My account

Discussions about everything else
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

My account

Post by JackGriffin »

Guys I have really enjoyed posting and commenting here but it may be best if you delete/vacate my account. Several of the admins here post onto my boards and it puts them in the precarious position of having to deal with Hermskii here. He's walked all over the rules but if you ban him it appears you are defending me and not addressing his transgressions. I don't think he has any plans to stop and that's sad but I'm not surprised. I saw just now he's bringing others in from his forum to post and back him up. There is no reason this turns into forum vs. forum.

I'm not angry at all and am still fully committed to Food Fight and running the UT99 server. Neither will be going away but my working so closely with you all may give the impression of favoritism and I can all but assure you that will be plastered everywhere if you ban or discipline him. You have my apologies that this has happened but I hope that my absence will return things to normal. This is a great site and it deserves better than being the fifth wheel on a grudge-truck.

If anyone needs anything tested just let the admins know and I'll get it right on the server. Any game questions can go to my email directly or post into my forum. There is a section you can post into without an account there if you have a problem and need some help. Nothing else changes: all rights, accounts, and projects currently going on at my place will roll on. You guys will be shooting each other with flying toast before you know it. :thuup:
So long, and thanks for all the fish
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: My account

Post by EvilGrins »

Thought.

Don't delete.

Take a vacation. In time all things blow over.

Drama is the eternal truth of the species, which is why I've converted to Skaarj. No drama there.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Before that, check this: http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3347

No one will delete your account yet, however if within a week you still want your account deleted, PM me and I will do it. Not convincing you to stay, just giving you time to cool down so you can take whatever decision you want more clearlly.
>@tack!<
Adept
Personal rank: lol?

Post by >@tack!< »

Just forget about Hermskii. His huge posts on his forums and the way he says something clearly indicates he needs attention. Problems are solved easily if analyzing it with care. The fight between you 2 is caused by ( at least his i dont know how its with you ) Hermskii's need for attention. So dont feed him, ignore him. He will try to lure you anyway, but if you dont react to that and just stay ontopic, he will either leave it or snap and be dealt by the admins here (which i must say do their jobs well).

ofcourse ignoring is not the solution of all things, but this is a virtual forum and i think everyone knows what i mean with that.
So delete your account if you want, but i wouldn't have done it if this 'forumwar' is the cause.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

I can't reassure you guys enough that I am not angry at all. Look, UT99 is positioned to become the de-facto forum for Unreal Tournament. UA is so unstable now that only a handful of people are actively posting into it. This board however is getting new members often and they post good, solid questions and work for everyone to debate. That coupled with the intense interest in NW3 and it's 100% uptime aligns UT99 to overtake the rest of the field. Even BU is currently struggling with who they want to be, yet here is the same as it has always been: for the love of UT.

Having someone new come in and look at the latest posts and see a doused and smoldering flame war only hurts the perception of this place. It's not going to stop and likely it will get worse, forcing the admins to intervene. I have the deepest admiration and respect for Ferali, he is one of the finest people I've met online. Papercoffee is too, he made fantastic logo work for me of professional quality just because I asked. You don't find people like that every day and UT99 is so much richer for it. If there is trouble and it's following me then it's up to me to deal with it and not have it dumped on the staff here to fix. No matter the situation if Herm is disciplined it will be posted that it was because of favoritism, even if both of us receive the same judgement. Ut99 doesn't need this, it's unfair to you all.

Go ahead and delete my account. It changes nothing about how I feel for anyone here, it's simply a quick solution to the problem you currently face and it allows the board to get back to business as usual.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
>@tack!<
Adept

Post by >@tack!< »

still, it doesn't feel right....
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

>@tack!< wrote:still, it doesn't feel right....
Agreed with @tack
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

A second time, again? Yearh right... come on, thats ridiculous postal. :confused2:
So far I dont even know what happened but I know what happened the last time, you returned to the ut community with this new account of yours here. Just no. Just calm down, keep distance to this forum /certain persons for a while. And now!! I read what happened. Everytime I am gone for a while something has to happen, however if I am here, the forum mostly quiet. :ironic2:

In fact you might have an important job to do very soon, you might like it. :tongue:

Since I have missed the trouble here its hard to deal with it now after its mostly happened.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Post by Metalfist »

This doesn't even make sense, delete your account to prevent flamewars is definitly not the solution. I mean you have control over yourself don't you? If you're smart then you can just ignore/don't go further in discussion, you don't HAVE TO reply.. it only creates drama and the mods will just do their job.
>@tack!<
Adept

Post by >@tack!< »

Metalfist wrote:This doesn't even make sense, delete your account to prevent flamewars is definitly not the solution. I mean you have control over yourself don't you? If you're smart then you can just ignore/don't go further in discussion, you don't HAVE TO reply.. it only creates drama and the mods will just do their job.
exactly
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

>@tack!< wrote:
Metalfist wrote:This doesn't even make sense, delete your account to prevent flamewars is definitly not the solution. I mean you have control over yourself don't you? If you're smart then you can just ignore/don't go further in discussion, you don't HAVE TO reply.. it only creates drama and the mods will just do their job.
exactly
I agree with these two folks :agree1:
Just simply follow the rules and do not flame anymore. :tu:
And, if anybody flames you, just ignore it and let the admins take care of it. :rock:
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777