Discord versus TS3

Discussions about everything else

Discord versus TS3

Postby JackGriffin » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:09 pm

I'm thinking of totally migrating to Discord and closing my personal TS3 server. I have a personal Discord server up now but I'm curious if the general UPlayer still prefers TeamSpeak. I like being able to have no attachment size limit on my own TS but drag-and-drop in Discord is just so great for sharing stuff quickly and that's the majority of how I use it. Any thoughts on one versus the other?
Image
User avatar
JackGriffin
Godlike
 
Posts: 3382
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:53 pm
Personal rank: Hack coder

Re: Discord versus TS3

Postby Deepak O V » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:58 pm

Discord is better than TS3 server, great sound quality, chat & more facilities...
Deepak O V
Experienced
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:56 am
Location: India
Personal rank: Average

Re: Discord versus TS3

Postby papercoffee » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:00 pm

I don't use TS (no headset) ...Discord is a great platform for Chat and Voice and you can implement other chat-protocols.
But it's an annoying sun of a beach for everyone stuck with WinXP. :cry:
But I still use it. But not as frequent as before because of the graphic problems in my Firefox-ESR.

Maybe I can use it better in the future.
User avatar
papercoffee
Site Staff
 
Posts: 8577
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Discord versus TS3

Postby JackGriffin » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:08 pm

Let me know if you get back on Discord pc. I'd love it if you could admin it. I *think* I worked through the settings correctly and it's all good but I'd be very happy if you could check it over for me.

I'm going to hang out in there this week a lot as I work on this MHBasic mod thing. I was using the UT99 Discord but the automated spamming from certain clients made it unusable for me. I don't want to be notified seventeen times that the same person has joined IRC then left IRC
Image

If I see the logo lit up I want to know that I'm not wasting time to check it. If anyone has requests or such on the mod let me know and I'll send you an invite.
Image
User avatar
JackGriffin
Godlike
 
Posts: 3382
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:53 pm
Personal rank: Hack coder

Re: Discord versus TS3

Postby Deepak O V » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:59 am

Still using win XP lol, I'm used discord will my PC & mobile, no problems so far & I'm using with Google Chrome os: Win 10/Win 7 my discord id is = Deepu#9797
Deepak O V
Experienced
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:56 am
Location: India
Personal rank: Average

Re: Discord versus TS3

Postby Chamberly » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:11 am

A lot of players are using discord but there are some other ones that don't want to use it (Sniper players for an example, I tried spoken to a few and they just don't want the interest of trying something new) and prefer to use the TS3.

& then some are still using TS3 as a backup or something so... in some cases, you might want to have a TS3 as a backup.
Image
Image
irc.globalgamers.net #uscript
http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript
Image
User avatar
Chamberly
Godlike
 
Posts: 1612
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:32 pm
Location: TN, USA
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: Discord versus TS3

Postby JackGriffin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:29 pm

I have my own contained TS3 server running out of my server laptop but its useless for swapping files. Too many times I end up having to use Sync or email to hotswap mod work with someone. Why there is no drag-and-drop file sharing in TS3 is beyond me and really limits the usefulness. The permissions system is just insane too. It absolutely requires you to spend a couple of afternoons to get it set up correctly and even then you wonder if you missed anything or messed up some obtuse setting that allows some right you didn't mean to allow.

Discord seems to have all of this stuff right but the downside is that I can't run my own server from home and remove the file swap size limits. Other than that it seems to be a solid choice.
Image
User avatar
JackGriffin
Godlike
 
Posts: 3382
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:53 pm
Personal rank: Hack coder

Re: Discord versus TS3

Postby MosinMocachino » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:39 pm

papercoffee wrote:I don't use TS (no headset) ...Discord is a great platform for Chat and Voice and you can implement other chat-protocols.
But it's an annoying sun of a beach for everyone stuck with WinXP. :cry:
But I still use it. But not as frequent as before because of the graphic problems in my Firefox-ESR.

Maybe I can use it better in the future.

You can use it on WinXP if you use Opera in the browser. On my WinXP laptop I use it.
User avatar
MosinMocachino
Novice
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:42 pm

Re: Discord versus TS3

Postby papercoffee » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:55 am

MosinMocachino wrote:
papercoffee wrote:I don't use TS (no headset) ...Discord is a great platform for Chat and Voice and you can implement other chat-protocols.
But it's an annoying sun of a beach for everyone stuck with WinXP. :cry:
But I still use it. But not as frequent as before because of the graphic problems in my Firefox-ESR.

Maybe I can use it better in the future.

You can use it on WinXP if you use Opera in the browser. On my WinXP laptop I use it.

Opera for 32bit can't be downloaded.
Vivaldi, Chromium, Iron... all of those tested and all of them won't connect to Discord. They all have a expired-certificate-blocking activated and don't seem to be able to be updated.
User avatar
papercoffee
Site Staff
 
Posts: 8577
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Discord versus TS3

Postby MosinMocachino » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:56 am

papercoffee wrote:
MosinMocachino wrote:
papercoffee wrote:I don't use TS (no headset) ...Discord is a great platform for Chat and Voice and you can implement other chat-protocols.
But it's an annoying sun of a beach for everyone stuck with WinXP. :cry:
But I still use it. But not as frequent as before because of the graphic problems in my Firefox-ESR.

Maybe I can use it better in the future.

You can use it on WinXP if you use Opera in the browser. On my WinXP laptop I use it.

Opera for 32bit can't be downloaded.
Vivaldi, Chromium, Iron... all of those tested and all of them won't connect to Discord. They all have a expired-certificate-blocking activated and don't seem to be able to be updated.

Ah okay, I used a version from Oldapps.com
User avatar
MosinMocachino
Novice
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:42 pm


Return to Misc | Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron