New monsters

Discussions about everything else
Barbie
Godlike

Re: New monsters

Post by Barbie »

From what I saw in the code they cannot damage each other if the game type is not a team game:

Code: Select all

if (InstigatedBy.IsA( 'UMSSpacemarine' ) && ! Level.Game.bTeamGame )
	Damage=0;
Examples for team games are MonsterHunt, Assault, CTFGame, Domination. There they take damage also from other UMSSpaceMarines.
DeathMatchPlus is not a team game.

Also they are not affected by exploding UMSSpaceMarines:

if(Damagetype=='Marineexplo')
	return;
EvilGrins wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:46 pmIt doesn't matter what weapons they're carrying, each UMS Space Marine is completely invulnerable to shots from redeemers and instagibs.
Do you have a test map for this?

OjitroC wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:57 pmdamagetype 'Spacewalk'
The code suggests that this damage type appears in Zones. Because the UMSSpaceMarine-Mod does not contain any ZoneInfo, that damage type must be from another mod.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Barbie wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:11 pm
OjitroC wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:57 pmdamagetype 'Spacewalk'
The code suggests that this damage type appears in Zones. Because the UMSSpaceMarine-Mod does not contain any ZoneInfo, that damage type must be from another mod.
I see, thanks - I've had a closer look at the lengthy readme for the UMSSpaceMarines and it says

By default, spacemarines and the suits are protected against Damagetype 'SpaceWalk'

If you'd like to add marines or suits to a map where its an "Outer Space" design the maps Zoneibfo "should" be set to DamageType=SpaceWalk and bPainzone set to true.
The suits and the marines are protected from this in the script.
EvilGrins wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:14 pm Wasn't sure where they would teleport to ...
Looks like they just teleport off the map - basically disappear - the readme says

bTeleportWhenHurt will make it seem as the marine teleports out of the level just in time, 
thought it might be handy for a storyline where you have and arch enemy that perhaps cant be killed until later that makes a few appearances thro various levels.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

You monster!
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:27 pmYou monster!
Barbie wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:11 pmDo you have a test map for this?
Basically, but I'm still tinkering with it.

Okay, I made a quickie new edit.
Attachments
DM-UMSF-JinxDeathOutdoors.zip
(15.57 MiB) Downloaded 13 times
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Hmm, you could really have left out the 15 MiB music...
I cannot see any problem with the SpaceMarines: because the game type is DM, they cannot hurt each other as I wrote above. A Player or Bot can kill them regardless of game type.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Barbie wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:22 amHmm, you could really have left out the 15 MiB music...
In hindsight, blank.umx probably would've been better.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Because the each-other-damage of the Spacemarins does not make so much sense as it is, maybe the coder mixed up the NOT statement: in Deathmatches there should be a each-other-damage, but in team games not.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Barbie wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:21 pm Because the each-other-damage of the Spacemarins does not make so much sense as it is, maybe the coder mixed up the NOT statement: in Deathmatches there should be a each-other-damage, but in team games not.
I'm not sure that the author envisaged that the scripted pawns (UMSSpacemarines) would be used in DM, rather that the marine suits would be (by players ad bots). I think (from reading through the readme) that the scriptedpawns were intended for use in SP maps and also MH and that the marine suits were intended for other team games (CTF, etc) and for DM. Of course, this doesn't negate your comment but it would have probably been best if the UMSSpacemarines took damage from each other in all gametypes.
KAZY
Novice

Post by KAZY »

EvilAslye: https://bit.ly/367D23N

Image Image

Edit: Fixed files.
Last edited by KAZY on Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

That looks familiar...
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

ASLY wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:51 pm EvilAslye: https://bit.ly/3hXhaKI

Image Image
Yes, that is pretty evil :tu:

Perhaps you should mention, just in case people don't realise, that SevenB.u is required for it to work (I expect most people will have that but possibly some won't) plus SoldierASLYE702.utx (which people possibly won't have).
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

New design of the Krall, created for the Unreal Resurgence project by AlCapowned... plus other stuff.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:03 pm New design of the Krall, created for the Unreal Resurgence project by AlCapowned... plus other stuff.
Is that from the 2016 Alpha or is there a later release?
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:03 amIs that from the 2016 Alpha or is there a later release?
That is from this past weekend. It's new.

Here · https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php? ... 150#p77285
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Back when Gauntlet first came out I asked a lot of questions about it, but I never actually played. To this day I still haven't but I have been finally playing against the monsters in it.

Took the MH map GardenOfDeath, outfitted it with vehicles from FeraliDragon's Xvehicles, and have been playing against them a couple week now...

...I may share this at some point, still juggling what monsters to which Creature Factories, but because of the vehicles on it there won't be any online play options; they don't work online.

Here's where I got Gauntlet from · viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3496