Ooh, I am excited, just installed fireFox.

Discussions about everything else
Red_Fist
Godlike

Ooh, I am excited, just installed fireFox.

Post by Red_Fist »

LOL

It seems Microsoft isn't going to help us (update) perfect power users with IEBlowyourMind browser, MS_scumbags. :thudown:

But the new FireFox, (or old) is good ONLY in-that, I am FORCED to use the damn thing.
Government control IMO

BUT !!! It seems they simplified it, and things work with a more logical flow process (is about time they made things normal, geez. LIKE IE yeeehaw.
No really, It seems manageable from the way I think. I Will vote it a 8.895 out of 10. :what:

I always used NetScape and hated IE until IE7, then I stayed with IE until now,,,I use Win7Pro 64 bit.

No " EDGE " either, if I could install it (win7), never tried. But I don't like it very much.
Binary Space Partitioning
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Re: Ooh, I am excited, just installed fireFox.

Post by esnesi »

If you're looking for more developer options i can recommend FireFox Developer:
https://www.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/developer/
(More security updates)

Normal use:
Chromium (desync) portable :)
https://chromium.woolyss.com/
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

Firefox or Chrome. There is nothing else that compares. I haven't seen Netscape in 20 years+

internut exploder
nutscrape

these were some fun names we had for these browsers
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
JimmyCognitti

Post by JimmyCognitti »

Last time I used Netscape was in 2000 (and never actually liked it), it's kind of funny to see somebody mentioning this jurassic piece of software these days.
Chrome is a memory hogger and a tracker, do yourself a favor and avoid it (though it sort of works fine on Android-based phones).
Firefox is the best option if you're on PC Windows, no need to look further.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

IE ? Power user ?
don't make me laugh.

Power users use a powerful browser with power features, not a browser that gets Pwned quicker than others, and lacks any power features.
Even the extensions catalogue lacks useful security addons.

Firefox has lost access to many of the security addons since the new engine, which makes it less power user (in my opinion).
I still use it, but less and less.

For a power user browser it is worth looking at Vivaldi.
It is built around Chromium but with the google crud removed and a more flexible and feature rich interface on top, made with standard CSS so people are easily able to modify the UI to their own needs.
It allows hosting of mobile sites in web panels so many bloated sites can be reduced to a popout panel that will stay running in the background.
Useful sites to add as a panel would be things like Skype Web, Hangouts, twitter, facebook, radio players, etc.
This allows you use the browser as a more complete communications framework without cluttering the window with lots of tabs you have to keep open.