Trying UE4.25.1 ,,,,,,Again

Discussions about everything else
Red_Fist
Godlike

Trying UE4.25.1 ,,,,,,Again

Post by Red_Fist »

Takes like 3 days to install this stuff,it's 32 gig, after it's 35 gig, for the "Editor" and you run it it says version 4.15

Version 4.25 ? I thought that is what I downloaded, but it was version 4.15. Nest day went back to the interface Epic "game launcher"

In there it showed the new version, another 11 gig , then after all that you run the editor, still says ver 4.15 old one.
So they way it works is they have ANOTHER ICON that says "Unreal Engine" and that is the new editor version.

Now I get a dxgi.dll complaint crash, if I just close the windows crash window, it loads but with 3 other boxes complaining other dll's or something.

But yet I just click the old win32 looking boxes , cancel through those complaints and the editor loads and works fine, I am using directX 11.

So right now I can run each version, so I wonder what the story is, the new version with a different name "Unreal Engine"
If I load the old 4.15 it still finds my saves from the newer one.

I think you need a larger monitor, and it's more cumbersome to use than the UT Ed.
I am just trying an all BSP map, at first, the grid goes by Tens, not power of 2.
It's more handy in some ways and less in others IF I want to build a map in the older BSP style.
I think now days they just place stuff, and have the others do the programing, type of thing. So the editor is more of an assembly line program than making a brush map.

They have a brush editor, I need to see what it's like. I am making a building that you walk outside and li looks like it will be all add brushes. I was thinking about putting some subtracts for cracks in the floor with lava or water.

The grid background is black, still trying to make it light like in UT.
Binary Space Partitioning
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Re: Trying UE4.25.1 ,,,,,,Again

Post by Terraniux »

Mind sharing the engine? I think me and other want to have a touch as well ;)
This member can only post when permitted.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: Trying UE4.25.1 ,,,,,,Again

Post by Red_Fist »

Uninstalled, launcher, and deleted 92 gig

The problem with the whole thing is they don't let you access resources only on account of what kind of game you select.

It's a mess, what they need to do to get people to learn the thing is a stripped down version and also has nothing to do with being online.

I wanted to see if I could use it for T3d files, but there is no import and I am not going to try 3rd party DLL's and mods,
Then they trap everything in a project file, like you can save maps in the project file, so you can't open a map because they force all that "cooked" BS which means everything is in a project file and the file sizes are unreasonable for what I made, friggen huge for a 5 brush map.

Sorry Epic.
Binary Space Partitioning