Self Made Guitar Riff

Discussions about everything else
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman
Personal rank: BANANAS

Self Made Guitar Riff

Post by --=PsyXandeR=-- »

Yeah, my first Metalcore one that sounds ... nice-ish. I tried to replicate BFMV style at the same time as well. Comments and feedback woud be greatly appreciated :mrgreen:
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Jetlag
Average
Personal rank: Core Raider

Re: Self Made Guitar Riff

Post by Jetlag »

That sounded great. You gonna try to write some lyrics with that? It does kinda sound like bfmv style. Keep us informed if you gonna finish it man.
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Post by Myth »

Sounds very nice. However the recording quality was rather low. Get a better mic/soundcard or something...
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Post by editor Dave »

That's a cool riff and a nice start in composing music :gj: Get a drummer and a bass player, and start with your new band 8)
10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman

Thanks everyone for liking this! :mrgreen:
Jetlag wrote: You gonna try to write some lyrics with that? ... Keep us informed if you gonna finish it man.
Well, I suck at writing lyrics, I cannot even pick out the general topic at the moment. Although I sometimes write " dark " lyrics, you know, all that Connibal Corpse - like stuff -- dead bodies, necrophilia, mass executinon, torture etc... which clearly doesn't fit into this riff. As for finishing it, I need to come up with guitar solo and rewrite the part where Verse and Chorus connects.
Myth wrote: However the recording quality was rather low. Get a better mic/soundcard or something...
Yeah I know about that, my built-in microphone is rather crappy. At least you still can hear actual music, lol. :)
editor Dave wrote: Get a drummer and a bass player, and start with your new band 8)
Heh been thinking about that but ... nope. :tongue: Moreover, there's no one at my school who plays guitar - yeah apparently they like classic music hence some of them play piano. :omfg: The only person who can play guit nicely is American fella but he has his own band already... http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =136194614 ... for those who are intersted :tongue:

Thanks again everyone! :)
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Great alex :tu: i really love it :D but you know i already did, what i've told you on msn
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
BadGirlTex
Experienced
Personal rank: BadGirl To The Bone

Post by BadGirlTex »

I loves it!! I do.

If you need lyrics, I write them a lot so if you want to have a look, contact me :shock:
<The End Is Near, Because Texie Is Here!> Or something like that <.<

They pwn. They really do. Want one too? Pm me ;D
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman

BadGirlTex wrote:I loves it!! I do.

If you need lyrics, I write them a lot so if you want to have a look, contact me :shock:
Thanks :mrgreen: But I think that there's no need for lyrics so far... Depends how this will turn out later.
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Tell me what you think.
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Post by editor Dave »

Hey, your riff is cool again :rock: But if you want to compose music with E-Guitar in your Perihelion, you should use additional "space" sounds from a keyboard. You need something, that distracts you from the metalcore. And I think, the intro needs a smoother effect 8)
10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman

I totally agree! This one is just rough version of what it is going to sound like. My amp unfortunately doesn't have any pre-programmed effects so that's why it sounds like this. I will be getting USB recording cable - thingy that allows me to plug electric guitar right into computer. It comes with lots of cool software and stuff, so yeah, there you go, hopefully it will sound much better when actually play around with it. Thanks for feedback! :mrgreen:
Acoustiks
Novice

Post by Acoustiks »

Not to rain on the parade. The riff is alright, but it sounds like every other metalcore riff ever made. If you plan on recording, try Pro Tools. A lot of live musicians use that program for recording and stuff. You can also try Amplitube 2 and Guitar Rig 3 for additional effects. They both come with built in amplifiers that are terrific sounding, along with tons of pedals, etc.
Slave
Experienced

Post by Slave »

Nice. :tu:

Would be a good theme for a map.
Aces Clan - Unreal Tournament Clan Forums
http://www.portalaces.com/clan/
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman

Thanks for your input guys! ( and sorry for late reply )

@Acoustiks : Well the problem is that any music composed in specific genre will sound the same and some point. For example, trance - I have bunch of trance tracks on my PC and most of them sound identical - same effects, similar tunes etc. Same situation with metalcore - at the time it was quite new genre with lots of new cool ideas but now it is just sounds all the same. I think that , however, no matter how old / identical music in this genre is, person will still enjoy it.
Acoustiks
Novice

Post by Acoustiks »

--=Aalexanderrr=-- wrote:Thanks for your input guys! ( and sorry for late reply )

@Acoustiks : Well the problem is that any music composed in specific genre will sound the same and some point. For example, trance - I have bunch of trance tracks on my PC and most of them sound identical - same effects, similar tunes etc. Same situation with metalcore - at the time it was quite new genre with lots of new cool ideas but now it is just sounds all the same. I think that , however, no matter how old / identical music in this genre is, person will still enjoy it.
The only reason all Trance is sounding the same is because labels are only signing what is selling. All of the little guys aren't getting anywhere. Around '99 is when Trance died. There is some original material coming out. Plus, the problem is people are trying to fit a format. I produce electronic music and play live instruments. I know the formats.

I'm not trying to bash you here. But if you get two pages of how great it is, you'll never be unique. Learn the format, then break it. Breaking musical expectations can blow minds. Same thing with games. You expect a Skaarj to come around that corner, but he is not there. You expect there to be a bridge with a diminished scale, but instead the music becomes soft. It's not limited to song structure, it can be timbre, key (transpose), scale, scaling up instead of down, etc.

Our brains find pleasure out of breaking expectations. :tu: