Ridiculous things that happen to ya in games.

Discussions about everything else
KeeperUTX
Skilled
Personal rank: Eevee will kill you.

Ridiculous things that happen to ya in games.

Post by KeeperUTX »

It's been quite some time since my last post, so now I'll try and be a tad more active seeing as I have less that 50 posts :oops:

To start, I'd like people to tell what's happened to them in varying games, not just UT99. So make the rest chuckle with your stories!

EDIT: I'll tell one or two events later on, can't right now.
Image This is Eevee, a ferocious creature that never relents in tracking its meal. It will lead you to ruin, and when it does, it will finish you.
The way it bobs its head lefty-righty? It's just cracking it's neck so it can get a better grip on you with its jaws.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: Ridiculous things that happen to ya in games.

Post by UnrealGGecko »

-Being killed by a cute or weak enemy.
-Pushing the Jump button in a platformer a microsecond too late :lol2:
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

One thing that always amuses me in new games is how buggy the ragdolls are.
You kill one player, and sometimes the dead body has a schizophrenic attack... when it just doesn't get stuck to a wall.
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

in the recent mod "black mesa" (pc) in the laser-trapped "nuke" building, I managed the annoying jumpy puzzle to get to the central freight elevator, from where you leave the dangerous area. Before pressing the lift button, I noticed this wiggling peice of gib (a foot and leg) sticking out of the corner of the lift floor. This was quite bizarre looking. So I walked over and picked it up - mistake! - game crashed! had to repeat the stupid jumpy puzzle again because it hadn't auto-saved yet... so when I got to the lift (the second time) the gib-leg piece was gone... :)
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Feralidragon wrote:One thing that always amuses me in new games is how buggy the ragdolls are.
You kill one player, and sometimes the dead body has a schizophrenic attack... when it just doesn't get stuck to a wall.
Well... i know something like that, but just ragdolls.

In borderlands 2 there was a mission that you had to save someone, and i've thrown accidently a granade to the group and ran away... when i was back, the "bandits" were still alive but didnt had any legs or arms, just floating torso's with a head on it. Here is some proof

[youtube]m_0USpuPw3c&list=UUVv9JqdH5zBSpAqLdQHiD_Q&index=1&feature=plcp[/youtube]
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

I remember playing gta san andreas with one of my friends on xbox
we were playing with two player mode, and at one point one of us decapitated the other with a sniper.
after that we loaded a normal game. but the player had no head!
we could do anything we want, except the player had no head and there was constanty coming blood out of his throat.
when we loaded the game later, he got his head back
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

UT3, Torlan.

I was driving a tank and went to one of the side nodes.
As you know, when you destroy an enemy node, the enemy vehicles that havent been used are also destroyed...
I destroyed the node, got out of the tank to capture it and before i reached it, a piece of destroyed Manta (hover vehicle) fell on me an crushed me.
That thing exploded and the piece went upwards, should have seen it coming...
KeeperUTX
Skilled

Post by KeeperUTX »

Alright, I've got one from UT2004's Killing Floor 2.51 mod.

It was on a fan's map, can't remember which one, when I reached wave 8, one wave before Mr. Patriarch starts killing everyone who isn't his friend on 'ZedBook'.
Some zeds got in to our bunker, and since I was low on health, I had to back off and let one of the bots clear things up with them. He tosses a grenade, and I'm like ''WHAT THE F'CK! GOGOGOGOGO!" The grenade explodes, killing me, 2 zeds and the deployer of the gren himself. When I get back up to the floor the whole thing happened, I noticed that the bot's elbow and knee were stuck in the wall, facing towards it. He was shaking in way so that it looked like he was being intimate with it... :loool: shame I didn't take a screen.

Then there is one in Alien vs Predator 2 Gold. I set up a skirmish on Hadley's Hope as a Predator. It loads up, and I'm expecting the Aliens/Xenomorphs to bust out of a nearby door. BIG MISTAKE! I'm caught completely off guard by a thousand Aliens that bust out of the most obvious ventilation shaft EVER. Since I hadn't charged the Shoulder cannon, they turned me into mincemeat. :ironic2: Stupid, STUPID, S T U P I D!!! ALWAYS LOOK AT VENTING SHAFTS!! :omfg:
Image This is Eevee, a ferocious creature that never relents in tracking its meal. It will lead you to ruin, and when it does, it will finish you.
The way it bobs its head lefty-righty? It's just cracking it's neck so it can get a better grip on you with its jaws.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

The offset with the aim when using the Chaos sniper rifle (UT99), has resulted in me bouncing the shot off the side of the window or wall I am next to, straight into my own head far too many times to be funny any more.

