Duke Nukem Whatever

Discussions about everything else
synaesthetic
Average
Personal rank: Where am I?

Duke Nukem Whatever

Post by synaesthetic »

I hear Duke 4Ever is supposed to be out in mid March.

Unreal 3 engine makes this nice and shiny, but I have to wonder if any aspect of the game play other than the engine has been updated since this game's inception some 12 years ago. Take a look at that link; linear story line (I assume), and a boss fight that follows a fixed pattern of behavior. I think this might be an epic (yeah pun) waste of a game 12 years in the making.
>@tack!<
Adept
Personal rank: lol?

Re: Duke Nukem Whatever

Post by >@tack!< »

woot the dutch GameKings
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Well I think ..............................................................................*harrumph*...WHO CARES IT'S THE MOTHERFUDGING DUKE!!!

EDIT--------------------------
look here too: http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2901
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Post by Saya-chan »

papercoffee wrote:Well I think ..............................................................................*harrumph*...WHO CARES IT'S THE MOTHERFUDGING DUKE!!!1
What he said
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~
Sergeant Todd
Adept
Personal rank: Retired Jedi

Post by Sergeant Todd »

synaesthetic wrote:I hear Duke 4Ever is supposed to be out in mid March.

Unreal 3 engine makes this nice and shiny, but I have to wonder if any aspect of the game play other than the engine has been updated since this game's inception some 12 years ago. Take a look at that link; linear story line (I assume), and a boss fight that follows a fixed pattern of behavior. I think this might be an epic (yeah pun) waste of a game 12 years in the making.
Seriously? March? It's been Duke Nukem Never....Forever! I'll believe it when I C it!
Don't get me wrong...I love the Duke :D
Sergeant Todd
---------------

"I miss Olmos & BG, as a matter of frak'd!"
synaesthetic
Average

Post by synaesthetic »

Yeah it is THE Duke. Duke 3d was freakin awesome in it's day. I'm just afraid that 4E will be based on the same concepts and standards of gameplay of the day, just on a current game engine. Maybe I've spent far too much time playing Fallout lately, but a linear FPS had it's last hoorah with Doom 3 for me. I'll certainly check this one out, if and when it does come out. I wish there were some more attention to Shadow Warrior though.... "Do you want to wash Wang, or watch Wang wash Wang?" One liners are better in broken English. Freakin sad 3DRealms still wants $10 a copy for the classics that will run on next to nothing these days. The average Joe doesn't know what DOSBox is.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

The Average Joe doesn't know what Duke 3D is ...The Average Joe think it is a App for the iPad.
DOSbox is known by all gamers who know how to play a game!!
...not standing and swinging a white controller into your plasma TV or tapping your Phone to shoot with wingless birds on legless pigs.
Sorry I have a grudge against this casual games.
Lee_Stricklin
Adept

Post by Lee_Stricklin »

Actually, Duke Nukem Forever is NOT using the Unreal Engine 3, but a HEAVILY modified Unreal Engine 2.5. Also (I think it's already been posted on here) also there is a Gearbox approved free remake in the works by a group of fans working with the UDK.
synaesthetic
Average

Post by synaesthetic »

LOL coffee....I forget the forum I'm reading sometimes. Casual games are for "Average Joes" was my point. I'll attest to that buddy. I have to wonder if fans of shitty java games are also easily amused by balls of string and shiny things. I'm almost ashamed to call some people my friends based on how much time they spend playing farmville alone. For the love of God....go outside dammit.