Permission To Use Files

Discussions about everything else
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Re: Permission To Use Files

Post by editor Dave »

Even better than his post is papercoffee's reply to that :ironic:

But seriously...when you make a map you will use maybe 10 different files that don't belong to you or Epic. It shouldn't take too long to find out who made the stuff. And if you have no clue, there are still forums where you can ask if anyone knows the creator.
However, I avoid using user-generated content. If it becomes inevitable, I search on the web, not on my PC because then it is very likely that you find the author as well.
10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

editor Dave wrote: However, I avoid using user-generated content. If it becomes inevitable, I search on the web, not on my PC because then it is very likely that you find the author as well.
Same here. Unless it is exactly intended to get used by other modders like Hourences texture packages.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
cK1
Novice

Post by cK1 »

Creavion wrote: I really wonder who is behind that account.
It's ()mG.cK and here is my profile on our Board: http://www.stronger-monsterhunt.net/Boa ... r&userID=3

I was about to give my opinion on this matter, but I read all posts and this is kind of an endless discussion. Everyone has their own opinion and nothing will change it. So... like the Bot says: "Useless"

cK
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

I can`t check your link anyway, asks me to log in. I dont`t care about that one.
cK1 wrote:veryone has their own opinion and nothing will change it. So... like the Bot says: "Useless"
I say it again: People who literally fuck on giving credits (after they get told to remember about that) by simply taking other modders work without to state the source and author are simply primitive bastards. Some people did it wrong unwittingly the first time(s), but if they continue with that, they are nothing as primitive bastards. This is cheeky, disrespectful and unprincipled. Even some people (around here) who are/were a litle bit wrong-headed (at the beginning) understood this! People who ignore this knowingly are not welcome on this forum! They won`t be able make a lot of friends around here. This is quite provocative and won`t get tolerated.
But with one thing you are mostly right: People who still don`t get that, are stupid and will remain so until the end of their life.
About to be non-active
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

2 things:
- People in the community do care about permissions and whatnot. Best example: Kaal, he was a thief and got banned in many communities, being this one them.
- Like Creavion said, some "kids" start doing stuff without giving credits, but not on purpose, and from there they generally start to giving them and asking permissions, and the ones who don't get very quickly rejected by most of the community and rejected by the majority of the developers.
My first mod was a piece of crap (lol), and I made it using resources from another mod, however I credited the original author right away.

Also, the sole reason "open source" software survived is because licenses exist and are enforced and respected. I would dare to say that 90% of the open source developers wouldn't develop free stuff if the copyrights weren't respected. In UT generally the enforcing of "licenses" is done by the community itself, so it's a very bad idea disrespecting a developer's wishes relative his work by not asking or/and not crediting, and with free powerful tools like UDK and other SDKs which allow you to have partial or full legal copyrights it's definitely not a good idea to piss these developers off, otherwise UT will definitely die, mark my words.
Pizzi
Novice
Personal rank: Child of the Night

Post by Pizzi »

1. As I have all the work Modding a Map, I'm surely in the mood to Register in umpteen Boards on top of that, just to find every single guy who made the one or other File for UT partially years ago (besides most of them are no more active anymore).

2. I also created a lot things for UT and I NEVER prompt anybody to give a Credit to my Work as it is used in another Map. This is a Community and unfortunately it is a decreasing Community! I don't know what you always have with your Credits, there are only a handful of Players left in UT (measured to other, newer, Games), so what's the Problem? Is it really that hard for you to be a Team Player?

3. I give Credits in my Maps to all Mappers / Modders who active helped me with something, doesn't matter how big or small this help is, that's all. Passive things, that are not specially made for me, will not be credited in one of my modded Maps. It was like this, it is like this and it will ever be like this.

4. Think about me whatever you like to, I do my Job and I spend a lot of Time and Work to Mod nice Maps for all Players and I will continue doing that in my way. It is my personal Time that I spend, so it is my personal decision how I will do things. If you like to give a bunch of Credits in every Single Map, have fun, that's your personal way and I will not distract you from that.
Besides, you all speak such big words, but I never have seen at least one Map Created or Modded by anyone of you...
Except Feralidragon, he works really hard to keep UT alive and I'm in deep respect of his Work.

