What's your pic/avatar supposed to be?

Discussions about everything else
KeeperUTX
Skilled
Personal rank: Eevee will kill you.

What's your pic/avatar supposed to be?

Post by KeeperUTX »

Hey, it's me. Again. This time, I'm interested in what your avatar actually means. You know, tell us what it is.

Well, I'll simply desc the three I've got my currently most active sites:

UT99.org - Raziel's symbol from the Legacy of Kain series that I recently finished up. Raziel was Kain's lieutenant, but Kain, in a 'supposed' act of jealousy, ripped the bones out of his wings when Raziel evolved, and ordered him to be thrown into the lake of the dead. Raziel endured 1000 years of suffering for his 'transgression', and gained an unswaying hatred for the hyprocracy that damned him. He was revived by the Elder God, and that's where the events of Soul Reaver 1 begin...

Oldunreal - Kain's symbol from LoK. Kain became vampiric because of his murder. Mortanius, guardian of the Pillar of Death, offered him retribution, and he jumped at this opportunity like a starved, deranged dog. He awakens as vampire, an unlife, if you will, and that's where Blood Omen : Legacy of Kain's events start off. Kain rises to full control over Nosgoth after 500 years. That's when he gains his symbol.

World of Gothic - Magician of Fire, though I'll change it to one wearing two swords and sitting on an orc throne.

Otherwise, Gothic, LoK and a few other series have inspired me to start writng my own stories (link in my signature.)
Last edited by KeeperUTX on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image This is Eevee, a ferocious creature that never relents in tracking its meal. It will lead you to ruin, and when it does, it will finish you.
The way it bobs its head lefty-righty? It's just cracking it's neck so it can get a better grip on you with its jaws.
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Re: What's your pic/avatar supposed to be?

Post by Metalfist »

Mine here is from Divinty II: Ego Draconis (2009). This is the scene where the player is about to turn into a dragon.
Another one of mine is from Drakan: order of the flame (1999), where the player rides a dragon.
Those are the 2 dragon games that I love, because you can fly as a dragon in there and toast your enemies ^^.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Hmm, well mine is a dude with a regular katana in one hand and a flaming katana in the other, wears no shoes and seems to like green-bluish clothes, and has a black dragon on his back....
as for it's overall meaning, well I don't have one exactly, it's mostly an image related to the actual nick "Ferali dragon" and nothing more than that, I just set it up ever since I joined the community and stayed that way until now, and I use it everywhere I register as "Feralidragon", and I don't intend to change it anytime soon.

But feel free to be imaginative about its meaning lol
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

It's the visualization of my soul ...

Meh...
This little dude is one of my first mascot my figurehead...I still use it on my old webpage too.
(the page is only a archive and has no functions). There is nothing to click or to pull.
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Post by editor Dave »

First I had an Unreal Titan, then the Unreal Dragon as avatar. I was so addicted to Titans when I started mapping/investigating Unreal :ironic:
My current avatar is from Tenjo Tenge, my favorite Manga series. I don't really identify with Soichiro, who is displayed here, but I just liked the fierce look and the sparkling spells.
10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
[did]Madis
Adept
Personal rank: カニはとても美味しい

Post by [did]Madis »

戦場ヶ原 ひたぎ
Support Nuclear Races by visiting our ModDB profile
KeeperUTX
Skilled
Personal rank: Eevee will kill you.

Post by KeeperUTX »

English please!
Image This is Eevee, a ferocious creature that never relents in tracking its meal. It will lead you to ruin, and when it does, it will finish you.
The way it bobs its head lefty-righty? It's just cracking it's neck so it can get a better grip on you with its jaws.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

1) My handle is EvilGrins, after all.

2) :loool: :ironic:
I used to make mood themes on livejournal so I had a version of these guys that wasn't here.

3) All of which may be a moot point, as I tend to change my AVI every few months to a year.

4) I've always had a thing for smilies, especially the evil ones.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

My current avatar, is Krieg as he is the closest Unreal character to what I actually look like. I setup the pic in UEd to show me relaxing with a drink between matches. (gotta do a whole bar-scene).

My usual Unreal avatar is my UT version of my Dr.Flay™ logo
It was made as the cover-art for my horror mashup (the track playing on my Unreal site).
It represents my sense of fun, and my creative side, my interests and influences.
Attachments
Main full logo
Main full logo
DrFlay+DarkSideoftheLoon.png (43.23 KiB) Viewed 4988 times
UT avatar
UT avatar
Zombie+cover.jpg (40.82 KiB) Viewed 4988 times
Shade
Site Admin
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

Post by Shade »

Dr.Flay wrote:My current avatar, is Krieg as he is the closest Unreal character to what I actually look like. I setup the pic in UEd to show me relaxing with a drink between matches. (gotta do a whole bar-scene).

My usual Unreal avatar is my UT version of my Dr.Flay™ logo
It was made as the cover-art for my horror mashup (the track playing on my Unreal site).
It represents my sense of fun, and my creative side, my interests and influences.
Its a nice mix of Comedian's batch of Watchmen and the cover picture of the album "Dark Side of the Moon" of Pink Floyd. :D

UT99.org Discord Server: https://discord.gg/6CP2UjZ
UT Server Browser: https://ut99.org/servers
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

You forgot the movie Evolution ... :mrgreen:
Shade
Site Admin
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

Post by Shade »

Haha... nice one! :lol:
UT99.org Discord Server: https://discord.gg/6CP2UjZ
UT Server Browser: https://ut99.org/servers
MutedSlayerking
Average
Personal rank: UT N00B

Post by MutedSlayerking »

Well I've always had an interest in gas masks, so mine has no other purpose besides looking bad ass.
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

MutedSlayerking wrote:Well I've always had an interest in gas masks, so mine has no other purpose besides looking bad ass.
Well, i had a gasmask out of the second world war, but sold it to the museum ^^

Owke, mine is simple, just a skull if you look closely. Maybe i should make a new one, this one is really really old
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

My avatar is my graffity tag, alias signature :)