MERRY CHRISTMAS!! or just HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Discussions about everything else
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS!! or just HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

If I reap what I sow acording to MMU, then reap it too. Is christmas about being nice to people? Then try to cheer me up instead. Instead I got kicked down by mmu at the time when I'm feeling down. That's the real christmas spirit ain't it?

I was glad I had some money left to food, yet the first thing you see is mmu crashing his bike and bothering me with his pms, when I tell him it's clear how I feel if he's read my posts and he must have given he appeared in the threads or at least looked over them...then he tells me to literally fuck off. So no, no pleases....
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Post by nogardilaref »

Goddamn Leo, enough with the self-pity already...
You think you're the only one in a shitty situation?

I could give you tons of examples of tons of people in UT alone (without counting other places and even RL) for whom this Christmas, or even the whole year, wasn't a big deal and things didn't go too well.
Even I, although I am reasonably well in life at the moment, for one I don't take it for granted, so I am still using some of my free time investing in something else, and for two, I already was in a situation for some years where it went to the point me and my family had zero money to even buy bread. If it wasn't a nice woman in Social Services saving us from starvation by handing us unclaimed food from the food bank, we would have starved, to not count that we almost got homeless (wouldn't we have a little bit of gold offered to us decades ago from my godmother to me when I was born, I would probably be on the street).

So do you know what I did? I held my head high, focused in what I had and worked very hard towards it, and never once complained about how unfair and shitty the world is, and little by little over the span of 7 years I was able to build the kind of life I wanted to lead, and as a result it actually worked out.
But I am not going to stop here, I will continue moving forward and climbing the ladder of life, because the higher I go, the more steps I will have to grab myself on should I fall.

Should you not even attempt to climb that ladder, and expect people to feel pity for you instead trying to get attention or anything else, you will only keep falling.

So if you have the time to post here, do Unreal/UT stuff and browse the Internet, then perhaps consider spending at least a bit of that time in actually studying and working towards what really matters in order to improve your current situation, perhaps maybe stop with UT and Unreal all together until you actually lead a happy enough life yourself (that's what I did), as in this age of technology and information, it actually isn't as hard as before to use it to your advantage and get enough money from it, even my little brother is making stuff like small games and content for games while he doesn't find a job, and he got a little bit of money in donations and whatnot, as all you need is a computer, Internet access (even if from a friend's house or a cyber cafe), a bit of time and the actual intent to do something on your own for your own sake. You don't need anything else.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Well, I'm soding off from here then. It wasn't about self pity but you just don't get it. Imagine how you'd feel if someone suddenly went and harassed you while you were still down. Besides. FE
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

Merry cristmass to all unreal and unreal tournament players site admin and moderators from this forum and ofcourse all members of this forum,
and all ut 99 players around the world.

unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Post by nogardilaref »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote:It wasn't about self pity but you just don't get it.
It is self-pity and nothing more.
Leo(T.C.K.) wrote:Imagine how you'd feel if someone suddenly went and harassed you while you were still down.
Guess what... been there myself, and just like you and myself, many many others as well, don't think you're special, none of us are.
And do you know what I did? Simple. UT stuff (or any online matters related essentially to hobbies and nothing more) take the backseat, back there in the last car in the whole train, when facing RL issues.

Does your RL suck? Do something about it first. Sure, motivate yourself with whichever nice things your friends, both in RL and in online communities can say and do for you, and simply discard the ones which do not matter.
And right now, you have an issue with MMU only, no one else, done through PMs only from what you told us, so we had no way to have known it before you said anything, but you went out of your way to post in a topic meant for good things, and good wishes for everyone, to transform it into a bad thing for everyone, insulting everyone in the process, and it isn't the first time you pull something like this.

So pull yourself together and stop complaining. The world is only as fair as you build it to be.
And if it was through PMs, at most you should have PMed the admins of the forum first and foremost, and the very fact that you wanted to make a public display out of it out of the blue, while providing details about what's going on in your RL, tells that you really want the attention towards yourself.

EDIT: Don't take me wrong, we all know MMU can be a dick sometimes, we all are dicks at one time or another, but your attitude over it should not translate into this.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

This is the most UT community thread ever. In three pages you have best holiday wishes, gratitude expressed, photos shared, harassment, anger, debate, admonishment, stalking, and threats of quitting. No one does a Christmas thread like our community.

This is why we can't have nice things.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

It happened on the DOG forum. It was a simple PM like how you doin'. Got attacked instantly. It wasn't the first time.
I tried to stay away from this topic and not to contribute to it's derailment and so should you. Let's ignore this. :noidea
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Not that late response to with you a Merry Christmas, right? :D
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Carbon wrote:Leo, please. Not here.
zeur grunts:
"Hey, Carbon. Been a while. Mestill has something for you.
carbpac3.jpg
carbpac3.jpg (16.56 KiB) Viewed 1599 times
To bystanders: this did not come out of nowhere. A while ago he made a
complete mess over at Smirftsch' place out of the delusion that Leo and
me are the same person. He just wouldn't stop, so memade that image.

Just when mewas ready to post it, however, he somewhat came to his
senses. Since me's not hateful, medecided to save this for another day,
a day which has come now.

His own pacifier. Carbon can be so proud."
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Ok, Christmas is over. Well done boys!
If I see another drama appear in any thread I will delete this post.
:wth: