And the Best Forum Feature Award 2018 goes to...

Discussions about everything else
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

And the Best Forum Feature Award 2018 goes to...

Post by Gustavo6046 »

moot point
2k0SmqbBIpQ
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: And the Best Forum Feature Award 2018 goes to...

Post by papercoffee »

@Gustavo6046
Mention.png
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Oh, nice. I mean, how would I know that it toggles that behavior?

That label's a bit confusing. Other than that, thank you!

(also, this topic is only 30% serious, but maybe that wasn't a good idea :P )
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Still, I personally also find this "feature" somewhat annoying.

Not the feature as a whole, the feature by itself is useful, just the way it's implemented is awful: it treats mentions as PMs, and not only it reaches your mail inbox as such (making it look like someone really PMed you until you open the mail), my main issue with it is how the mention stays as a PM in your inbox, never expiring, ever, cluttering it to fuck if you get mentioned a lot at any given point in time.
:barf:
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

Feralidragon wrote:Still, I personally also find this "feature" somewhat annoying.

Not the feature as a whole, the feature by itself is useful, just the way it's implemented is awful: it treats mentions as PMs, and not only it reaches your mail inbox as such (making it look like someone really PMed you until you open the mail), my main issue with it is how the mention stays as a PM in your inbox, never expiring, ever, cluttering it to fuck if you get mentioned a lot at any given point in time.
:barf:
Agreed. I keep thinking I have PM's and its just a stupid mention lol
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB