Ridiculous things that happen to ya in games.

Discussions about everything else
KeeperUTX
Skilled
Personal rank: Eevee will kill you.

Re: Ridiculous things that happen to ya in games.

Post by KeeperUTX »

Saya-chan wrote: fall down from really high and get smashed against the floor,.
One time I slammed so hard that my body dissapeared, lol.

I've got an interesting one right here, UT2004 style.

I was playing an ONS match on ONS-RedPlanet, and my team was losing, badly at that. I got so worked up that I decided to summon an Ion Rifle, and shot it into the ground beneath me. I looked up, and a blast of ion particles kill me. But here's the stupid part : instead of hitting the dirt, my body lands on its knees and, still upright, defying death itself, stays like that forever. It looked like I had a thousand mile stare and was saying 'WHY?! WHY?!'. Should really try to do that again and SCR it.
Image This is Eevee, a ferocious creature that never relents in tracking its meal. It will lead you to ruin, and when it does, it will finish you.
The way it bobs its head lefty-righty? It's just cracking it's neck so it can get a better grip on you with its jaws.
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Post by Saya-chan »

More ragdoll goodness last night, this time in UT3. I have a small mutator in the making that forces ragdoll physics with very strong hits. So this one time I shot someone so hard with the shock rifle they faceplanted into a tree and got stuck there.
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Saya-chan wrote:So this one time I shot someone so hard with the shock rifle they faceplanted into a tree and got stuck there.
Just plain epic :mrgreen:
Reminds me of another UEngine3 game I play regularly, lots of weird stuff there....
KeeperUTX
Skilled

Post by KeeperUTX »

Gothic 3, while fighting some orcs on a farm near the rebels base.
This game has ragdoll physics too, pretty stupid ones at that.
While I was preoccupied with killing orcs with a fire sword, I hit a chicken that got in the way, with a max-power swing. Its corpse flew off ino the distance, and later found on a nearby hill, with its head under its leg!

I also noticed that one of the orc's body decided to lean against a wall, I only noticed this after slaughtering all of them. It looked like he was saying 'Ok, ok, lemme take a break dude! Just need to catch my breath!'

Gothic 3 has really silly rgdll physx! :loool:
Image This is Eevee, a ferocious creature that never relents in tracking its meal. It will lead you to ruin, and when it does, it will finish you.
The way it bobs its head lefty-righty? It's just cracking it's neck so it can get a better grip on you with its jaws.
KeeperUTX
Skilled

Post by KeeperUTX »

UT99, Nali Weapons 3 mod.

Recently, I decided to show my friend the graphical superiority and the gameplay goodness in UT with the ENB Series and NW3. Well, I showed off the weapons a bit to him, and forgot that the Bolt Rifle tends to... be a shocker I fired it underwater in CTF-November and the next thing we saw were my chunks.

Then I swapped to CTF-Face and showed him a few nukes and super weapons : Nuke levels 1 and 2 + Megaton IIRC. My friend then asks me 'hey, what's your strongest weapon?' . Since he asked for it, I first spawned the Mk2 Ultima Protos, and fired it into the enemy tower. He yelled WTF and I jerked my head toward him, explaining how powerful it is. Just when it blew up, I looked back and got blinded and blown away. Lol, and I had more than enough time to retreat into the safety of the red team's tower. Heck no, I decided to stand there like a boss.

Then he wanted to see another Megaton. So I spawned the nuke, place it on top of the hill for about 1 minute at least, and bolt it to the top of the red tower. BOOM, it blows up, and I go back down, only to hear WARNING! NUCLEAR THREAT LEVEL 4! How was that possible?! well, apparently a bot grabbed the next one that spawned where I summoned it, and I see another one right in front of the base. Ok, so there's 8 minutes to the big-badda-boom. No worries. But when I get the card with the password on it, another bot places ANOTHER Megaton right next to the other one, and me and my friend are already WTFing our heads off. I try and disarm the first nuke, but the code didn't work, again making me say WTF forever (Bug, maybe??) ! Then, I get the second password, used it both, but there was stil the old deedoodaa-ERR! sound Then a THIRD one appears behind me, again with the warning. Both of us laughed our a$$es off. Three Megatons in a row, lol.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Hoverboarding with a broken back, tony hawk ain't got shit on me.
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

this happens sometimes when I play Mac10 UZI Arena + Relics (FN config)
when I have the Relic of Vengeance (http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Relic) and got killed by someone, the opponent runs away safe from the redeemer-like explosion while I respawn in the explosion area, so I die twice :lol2:

it's called bad fortune but most of the times I feel like an idiot :mrgreen:
everybody laughs at me, much fun in teamspeak
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
zacman
Adept
Personal rank: M-M-M-MONSTER KILL

Post by zacman »

Probably the most ridiculous was playing Space Marine, I was playing Assault Marine and was far too far away to do much when we were being fired at capturing a point, so I just fired wildly with the hope of making someone get jittery and duck behind cover.

I got a long range revenge kill headshot by accident. \o/
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198048595886]Image[/url]
KeeperUTX
Skilled

Post by KeeperUTX »

Gothic 3,

Dumb thing that happens when you die: your body shakes its ass for 10K years :lol: