Page 1 of 2

[UT99.org Forum] - Signature (GameTracker Banner)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:57 am
by iSenSe
Hi staff,

Short question;

Gametracker banners in signatures.
Is there a reason why this got changed, or is this not possible for a reason ?"

It appears some older users (SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}) had the possiblity back then.

Re: [UT99.org Forum] - Signature (GameTracker Banner)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:59 am
by papercoffee
iSenSe wrote:Gametracker banners in signatures.
Is there a reason why this got changed, or is this not possible for a reason ?"

Why shouldn't it work?
I would ask SC]-[WARTZ how he did it... For my own banners, I use the default url-img-img-url tag combination. I'm sure it's the same for SC]-[WARTZ.

Re: [UT99.org Forum] - Signature (GameTracker Banner)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:48 am
by iSenSe
papercoffee wrote:
iSenSe wrote:Gametracker banners in signatures.
Is there a reason why this got changed, or is this not possible for a reason ?"

Why shouldn't it work?
I would ask SC]-[WARTZ how he did it... For my own banners, I use the default url-img-img-url tag combination. I'm sure it's the same for SC]-[WARTZ.


That was offcourse the first thing that i did indeed :tongue:
He answerred that he was not possible to edit them anymore since (unknown).

When i add a gametracker banner in my signature:
example; (seems that it loads correctly in the post)
Image
i get the following error:
Code: Select all
''It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image''

Re: [UT99.org Forum] - Signature (GameTracker Banner)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:19 pm
by Aldebaran
We had similar discussion one year ago, see viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12161.
Perhaps forum based issue not solved?

Re: [UT99.org Forum] - Signature (GameTracker Banner)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:15 pm
by Chamberly
Aldebaran wrote:We had similar discussion one year ago, see viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12161.
Perhaps forum based issue not solved?


Bingo. @Shade

Re: [UT99.org Forum] - Signature (GameTracker Banner)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:36 pm
by Qwerty
yeah its annoying when forums start to fall apart and not maintained. I cant change the sig either.

Re: [UT99.org Forum] - Signature (GameTracker Banner)

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:06 pm
by iSenSe
Any Admin/Moderator Active Here ?

Re: [UT99.org Forum] - Signature (GameTracker Banner)

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:38 pm
by papercoffee
iSenSe wrote:Any Admin/Moderator Active Here ?

Yes, I am active. But I can't fix this problem, because I don't have root access and can't fix the forum software. :|

Re: [UT99.org Forum] - Signature (GameTracker Banner)

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:27 pm
by Shade
I researched a bit. I guess that this image has wrong/weird EXIF data (maybe because of the way this file gets created/updated), which results in that error.
Theoretically the problem can be "solved" by putting "0" in the x and y size limits. But I don't like that solution. Hmmm....

Re: [UT99.org Forum] - Signature (GameTracker Banner)

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:48 pm
by papercoffee
Shade wrote:I researched a bit. I guess that this image has wrong/weird EXIF data (maybe because of the way this file gets created/updated), which results in that error.
Theoretically the problem can be "solved" by putting "0" in the x and y size limits. But I don't like that solution. Hmmm....

instead of hard limitations, what about hard rules?

Re: [UT99.org Forum] - Signature (GameTracker Banner)

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:52 pm
by Shade
papercoffee wrote:
Shade wrote:I researched a bit. I guess that this image has wrong/weird EXIF data (maybe because of the way this file gets created/updated), which results in that error.
Theoretically the problem can be "solved" by putting "0" in the x and y size limits. But I don't like that solution. Hmmm....

instead of hard limitations, what about hard rules?


Trial and Error I guess? Okay, lets try it.

Edit: It works, the image can now be put in the signature. @iSenSe :)

Re: [UT99.org Forum] - Signature (GameTracker Banner)

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:04 pm
by papercoffee
Shade wrote:
papercoffee wrote:
Shade wrote:I researched a bit. I guess that this image has wrong/weird EXIF data (maybe because of the way this file gets created/updated), which results in that error.
Theoretically the problem can be "solved" by putting "0" in the x and y size limits. But I don't like that solution. Hmmm....

instead of hard limitations, what about hard rules?


Trial and Error I guess? Okay, lets try it.

Edit: It works, the image can now be put in the signature. @iSenSe :)

Now we have to set up a rule for the signature... :mrgreen:

Edit-----------
Forget it, we have already such a rule :ironic:
10. Signatures and graphics attached to a thread shall not affect the readibility of the page. Therefore, henceforth the following rules will apply: No more than 5 lines of text. Pictures/banners not more than 468x60 pixel (width x height). The width has to be arranged in such a way, that no horizontal scrolling is required at a resolution of 1024x768.


Edit2----------
Darn it, just noticed "Pictures/banners not more than 468x60 pixel" now I have to edit my new banner again. :|

Re: [UT99.org Forum] - Signature (GameTracker Banner)

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:21 pm
by Shade
papercoffee wrote:Edit2----------
Darn it, just noticed "Pictures/banners not more than 468x60 pixel" now I have to edit my new banner again. :|


Haha. Permaban! I've updated the house rules: viewtopic.php?p=105999&f=1#p105999

Re: [UT99.org Forum] - Signature (GameTracker Banner)

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 3:16 pm
by papercoffee
Shade wrote:Haha. Permaban!

Oooooh nooooooz ...bummer.

Re: [UT99.org Forum] - Signature (GameTracker Banner)

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:29 pm
by Barbie
Shade wrote:Edit: It works, the image can now be put in the signature. @iSenSe :)
Hint: the @-notification is broken, too (see this post also).