektor2111 (and I did try to get it back on track)
Even if the title is changed, this is really 2 completely separate topics, unless you specify that you are only interested in capture software with integrated youtube uploading.
That should cover it :tu:

Capturing software requires a clean dedicated thread, without extra confusion of how to transport it to arbitrary websites.
OBS would need a whole section ! so I would just point people at the existing tutorials.
Having another thread about uploading to sites can also easily encompass more than just 1 service.
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

sinds the introduction of full-hd tv's and 4 k ,the avi file format is almost out of range.
The most video files format you can use these days is the newer mp4 file format and the matroiska file format, because it use higher resolutions.
Its a more comon file format we can use in these modern days.
In the past indeed we did have divx and avi files, but the higher resolution and new hardware (bluray,uhd) needs a file format wich is comon to use as these file containers.
So in other words divx and avi is Old-fashioned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Effi ... deo_Coding

see Wikipedia

ps:With that handbrake software you can also batch multiple files.
question what are the limitations of Original YouTube max upload?
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

rjmno1 wrote:use in these modern days.
Modern days in next 10 years are going to be
rjmno1 wrote:Old-fashioned.
Good luck with these thoughts.
In the past I was watching and enjoying movies at 640×480 with no single issue, having a good feeling compared with a TV box, and I did not die... even I was making trans-coding for poor people having PentiumI CPU at 166 MHz which were saying: THANKS a lot, I love you.
Why suddenly we cannot watch movies having 800×600 ? What exactly do looks borked there ? A quality video with good information is hunted regarding to a non MP4 "quality" which I did not see to be that small at hard-disk space consumed - I have copied Videos and I see they are not that small as expected so... Where is efficiency ? Ah, I got it, buying hardware and spending money...