5. Just for you to know, I don't care about any Boards and Forums around UT. I'm a Player and a Modder that's my primary things for UT. If you like to Ban me here or anywhere else, I don't care about... I'm in private Contact with a lot good Guys from UT and I have my own Server where I can test my modded Maps and Play with everybody who likes to have fun, that's all I need to be happy.

6. @cK: I had deactivate the Profile view, the Shoutbox and almost everything else for Guests, cause of the Spamflood.
I'm sorry @ all but there was no other way to stop this crap :-(
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

1. But some of them are...
If you can not find the author of a certain file then you should clearly state in your readme you are NOT the author of the file (unknown author). Although this is a rather half shitty solution, see below.
But seriously, I am used to create a lot of stuff on my own or I rely on sources where the author can be backtracked. "Better safe than sorry".

2. This is your decision if you dont need/want it for your work. If other want it then you have to respect it. If you are game developer and release a indie game for free then don`t expect others to do the same.

3. Ok, well then you don`t do anything wrong in this matter.

4. I do as well.
Crediting is serious business: It should not be any different as writing an exam. Do you know what happened to Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg for example? Once again. Normally you should take either stock game content or at best you should create the content by yourself. For textures I suggest you cgtextures.com! Just crediting the site is AFAIK already enough and you don`t have to fear anything after that. If you take other modders content (which is not intended in the first place to get used) it is YOUR JOB to credit them, otherwise don`t use it. Once again: You can not know how difficult and time consuming something might have been for a modder. You reallly want to ignore that??? You dont really care about that???
Besides, you all speak such big words, but I never have seen at least one Map Created or Modded by anyone of you...
And now about my non-existing work:
http://www.ut99.org/utr/the-maps.html
DM-UTR-Kamah
DM-UTR-Nadaus
DM-UTR-Morbias4
DM-UTR-Ryigiar3
DM-UTR-Sacrimossa
DM-UTR-Compressed3
DM-UTR-ArcticDecay
The maps mostly make use of the unreal related games.
http://www.map-factory.org/unreal-tourn ... al-sp-1958
But hey, you are right. I have not done anything for this game. Not a litte bit. :thuup:
I just noticed myself I linked to my maps in my profile nearly all the time.. oh yearh!
On a serious note, I really suck! I really suck with self promotion. I don`t advert my work everywhere. Only because you don`t know about any of my work, it does not mean, it does not exist! But I think this is rather clear for you know, right?

5. I am not a moderator, I could not do anyway, besides there is no ban reason.
About to be non-active
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Post by editor Dave »

Pizzi wrote: 4. Think about me whatever you like to, I do my Job and I spend a lot of Time and Work to Mod nice Maps for all Players and I will continue doing that in my way. It is my personal Time that I spend, so it is my personal decision how I will do things.
Pizzi wrote: If you like to give a bunch of Credits in every Single Map, have fun, that's your personal way and I will not distract you from that.
However, it will be treated differently when you release your map publically. For your home interest and LANs and such no one cares about ripping anything. But when the whole world is involved, the whole world simply should know which work is yours and which is not. Think of an essay: When you forget one source in a foot note, it'll become implausible. You don't even have to ask for that.

On the other hand I believe we are speaking of different areas... You are mainly around on servers and we are mostly lurking forums. That could make our differences in our opinions.
Which also leads me to....
Pizzi wrote: Besides, you all speak such big words, but I never have seen at least one Map Created or Modded by anyone of you...
Except Feralidragon, he works really hard to keep UT alive and I'm in deep respect of his Work.
That's the problem. You said you are not visiting forums and we are some kind of forum-developers. If we haden't made maps we wouldn't speak so.

I'll list you everyone who replied to this topic in chronological order and what he has done (from what I know):
Rakiayn - He's working on a new gametype called Monstermatch
Creavion - He has been mapping for many years, he listed his releases on the previous post (and forgot his most recent one, DM-FeelNaPali). He initiated and leaded the ut99.org-Community map packs and is very well-known (at least on most important ut-related forums) for his awesome jungle-themed releases.Besides he is very active in these forums.
Feralidragon - Well, you know him yourself. Not only he's actively helping like no other on every ut-forum, he developed (or is still developing) three stunning weapon packs, the Nali Weapons. Also, he's working on a SP campaign including his weapons and a bunch of well-designed vehicles.
Metalfist - She's the admin of a popular server (UT-SLV) and developing Nuclear Races
EvilGrins - He has released some nice skins and is a very active poster which keeps this forum alive.
Dr.Flay - Here I must surrender... Please help me at this point.
mister_prophet - One of the most admired SP mappers. He was responsible for the Jones Trilogy: Xidia - 7Bullets - Residual Decay and is also working on Dead Cell.
FraGnBraG - Sorry, he has released too many maps to count them, I'll just link to his website. Great mapper and very helpful!
papercoffee - He has released two maps and is working on probably the most orginal idea for an UT mod: Food Fight. Also one of the top posters here.
editor Dave - I released two SP maps (Prisons of the Unforchers) and a CTF map (Dargrok) for the second ut99.org CMP. I also adopted the leading position after Myth's good bye for the ut99.org Community Map. Check this one out, papercoffe and Creavion made two rooms each as well. Currently I am polishing these two released SP maps and expanding them to a five map pack.

If I didn't know it myself, most of my information came from signatures. A simple research that will help others finding the desired information easier. And giving respect to the original author. That's what you do when you give credits. Think about it again.
10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

Great post, dave. Thanks for your support.
I am already prepared for the next round. I would be too surprised about a hindsight, but I would appreciate it off course, if actually also the "very last" one would finally understand this. At the end I don`t argue for myself only, or some good friends around here but rather for every honest modder in all communities for every game. This whole thing is simply not a matter of opinion, but rather a matter of "wrong" and "right".
About to be non-active
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Is it really that difficult to write a little readme file and put it in your release?
Really?
It's easy ...believe me.

If you know the guy, who made the stuff of the content you are using in your map ...write his/her name down.
or maybe build a little tribute room (accessible over the editor) ...but the readme file is here maybe the better choice.

If you don't know the creator ...write even this in your text file.

It doesn't hurt you and prevent further discussions in the future.
And it is lesser enervating then defending yourself with a wall of text.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

To those folks that say anyone can use their stuff and not need to credit them for it, fine. That's how you want it, more power to you.

Thing is, you don't know that the person you borrow from is onboard with that same idea. They may want you to credit them, and unless you go and check with them first you can't know. It safer to just credit them outright.

I borrowed some bases for the superhero skins I do from a guy named Chris Ollis. I started doing this 3 years before i knew who he was, he wasn't big on putting his contact info with his skins. When I finally got in contact with him and showed him what I'd done with his stuff, he was ecstatic. Not only was he thrilled his UT stuff was still in cirulation he loved what I'd done with it.

Now, he told me I didn't need to credit him for his stuff.

I do it anyway.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Well, last one and I am done with this topic: you don't want to give credits and use stuff at will even when the authors request you to? Fine, just keep in mind you will kill the game as the developers will just leave to SDKs or other games where this is respected to even the full extent of the law unlike UT.
I talk for myself here, but I think almost every developer thinks the same when I say that if someone stole or used some piece of hard work I did without me giving permission to do so (through a readme or other means) and nothing was done about it at community level, it would be enough reason for me to leave UT entirely and go do something else where copyright is fully respected.

Of course, UT would have died too if people didn't use each others assets to build new things, that's obvious and is a fact. But between using something from someone or do it from scratch, there's a middle term called "respect". Ask and it's likely you will get a positive response, don't and it's likely you will piss off the original developer, and the denominator between them is just making a simple question.

It doesn't really matter "why" the developer wants credits or being asked first if that's the case, it's his property nonetheless and his hard work made in his free time and which is provided for free to guys like you and me to enjoy, so if all you have to do is ask and give credits if you want to use to build something else, isn't that better than say... the developer requesting money for it? Of course in UT you can't do such thing thanks to the restrictions of its EULA, but nowadays micro-transactions based business models are growing exponentially and if such things aren't respected, those developers can stop doing free stuff and build paid assets or f2p games and you will never see them or be able to use their assets ever again. Then what are you going to do?

And btw, almost everyone who posted here defending the developers actually developed BIG AND COMPLEX things, stuff that go beyond developing a simple map, as editor Dave mentioned above.

Also note personally I am not a guy of requesting credits for every minor thing I did (and you can confirm this with anyone I helped or did stuff for), even my current mod is going to be free for ripping and editing as desired (except about 6 assets which aren't originally mine and which I asked permission for) but credits will be required in this one just so people know where it came from in the first place, however I always ask first if I can use something from someone and I give credits, ever since I did my very first mod.
And if an author doesn't give me permission for something, then I don't use that asset (although that never happened at least to me, I always got positive responses), it's that simple.

So as you see, no one is saying to not use the assets for your own stuff, just be polite and ask first like you would do in real life if you actually met these people and their work live.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Code: Select all

Now I've written that lot, I thought I'd be kind and give you a treat to listen to while you read while I sleep
TWOTW.rar
Audio stream playlist
(153.66 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
I have read both threads, and as earlier pointed out, this is nothing new. :nonono:
It is very old, and very tiring, so I am going to try something different and make it apparent why quoting your source will always help you.

We all understand that if you use files you got from your cache it can sometimes be difficult to trace them (it depends on how bothered/lazy you are).
Here is a thread I started on the subject of locating odd files, and what pack they are from, and therefore hopefully the author and full info.
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3709

:idea: Lets turn it upside-down.
It is absolutely in your best interest to try to find the original distro, as if the texture or model is so damn cool you have to use it, you can bet your grandmother, that the author has made even more cool stuff that you are missing-out on.

Here is an example where I insisted on tracking down the origins of the cool animals pack, that I mentioned in the link above (and got me so much more).
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3793
Everytime I got a step closer I updated my post.
I know have the full info, and all the rest of his packs, and even some of his maps.
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=12& ... =90#p41679
And starting from 1 file (Animal_PACK1.u) now I have all of these due to my quest for 1 authors name (William "Islington" Sherriff);
Domestic_Pack1, Industrial_Pack1, ModernPaint1, RangePack1, RomanPack1, Tree_PACK1, WSBottleCanPack1, WSPack1, and WSWestern_Pack1
http://web.archive.org/web/200502042028 ... Decos.html

Even though the distros were hard to trace, once I had a name.... GIMME A NAME MOTHERF@*%$?& !!!......... :oops: (sorry been a loong 2 days)
....all I need is a name, a start-point. the map name is useful, as it will come as a zip with everything in it, so you don't have to try and work-out what textures and meshes you have added/removed from your "modded" map.

BUT MOST USEFUL OF ALL IS THE AUTHOR'S NAME By now I am aware that the mapper known as "Spooger" is as useful a name to search for as William "Islington" Sherriff
Sites and projects often die (and often by the bucket-load), but authors carry their name with them, so even years after they may have even given-up UT.
But then you get die-hards who are still there.
I have spoken with Spooger and have his blessing to redistribute, what I have.

Still missing one Gallery map, my next clue was in the name of someone who made a remake (as you have been doing). This person is likely to have downloaded all the files at the time, so is the next logical step, and so on, but I already have more than I could have hoped for.
Finding Spooger's name on a few map conversions in the "TacOps: Assault on Terror Map Pack" like "Gallery (Spooger - converted by r@yden), and ReactorSector6 (Spooger - converted by eXpendabLe)" gave me more unique gamer tags to look for.
"r@yden" is very easy to find, as he is still active, and I've even found a couple more Spooger maps.

I indeed have had to join many sites on my searches for files over the past years, but that is a good thing, as I keep getting the chance to make new friends.
How can I complain at that :noidea

I got all that from 1 word, and dead sites, so forgive me if I cannot find much sympathy for someone, who self-admittedly ripped the items from the maps "MyLevel" section, and then Pizzi, it becomes clear in your posts that you are so familiar with "Thunderbolt's" work, that you assume that everyone will recognise his work, How :???:
The only way someone like me would know who made the textures and decos in a map, is if I got the distro with the readme, or read some info on a site.
Mappers do not always include the other authors info in the map config (as you have not), and there is no scrolling credits at the end of a map.

Imagine someone finds your remixed map, and decides they like it enough to edit it, but then have problems with some of the changes you have made to someone else's work. They are going to have to ask you for the fixes, rather than just use the original files
....That is assuming the files are in a distributable format :wth: which brings me finally to ask the class..

OK, class, why do we usually "MyLevel" brushes, guns, mutators and other data :???:
Oh ! a big show of hands there from everyone.
It seems most of us are familiar with "MyLevel-ing" items, to discourage casual re-use of custom work.
Authors like Spoog and Will (yeah, we're on first syllable terms now :highfive: ) allow exactly the sort of licence you require.
Fire and forget.
Some authors give total free-hand to do what you want, whereas others more commonly issue a "limited" licence.

Shhh! Serious-face on now... WAKE UP AT THE BACK !!! :confused2:
This is the age-old principal behind, the written and recorded word, music and imagery.
I myself use a limited "Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License" for all my work.
Read the bit in the middle. That is the important bit.
That is the bit where you simply credit me as the source, and continue with the same licence yourself.

I run a mashup label for DJs/Producers, and I have to be very careful with copyrights, of the producers, of the remixes/mashups even though mashups are free.
The only way mashups can legally exist is by treading a fine-line, between copying someone's work, and being an "artistic reinterpretation" which creates something new.
Thing is. No matter how far away from the original tunes/songs they sound, the authors always quote what it was made from.
If another DJ, wants to do another mix, it is easier for them to start with the same sources the last person had. This make it easier for the next DJ and the one after that, etc.
Imagine how bad a remix of a remix of a remix of a remix of a remix of a remix of a remix of a remix of a... would be, yet a good producer can take all the raw individual elements, of a massive amount of bands, and create something new and beautiful.
But without that original borrowed material there would be no building-blocks for the new work of art.

This is where the collective talents in this place, mirror the professional attitude of my friends in the music world.
In UT99 terms this place is the home of a "jamming-supergroup". Everyone here has something they are working on, or are working with each-other, as and when is useful, but everyone here tries to pay attention to the small details, and how they will work in harmony with others.
Several projects here have changed or been improved with paying attention to each-others abilities and schedule.
Organic team-work, where you don't have to ask to join the cool team to feel valuable or needed. just credited for your good work (and enthusiasm).

This is not much of a "gamers" forum anymore, as it has become more of a work-place, where trolls and idiots are dealt with swiftly, but fairly.
This is not a ban-happy forum either, because we don't need to ban trolls as they quickly get bored and leave.
Look at our off-topic/productive threads ratio. Less spam, more work. and high-quality work. (Look at BuF :ironic: )

I've said it before, that is why I joined this site after finding the UT99 CBP2 with UTK4 items and Creavions jungle maps http://www.ut99.org/utr/index.html
This is my main temple of learning. It is also a place to relax and throw ideas around.
We are used to discussing right and wrong compared to what is achievable, but the issue of crediting often gets clouded by stupid details.

Very, very simply put.
If you state in a readme "This map was made using stock textures", you have credited DE and Epic, even though you did not use either company name.
If all you can do is say where you found the file, because that is all you know, then say that.
I did when I first found the animal pack.
All I knew was, it was in a load of BBST sniper-clan maps, so I credited all of the maps I could find it in, the authors of those maps, and where I found them, thus starting a connected trail.
Not much, but it was a start.

Pizzi, It would appear you know very well which server you got the files from (as they host the map), and were also aware of who created the items you used (as you say they are so recognizable), so other than this being as ever a topic for discussion, I personally think you don't have a strong case for defence.

*Then like Inspector Colombo, the Doctor walks back in...
...Other than the fact that, as you have not packed your map for distribution there is no way to put this info in a readme (1 point for the defence).
But, I put it to you Pizzi, that when you right-clicked on the map, and chose "Level Properties" and put your name in, that you could have spent an extra few seconds typing "Decos by Thunderbolt".
and if Thunderbolt has a licence packaged with his distro of the map, that you are in breach of, even though you never read it. It is unfortunate, but you are still liable.
If Thunderbolt is like you, and does not package his work properly, and has no info on a site, then he is liable, and you are in the clear.
but is that the case?

Either way, you should be asking him, if he likes how you used his stuff, and if he can spot anything you missed.
This is the 2 questions on my mind dealing with the CTF conversion I hope to get back to working on soon (Someone punch me, I'm starting to miss the BSP errors).
If your map makes his work look as good as, his work makes your map look good, then you are both winners.
He will want to credit your map as featuring his work, in the same way you should want to credit him.

All I've learned from this, is that there is a Thunderbolt I need to investigate, as I'm obviously missing out on some unforgettable textures and decos.
They better be bloody fantastic, to make me type all this bollocks yet again.

I'm not making any conclusion, other than you and TB, need to deal with this in private, via email, IM, audio or webcam.
Even if he hates your map, at least you can put in the Level Properties "Thunderbolt hated V1".
You can both be honest and move on, but he will still be credited.
Wouldn't you rather have his blessing and help with future maps ?
You may not get on (you can get over it), he may not like you using his stuff in future, but he will care how your maps turn out as the better your maps get, the better he looks.
Don't just credit for others, you'll be doing it for yourself, as more people trust you and want to share projects with you, you will get more credit from others.
People even credit a cool map they played, that gave them a killer idea.

As a little motivation to see how easy (if you know what yer doing) it is to find loads of stuff you thought was gone forever, have a skim of the resurrected tutorials, models and textures I found looking for odd bits and pieces.
http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournament/b ... ve-robbing.
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

papercoffee wrote:Is it really that difficult to write a little readme file and put it in your release?
Really?
It's easy ...believe me.

If you know the guy, who made the stuff of the content you are using in your map ...write his/her name down.
or maybe build a little tribute room (accessible over the editor) ...but the readme file is here maybe the better choice.

If you don't know the creator ...write even this in your text file.

It doesn't hurt you and prevent further discussions in the future.
And it is lesser enervating then defending yourself with a wall of text.

I agree! I dont mod, map etc, but seriously it takes litteraly 1 minute to open notepad and say thanks! all ths posts that were made 123423423423 readme's could have been written :rock:
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
cK1
Novice

Post by cK1 »

This topic deals with at least 2 different issues in 2 different scenarios:
Permissions;
Credits;
in
Big projects packed in a zip file published to download somewhere;
Simple maps that goes directly to a server.

And these issues are all mixed up in this thread.

Well, if you start one of these big projects you must be prepared to do a lot of work and you will have the easy possibility to make a readme.txt.

From here on I talking only about "Simple maps that goes directly to a server"

If you wanna make a map just to put in a server to play with friends, you tend to simplify things.
So, give credits is relatively easy comparing to trackdown the author of this or that file you found in your cache.
If permission were always granted by the authors as long as there are credits, it would simplify the work. This should be a general rule. I can say I used "blank.umx", for example, but to find out who did it would take much more time than actually doing the entire map. And this could be a point to make simple mappers/modders quit and make UT a step closer to the grave.

The main question of my post:
OK, maps on a server are still "public", so, if these maps have a text event informing where you can find the info about this map (URLs to a blog, clan website, etc) and in these places is a section telling what I used (with authors name if known), would that be enough to the "credits" issue?

I just want to simplify things on simple projects (a map on a server). And I want to prove that people can change your mind. So I'm willing to "dar o meu braço a torcer".

cK