New monsters

Discussions about everything else
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: New monsters

Post by EvilGrins »

Remember this?

A decent enough, powerful, monster but it was totally broken for online play. Its projectiles froze in the air, visibly... making it impossible to tell where it was shooting, though offline it worked just fine.

mars007 fixed it recently, specifically for online play. Added some animations, updated its sounds, and it's much better.
Attachments
U97Dragon.rar
(1020.25 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Post by nogardilaref »

They look a bit anorexic though... as if they didn't eat for days...
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

nogardilaref wrote:They look a bit anorexic though... as if they didn't eat for days...
Well, if you feel bad about it... don't shoot them and they can fatten themselves up on you.
:loool:
That's an old pic of the original monster, the update looks just a tiny bit different.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

I think the projectile has been changed as well?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Yeah, Mars007 is a dude which do cares about quality of stuff, he was working a lot for all sort of MH retarded works released to mock On-Line games doing replacements and/or fixing them directly.
Else original UxxzzDragon is subject for another topic not titled "New Monsters" but matching title "UT Trashes" aka "Modding Edges" letting mappers to know what is about.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote:I think the projectile has been changed as well?
Standard gasbag fireball, just fires multiples of them once.
sektor2111 wrote:Else original UxxzzDragon is subject for another topic not titled "New Monsters" but matching title "UT Trashes" aka "Modding Edges" letting mappers to know what is about.
There's a couple monsters I posted to this thread that weren't exactly new, but at the very least they were new to those who hadn't seen them before.
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Post by nogardilaref »

EvilGrins wrote:
nogardilaref wrote:They look a bit anorexic though... as if they didn't eat for days...
Well, if you feel bad about it... don't shoot them and they can fatten themselves up on you.
:loool:
That's an old pic of the original monster, the update looks just a tiny bit different.
They don't seem to have the strength to even do it... compared to the rest of the Unreal monsters they don't look that great to be honest.
They would still be a nice addition to an Invasion-like gametype for giggles, but I would never use them to do something more atmospheric since they're too blocky and disproportional, they look like someone is inside "wearing" them.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Look so cute and nice.
Binary Space Partitioning
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Simple fix: pump the fatness a bit. I'd guess someone messed this up along the way and it was never fixed back. The model is visually anemic but that's simple to remedy. I'd be curious if the model import code is correct and the script for the monsters resets the fatness. EG can you email me the monster? Send me multiple copies if you have them, I'd like to look at old versus new. I'm curious if I'm right, I've seen this before in a couple of the monsters. For some reason the original model maker and the scripter didn't agree to a default.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

JackGriffin wrote:EG can you email me the monster? Send me multiple copies if you have them, I'd like to look at old versus new.
I'll setup for email in a bit, but other than the above, these are the other 2 · http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/105891.html

Original version and the one developed by one of our members here at that link.
Red_Fist wrote:Look so cute and nice.
Please don't cuddle the dragons.
nogardilaref wrote:They don't seem to have the strength to even do it...
Hey, if it were sufficient challenge I'd fight killer smiley faces in MH.

If you doubt their strength, here's the original edit I did with the previous version · http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/68005.html

They don't play well online, but for practices matches on your system they'll do fine.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Interestingly the DrawScale for the U97Dragon is 5.000000 (compared to 2.000000 for the PSXDragons). I increased the Fatness to around 170 from 128 and increased the LODBias to 1.5. This is the result
Shot0046.jpg
Presumably other adjustments need to be made to the default settings to prevent the gaps in the skin texture?

For anyone interested this is in DM-UTR-Kamah.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

I've seen adjustments to fatness in meshes do this with projectiles before. I would say only increase the collision size and drawscale.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} wrote:I've seen adjustments to fatness in meshes do this with projectiles before. I would say only increase the collision size and drawscale.
Thanks for the suggestion - tried it but I see that if I alter the drawscale, collision and LODBias values, they revert to the defaults (not the fatness though) after I save the u file.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

OjitroC wrote:
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} wrote:I've seen adjustments to fatness in meshes do this with projectiles before. I would say only increase the collision size and drawscale.
Thanks for the suggestion - tried it but I see that if I alter the drawscale, collision and LODBias values, they revert to the defaults (not the fatness though) after I save the u file.
PM me the .u package.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} wrote: PM me the .u package.
Sent just now :tu: