Future of the internet?

Discussions about everything else
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Re: Future of the internet?

Post by UTPe »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote:So UTPe the joke's on you because you're misinformed.
for sure, I live in a cavern (far from real world) :tu:
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Basically yes, in your own safe cavern, unaware what's really going on out there. Bet you hardly stepped out of your town/city either. And if you did, probably just as a stupid tourist.
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Post by nogardilaref »

Higor wrote: @nogardilaref
You have no freedom of speech in the EU.
Not sure what you mean by that, but if we go deep down on how things actually are instead of how they ought to be, there's no full freedom of speech anywhere in the entire world.
It just so happens that you are allowed to speak up more in some places than others, and it happens that for certain things, there are better places than others, and when it comes to things like this and corporativism in general, EU is a better place to be at than US, and both are better places to be than many other parts of the world which are beyond fucked up.
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote:it was documented before that they just entered the building, took money and left without doing any work
Well I really don't see the problem, they've been doing that in the french institutions for decades. Nothing horrible, just the normal ways corrupt western democracies function.
All this is meaningless, the Earth is ruined, we're all going to die.
You must construct additional pylons.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Well *shrugs* there you have it right out of the blue. sheesh

(seriously, to the point he's thinking it's nothing horrible, now that's what im talking about)
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

If you are feeling well, do not watch this. If you do, don't watch either.

If you wanna take a peek behind scenes what's going on...

Viewer discretion adviced. Your happy mood, or possible gray mood will turn dark.

It takes about a hour but it sheds some light on the truth. This is the agenda behind it.
youtube.com/watch?v=jPmUGq25KBk
If the board feels I should not post this or wishes to not post things like this in the future let me know.

-Edit by papercoffee-
This member can only post when permitted.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Terraniux wrote: If the board feels I should not post this or wishes to not post things like this in the future let me know.
Ok... the net neutrality concerns all of us, because without it all gamer will suffer.
But please refrain from posting any more politic stuff (especially when it's tinfoil hat theory stuff).
We have btw. a rule for this circumstances. ;)
Terraniux
Masterful

Post by Terraniux »

papercoffee wrote:
Terraniux wrote: If the board feels I should not post this or wishes to not post things like this in the future let me know.
Ok... the net neutrality concerns all of us, because without it all gamer will suffer.
But please refrain from posting any more politic stuff (especially when it's tinfoil hat theory stuff).
We have btw. a rule for this circumstances. ;)
I understand that....
(especially when it's tinfoil hat theory stuff).
This I dont.

I thank you for not deleting the whole link. But I've watched over 100+ documentaries. POV's from left to right, up and down. criss cross.
And people deserve to wake up.

I feel this is my duty. Again . I do not want to bring doom or anything -- but the truth is dark, leading to light.

Tinfoil thinkers are not the victims here.
That's all .

Just beware. Be warned.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Be assure ...before we get replaced by machines will we more certainly go back into a dark age ...with smartphones.
Facts are nothing, feelings are everything.

“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
― George Orwell, 1984

If you really want to open your mind, search for the book "The Crowd: A Study of the Popular Mind".
It's a book from 1895. And it's still topical.
Terraniux
Masterful

Post by Terraniux »

papercoffee wrote:Be assure ...before we get replaced by machines will we more certainly go back into a dark age ...with smartphones.
Facts are nothing, feelings are everything.

“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
― George Orwell, 1984

If you really want to open your mind, search for the book "The Crowd: A Study of the Popular Mind".
It's a book from 1895. And it's still topical.
He is a wise man, maybe we are on the same page here. The part about machines -- I surely agree. Feelings are everything,-- I agree. Big time !

But have you watched for 5 mins? max 10? You didn't. It still its strange to call ( out of of you ) others tinheads. I ain't any of that.

I just believe the world isnt real and is only ruled by big moneybags controlled by the devil to do their will.
Been doing this research over 15+ years

Only God, Jesus Christ is our savior.

( i know i know, no religious things should be posted. But I meaning this in the best of ways. )

there is no harm intented .
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Terraniux wrote: I just believe the world isnt real and is only ruled by big moneybags controlled by the devil to do their will.
Believe me the devil would be ashamed to be lumped together with those moneybags. :mrgreen:
And now enough religious talk.

The Net-Neutrality went down the toilet. What now fellow US members?
Do you have any news?
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Post by nogardilaref »

It seems they still can battle it over on courts and with congress on their back.

Then again, Net Neutrality is almost inexistent in Portugal (where I live), and is actually used as an example of what may happen without Net Neutrality overseas.
It's not as dramatic as what people may believe, but then again the EU has other rules which both directly and indirectly prevent some bullshit being pulled, "some" Net Neutrality of sort to speak.

But things like specific cheaper packages to have more access to certain apps or services do exist (my ISP is the one employing them actually), and some websites have already been blocked, apparently by the order of Portugal government itself (all "piracy" sites for the record, but from the DNS only, so if you put the IPs directly in your hosts file or use another DNS, they're still accessible).
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

With Net Neutrality:
Client wants more bandwidth, pay bigger plan.
Service provider (HD streamers in particular) wants more bandwidth, OH NOES THEY'RE THROTTLING ME SO I DON'T CLOG THE LINES PLZ GOVERNMENT DO SOMETHING

Without Net Neutrality:
Client wants more bandwidth, pay bigger plan. Wants low ping path, switch to fast-path (less bandwidth). Wants less services/sites/protocls, changes plan to pay less.
Service provider wants more bandwidth, "ISP: hey guys, we're outta infrastructure for the bandwidth you need to operate, if you want more pay us".

Isn't it funny?
You are allowed to upgrade/downgrade your plan as a client, but ISPs are held at gunpoint when it comes to providing bandwidth to big companies.
Does Comcast have a monopoly? Go back in time and see what Clinton did in 1996, plus the FCC revolving-doors corruption all over the 2000's decade.
How about you try taking regulations down a notch just to see what happens?

And the internet going to end? Are you ppl seriously that stupid to believe all that fearmongering originating from the same companies that benefit from all that overregulation?

===========================================
More to add:
99.9% of internet censorship comes from government entities via regulation or court orders.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

You are seriously oversimplifying things Higor. One very serious consideration that you overlook is that a huge part of internet infrastructure was physically built by private companies but was directly funded by tax dollars. In many countries it was built by the government themselves, again using tax dollars. The people own this, it was our money used to make it with the agreement that it was done with a strong eye towards universal service.

Now that it's done and in place the US government is trying to walk back that commitment and assert more control over it. The internet is subversive and immensely powerful and because of that I don't think it's possible to stop the US gov from slowly taking it over but let's call it what it is and not try to paint it with a "free market economy" brush. The internet itself is a free market and it needs to be, however the physical structure is not a free market. We built it, we own it, we all get to use it equally or the entire model falls apart.
So long, and thanks for all the fish