..OK it is still funny actually :lol2: :D

Here's one that will make you laugh (especially Ferali)
The first time I was playing with Nali Weapons, I had been enjoying it for a few games playing with all the new toys.
I see this box or crate sitting where there was none before.
"Oh that looks interesting" I think, so I run over to it.
I can't pick it up, and I can't move it, what can it be? :noidea
Walking around it, I notice something red on one side. "Ah-Ha!" I said.
Looking closer..... "Oh-no!" I said.

All I could then think was "How far can I run in 11 seconds?", "I don't know what it does, but I know I should be somewhere else" :nonono:

2 things stuck in my head from the film "The Fifth Element". The scene when Mr. Zorg finds his bomb, and the word "Big-badda-boom".
I made it to cover, but was so close if I looked round the wall, I would have had my face melted.
Thankfully now I know what it is, and remember to call my team back to safety, as I may have survived, but my team did not :nonono:
KeeperUTX
Skilled

Post by KeeperUTX »

Yeah, that happened to me too. A bunch, back when my UT was unscathed from the movings.

Basically, sometimes I got fed up with my teachers in school, and decided to make myself laugh a bit. In WoRMReplacer I set up every HIGHLY VOLATILE weapon I had, two of them being the UltimaProtos and the nuke you just desc'd. Somehow a bot managed to place it on CTF-Face and when I thought it was several minutes from detonation, I look at the timer and see that I have less than 3 seconds to get the f'ck out of there. Absolute fail that I should've recorded, cuz it made me rofl so damn hard!
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

The megaton timer a few seconds from exploding... sounds way too familiar to me :lol2:
I have a modded CTF-Face to test all weapons, and that happened to me over and over and over: "ok, tested this, let's disarm that nuke... ... F...."
But also there are those rare times when I could successfully disarm a nuke at exactly 1 second from exploding lol
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Just like "James Bond" :D

That should get you a bonus at 1 second left !
..A bonus pair of pants, as you just filled the ones you have :loool:
Vanlanthiriel
Novice

Post by Vanlanthiriel »

Can't think of something really ridiculous right now as funny gaming moments happen everyday.
But it always used to make me laugh when someone gives a frag by jumping on one's head or gets a frag with random rocket (in UT99)... or an Impact-hammer headshot.
KeeperUTX
Skilled

Post by KeeperUTX »

Feralidragon wrote:The megaton timer a few seconds from exploding... sounds way too familiar to me :lol2:
I have a modded CTF-Face to test all weapons, and that happened to me over and over and over: "ok, tested this, let's disarm that nuke... ... F...."
But also there are those rare times when I could successfully disarm a nuke at exactly 1 second from exploding lol
Yeah, you made the Megaton one heck of a/ heckuvva comedial weapon! When I usually placed one of them, the password was usually 0436 :D
No wonder the bots have such an easy time disarming my nukes, they already know the code cuz it's in their scripted blood, rofl. Then I find the bottom-feeder-of-a-bot who snatched my nuke, and he tries to shoot me with it, thusly accidentally triggering it. I kill the bot, run towards the megaton, desperately trying to figure out the stupid code. something like 0000.5 seconds before it blows up i try to escape it, and naturally, it rips me apart, along with every other bot on the map. FU--. Those kinds of situations were rare for me, but next time I'll have Fraps to record it! ( got it with my new graphics card driver.)
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Post by Saya-chan »

Well, UT99 related. I remember in a small CTF map I made there was this one area where you had to jump straight down to get to the red flag. So this one time there was a red team bot standing right there and a blue team bot fell on its head. For some strange reason they aimed at each other and started spinning around like crazy. After a minute of laughing my ass off I just blasted them away with the rocket launcher.

Other things I also enjoy are the ridiculous ragdoll physics on some engines. So far Unreal Engine 2 gets the cake with the "noodle men" bug (you know, when you fall down from really high and get smashed against the floor, for example).
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~