AH HA !!! all you foreigners.

Discussions about everything else
Red_Fist
Godlike

AH HA !!! all you foreigners.

Post by Red_Fist »

So you say use metrics, huh, ok I just read my beer can and it friggen says "1 "PINT" 8 ounces (24 ounce).

When I hear people going to "pubs" and they order a "pint" gahhhhaahahahah such hypocrites :P :P :P :lol2:
Binary Space Partitioning
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Re: AH HA !!! all you foreigners.

Post by Gustavo6046 »

"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

The US is the most capitalist country in the world.

This capitalism is best driven by knowing what your customers want, enjoy and can afford, so they buy your products willingly.

The active measuring of the impact of a product to know how to best make a profit is called "business metrics".

Checkmate :P :lol2: :loool:
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

The only pints I can find here is when I go to an Irish Pub... which is kind of still not a usual tavern here. We have more Kneipen.
The ratio pub against Kneipen (bars) is 1 to 50.
Irish pubs are more an event bar with Irish music and pictures of Irish people who seem to be popular in Ireland. :mrgreen:
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

As this would seem to be a UK specific issue, I guess that means .....
I don't really know what this means, as everyone is a foreigner anywhere but where they came from.

Pubs sell beer by the pint, because they are allowed to. They can sell in any quantity they have measures for.
You can't buy "pints" of beer in a shop. In the UK the cans are marked in metric ml, but some equate to 1 imperial pint. Very often they are 500ml.

"A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet"
-William Shakespeare
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Feralidragon wrote:The US is the most capitalist country in the world.

This capitalism is best driven by knowing what your customers want, enjoy and can afford, so they buy your products willingly.

The active measuring of the impact of a product to know how to best make a profit is called "business metrics".

Checkmate :P :lol2: :loool:

fine, just fine, now go get your 18.23459878987675456 ounce beer. :mrgreen:
Binary Space Partitioning