Collection updates...

Discussions about everything else
User avatar
Carbon
Inhuman
Posts: 855
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:52 pm
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Collection updates...

Post by Carbon »

Well, might as well post an update.

New items are getting hard to find, but I did happen upon a couple of things.

First, the French version, which I have wanted since HellKeeper showed off his! Not sealed, but in excellent condition.

Image

Then, a sealed UT2004 SE! The plastic looks a bit rough, but it's in mint condition and quite hard to find sealed. Very happy with this one! :rock:

Image

Image
User avatar
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Posts: 882
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:32 pm
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton
Location: France

Re: Collection updates...

Post by Hellkeeper »

I hope you noticed how wonderful the french box is, with no sign of the world "Unreal" anywhere.
Pretty confusing. :D
You must construct additional pylons.
User avatar
Feralidragon
Godlike
Posts: 5477
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:24 pm
Personal rank: Work In Progress
Location: Liandri

Re: Collection updates...

Post by Feralidragon »

That is pretty cool. :rock:
Hellkeeper wrote:I hope you noticed how wonderful the french box is, with no sign of the world "Unreal" anywhere.
Pretty confusing. :D
It was a different time without Google translator... so they just translated what they could... :lol2:
(either that, or perhaps the word "Unreal" is at the top of the box, we didn't see every angle :mrgreen: , or it's just a knockoff version)
User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 10240
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.

Re: Collection updates...

Post by papercoffee »

Feralidragon wrote:That is pretty cool. :rock:
Hellkeeper wrote:I hope you noticed how wonderful the french box is, with no sign of the world "Unreal" anywhere.
Pretty confusing. :D
It was a different time without Google translator... so they just translated what they could... :lol2:
(either that, or perhaps the word "Unreal" is at the top of the box, we didn't see every angle :mrgreen: , or it's just a knockoff version)
Shouldn't it be then "Surréel Tournoi" ?
User avatar
Carbon
Inhuman
Posts: 855
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:52 pm
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Re: Collection updates...

Post by Carbon »

Hellkeeper wrote:I hope you noticed how wonderful the french box is, with no sign of the world "Unreal" anywhere.
Pretty confusing. :D
Indeed! This is why I wanted it so bad! Also, the French version has a tab that holds the cover closed, unlike all other country's editions which lack such a tab.

I thought that maybe "Unreal" didn't translate so well into French; many times the names of games simply don't work or are somehow offensive in other languages and thought maybe in French "Unreal" lacked context or something. :noidea
User avatar
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Posts: 882
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:32 pm
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton
Location: France

Re: Collection updates...

Post by Hellkeeper »

Not really, it isn't offensive and translates transparently to an exact equivalent, there's no evident reason. I'd like to know what the editor was thinking. :???:
You must construct additional pylons.
User avatar
Carbon
Inhuman
Posts: 855
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:52 pm
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Re: Collection updates...

Post by Carbon »

Sorry to bump, but...

Just in, Unreal from Japan! I have longed for this one for a while and now it's here! Good shape..a real treat.

Image

Image

I haven't opened the CD yet (my CD-ROM isn't connected) though...probably nothing remarkable.

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 10240
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.

Re: Collection updates...

Post by papercoffee »

This looks very nice!! :rock:
User avatar
Feralidragon
Godlike
Posts: 5477
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:24 pm
Personal rank: Work In Progress
Location: Liandri

Re: Collection updates...

Post by Feralidragon »

Nani!? :shock:

Sugoi! :rock:

As an aside, did anyone notice that there's a Japanese server with 30/30 players (most of them fakes for sure)?
I tried to enter it, but got rejected, so probably they are only allowing Japanese IPs.
User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 10240
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.

Re: Collection updates...

Post by papercoffee »

Feralidragon wrote:Nani!? :shock:

Sugoi! :rock:

As an aside, did anyone notice that there's a Japanese server with 30/30 players (most of them fakes for sure)?
I tried to enter it, but got rejected, so probably they are only allowing Japanese IPs.
An Japanese server? Where? I mean what's the IP?
User avatar
esnesi
Inhuman
Posts: 964
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:58 pm
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Re: Collection updates...

Post by esnesi »

Is it the GUST one with that mapvote which allows multiple sessions ?
Never saw any other JPN servers.
https://www.gametracker.com/search/ut/?query=.jp

Sorry for going offtopic here.
This collection of yours is legendary! :rock:
Last edited by esnesi on Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chris
Experienced
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:27 am

Re: Collection updates...

Post by Chris »

Feralidragon wrote:Nani!? :shock:

Sugoi! :rock:

As an aside, did anyone notice that there's a Japanese server with 30/30 players (most of them fakes for sure)?
I tried to enter it, but got rejected, so probably they are only allowing Japanese IPs.
Nan demonai :loool:

!!!Yarmero!!! -- I remember this from old MHJ and HOF servers.

I live an hour away from Japan, I should really try to get my hands on the JP version of UT.
Japanese servers are pretty much the only servers I can get a good ping to. :sad2:
There is the がち ごや server which runs a very unique setup. Not always stable but interesting.
User avatar
Feralidragon
Godlike
Posts: 5477
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:24 pm
Personal rank: Work In Progress
Location: Liandri

Re: Collection updates...

Post by Feralidragon »

papercoffee wrote: An Japanese server? Where? I mean what's the IP?
jpn_ut99_servers.jpg
They're empty right now, but it seems they fill up every once in a while, and this time I was able to enter (I guess back then it was really full, although it didn't list more than 2 real players...).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Posts: 882
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:32 pm
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton
Location: France

Re: Collection updates...

Post by Hellkeeper »

Hey Carbon, I would very much like to know what version is this UT2003:
01.jpg
And where can I get it?
As most know, I have a specific place in my heart for UT2003 and I've never seen any cover art for it other than the classic one, with Sapphire, Malcolm holding a flag and the alien with a rocket launcher. I've seen picture of this cover, featuring Cannonball holding the Bombing Run ball, but I've never seen it on the box itself. I need it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You must construct additional pylons.
User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 10240
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.

Re: Collection updates...

Post by papercoffee »

Hellkeeper wrote:Hey Carbon, I would very much like to know what version is this UT2003:
01.jpg
And where can I get it?
As most know, I have a specific place in my heart for UT2003 and I've never seen any cover art for it other than the classic one, with Sapphire, Malcolm holding a flag and the alien with a rocket launcher. I've seen picture of this cover, featuring Cannonball holding the Bombing Run ball, but I've never seen it on the box itself. I need it.
In Germany was the cover with Cannonball pretty common. Later versions got the default cover with Sapphire.