[UDK] Critical Point - Incursion

Discussions about everything else
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: [UDK] Critical Point - Incursion

Post by Feralidragon »

Just checked about the "how we differ from the competition part". It's nice that you want to have something different, that's the way to go, but... what do you guys mean by "no aim penalties" ?
I mean, spread or higher recoil are aim penalties (some games of the exact same kind use one or the other, sometimes both), and they become higher penalties the longer you are holding the trigger (mouse button) or/and the more you move, and when you jump, etc. So do you mean you don't have any of these (which would make certain weapons op as they would become actual laser beams, like a SMG for example, even if its range is short and the bullet drops off sooner), or are you talking about other kind of aim penalties outside these ones?
Is just I cannot see this to be a game that values skill if you remove certain aiming penalties.
Sickmind
Novice

Post by Sickmind »

Critical Point: Incursion being developed by DominatingStudios has just been Greenlit!

Yes, we made it! Check out our game (still in progress) over on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92955708

This is just the first part of our journey after many years of development. There is a lot more blood sweat and tears ahead, but this is a great achievement and milestone.

We want to thank every fan and dev member (past and present) that has backed us and continued to support CPi over the last 5 years or so. This game will be released and we hope that being greenlit shows intent from the bigger community and validates your belief in us.

Keep on supporting. Keep on liking and share our great news!

This is a big thank you to every one of you - you are awesome and without your support this would not have been possible. Beta release planned in Q2 or Q3 2014 but subject to change depending on steams requirements and approval process. We will keep you all in the loop.

Other Developments:

In the last months we were very busy working on ironing out several code issues, preventing our alpha testing from continuing. Here are our update changes:

fixed several major crashes (blockers) due to open connections and timing out on our main menu

implemented fully working in game multiplayer browser, complete with steam server support

implemented fully working settings menu for updating all client side options [audio, graphics, input controls etc..] which is using the DLLbind for overwriting saved entries

implemented keybinding menu, adding ability to assign binds to more than 1 key

implemented crosshair preview, sliders to change RGB values and style

new feature: knives and hatchets are now throwable! you can buy 7 of them

new feature: when being shot the HUD shows "hit indictators" - this is client side optional and can be turned on and off

fixed body armour icon not showing in an online game

fixed objective icons displaying incorrectly in game (state changing too quickly)

new SCAR-H animations done

changed how the game calculations damage done and what to do when someone leaves. Players can reconnect during a live game when no damage has been done by any player, and they are able to rejoin as an alive player.

fixed several spectator issues showing artifacts and weird replication problems

fixed dead bodies being replicated incorrectly, sometimes showing into new rounds when relevant
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

LOL, it's nice to see you guys doing great, but it would be more human from you if you actually answered at least the question I made rather than just come here and advertise your product, it's starting to be annoying.
Unless that account became a bot already...
Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñìght.:
Average
Personal rank: Nameless Dragon

Post by Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñìght.: »

I think this is a bot because I've seen this same exact thing happen on OldUnreal...
“I am a dragon without a name...”
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Yes, probably. I will let it until he makes another post, if it ends up being plain advertising and doesn't answer any question at all, I will ban his account from here as a bot.