Does anyone know how to log in to the Epic Games forums?

Discussions about everything else
Marscaleb
Average

Does anyone know how to log in to the Epic Games forums?

Post by Marscaleb »

Seriously, this is stupid. I have to go to a completely unrelated site to ask for help on this.

I can't log on to the Epic Games forums. I'm not getting an error, THERE IS LITERALLY NO LINK TO LOG IN.
And if you click the link at the bottom of the page that says "contact us" it takes you to a page that says "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page"
I go to epic's site, and the "contact" page just has links to the support pages for various games and brands with no direct contact to Epic themselves, apart from sending a letter in the mail or calling a long distance number. And their "support" page just has articles on specific issues; just a big FAQ.

Seriously, there is literally no link to log in, and no way to send a quick message to Epic to let them know about this problem.
ShaiHulud
Adept

Re: Does anyone know how to log in to the Epic Games forums?

Post by ShaiHulud »

How frustrating - but could this be a browser and/or plug-in issue? When I browse there, there's a small icon at the top-right of the page which says "Sign In" when I move my cursor over it:

papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

They had got rid of any UT4 link from the main page ...who knows why.
But if you search for the forum with google, you can reach it and log in like ShaiHulud mentioned.
If you want to contact Epic directly is Discord or Twitter the best way. Or our Discord channel, Flak is a member at UT99's Discord.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

If you have Javascript disabled, enable it.

Their sign-in is within a bar which they only load after the rest of the page has loaded, with JS, and you see it popping in, which is an absolutely terrible UX.

Also, Epic has a long history of building a great engine, but the most terrible forums/sites overall.
They are either allocating almost no budget/time to their web sites to be properly finished and maintained, or their web developers are just too incompetent to build something properly, or they're using the usual low-tier consultants who don't know what even a session or SQL injection is to build the forums and sites for them.

I mean, the forums either do not offer the most basic functionality or are broken as hell, offer a bad UX overall, and they have been hacked who knows how many times over the years, and with each iteration they've only been getting worse.
So do not expect much from them on the web side of things.
Marscaleb
Average

Post by Marscaleb »

ShaiHulud wrote:How frustrating - but could this be a browser and/or plug-in issue? When I browse there, there's a small icon at the top-right of the page which says "Sign In" when I move my cursor over it:

No such luck here.

Cronoloop
Skilled

Post by Cronoloop »

papercoffee wrote:They had got rid of any UT4 link from the main page ...who knows why.
reason is simple: project not only was a failure but also an embarrassment to the company
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Cronoloop wrote:
papercoffee wrote:They had got rid of any UT4 link from the main page ...who knows why.
reason is simple: project not only was a failure but also an embarrassment to the company
Nope: https://www.epicgames.com/
It's right there in the top menu (UT), the side menu (Unreal Tournament) and it's one of the 4 slides, so...
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Feralidragon wrote:
Cronoloop wrote:
Nope: https://www.epicgames.com/
It's right there in the top menu (UT), the side menu (Unreal Tournament) and it's one of the 4 slides, so...
Oh it's back again? It was gone a few month ago.

Edit----------------------------
Nope, not working. https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/ try to get into the forum from here.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Oh, you mean the forum link? Sorry, I thought you meant the link for the game itself.
Yeah, for the forum itself the link is no longer there explicitly, you need to go to "Support" to see it.

Maybe because the project is on hold, or simply because they felt it didn't belong there, idk.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Feralidragon wrote:Oh, you mean the forum link? Sorry, I thought you meant the link for the game itself.
"Play" won't work as well.
Feralidragon wrote:Yeah, for the forum itself the link is no longer there explicitly, you need to go to "Support" to see it.
Maybe because the project is on hold, or simply because they felt it didn't belong there, idk.
They did this a few month before they announced that UT4 will be on hold because of Fortnite.
I think (and that's just a theory) they wanted to hide it, to stop most of those negative comments from new registered people in the forum.

Some people just popped up to tell others how much this game failed and vanished shortly after. And all the negative Nancies (long time member, mostly butthurt) kept the discussion alive till another Troll popped up... etc.
I call it the circle of shit.
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

The forum in the screenshot above is closed. After the hacking episode in 2016, Epic closed the forums at https://forums.epicgames.com/ and are now read only, I believe.

The active forum for the new UT is at https://forums.unrealtournament.com/ and is working fine.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Carbon wrote:The forum in the screenshot above is closed. After the hacking episode in 2016, Epic closed the forums at https://forums.epicgames.com/ and are now read only, I believe.

The active forum for the new UT is at https://forums.unrealtournament.com/ and is working fine.
ASDFGFDS!!!
Seriously? I didn't notice that Marscaleb was trying to log in into the old epicgames forum.
I think it would be good for the next time to ask to show the darn URL in the picture too.
gamerz31w
Average

Post by gamerz31w »

Well you can at least register to Unreal Engine Forums and then login normally or just synchronize it.Not only thanks to Epic Games Launcher,but you can also login in Epic Games forum via PSN account,XBLA account, Nintendo Network, Facebook account,Google + account.You can always choose.