My departure from the community

Discussions about everything else
Koolflux
Experienced

My departure from the community

Post by Koolflux »

It was fun for me while it lasted, but I feel it's my time to go.

Many of you may be wondering why I have stopped being active on here like I used to be. Why I have stopped creating content for the community. Well, the time has come for me to reveal why. The reason why I am not as active on here as I used to be is because, over time, I have started to become bored with UT. For much of my time as a member of this community, I was mostly a mapper, and never played the game online. But now I have pretty much quit playing UT altogether because, again, I got bored with it. Another reason is because I have a personal desire to focus on other things in life, like hobbies of mine and whatnot. This was not a choice I wanted to make, but I didn't feel like I had any other choice. To quote a certain Avengers supervillain, the hardest choices require the strongest wills.

In short, I am done with UT for good. There will never be another contribution to the UT community from me. I may come back occasionally to visit, but that's about it. I apologize if I let anybody down with my decision to leave.
"I am the Alpha and the Omega." ~Xan Kriegor
TexasGtar
Adept

Re: My departure from the community

Post by TexasGtar »

You have to do you. Don't feel bad about anything. I wish you great success in your other endeavors.
Life is short. Enjoy it while you have it. I'm sure the community will support you and your decision.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Koolflux wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:42 pmI am done with UT for good.
I keep seeing people say this, who disappear for awhile, but eventually come back.

Several times, if you count JackGriffin.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Koolflux
Experienced

Post by Koolflux »

EvilGrins wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:35 am
Koolflux wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:42 pmI am done with UT for good.
I keep seeing people say this, who disappear for awhile, but eventually come back.
Idk this for sure, but with some of those people, I think they could just be having some trouble deciding whether they're actually done for good or if they want to come back to it.

But as I said in my initial post, it was fun, but it's my time to go. I've deleted UT from my computer, as well as all the content I had made for it and all the unfinished maps I had made that were in my Maps folder. Essentially, I have wiped UT from my computer as well as any evidence it was there. If there's a way to change my account status to show that I have retired, then that's what I wanna do. Putting "retired" as my personal rank might be good enough, though.
TexasGtar wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:06 am You have to do you. Don't feel bad about anything. I wish you great success in your other endeavors.
Life is short. Enjoy it while you have it. I'm sure the community will support you and your decision.
Thanks for your support. I hope for success in my other endeavors as well. I know, however, that there will be certain users on this site who will be sad to see me go. And I will miss them.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Best of luck to ya, hope to see you pop in again from time to time.
Want a cool purple colour on your username now? It's for retired members.
Koolflux
Experienced

Post by Koolflux »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:02 am Best of luck to ya, hope to see you pop in again from time to time.
Thanks. I know there will be people who will miss me, and I will miss them too. It was fun being part of this community.
UnrealGGecko wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:02 am Want a cool purple colour on your username now? It's for retired members.
Yes. That would be cool.
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

Father time is undefeated and will come for us all!
Have a good life outside the scene dude!
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I don't understand the drama-announcement thing, but so many things interfere with the time to do something UT or play any games. Plus it seems that I can't find any new game that excites me these days. It's all fluff and graphics, I want non politically correct awesome stuff, or "violence" yeeehaw.

Well do whatever you will do a good job at it. :rock: (plus you will always remember UT-Unreal game) :D
Binary Space Partitioning
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

i'm j/k never seen you before today tbh, but good luck in life!
Attachments
this-isnt-an-3bc2c58f23.jpg
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Koolflux I hope this isn't your last, would love to see some input from you for helping out v469 unreal editor if you can from time to time.

Best wishes! Hope everything come together for you and come back when you have additional time! :)

I need to hang out with mappers and see what kind of crazy tricks being pulled off. Like, show me how you do it on youtube. It's really cool.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Koolflux
Experienced

Post by Koolflux »

Okay, I know I said I was done for good, but I've changed my mind, so screw it, I'm coming back.

And in response to your post, Chamberly, I do wanna see what I can do in terms of helping out with v469 sometime.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Ok you are back to normal.

And to make things clear, I was against it to turn you into a retired member because in my understanding is this rank for people who served the community for a very long time and left the community out of different reasons.

=CLOSED=