To all Dropbox users

Discussions about everything else
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

To all Dropbox users

Post by Feralidragon »

Just now received this from Dropbox:
This email is an automated notification from Dropbox that your Public links have been temporarily suspended for generating excessive traffic. Your Dropbox will continue to function normally with the exception of Public links.

This suspension is temporary (3 days for the first time).

Please visit Dropbox support if you have any questions.
The only files I had on public were NW3, and yet it seems it hit the daily limit:
Dropbox wrote:Bandwidth limits
Links that use up more than 20 GB/day for Basic (free) accounts and 200 GB/day for Pro and Teams (paid) accounts are automatically suspended.
I have a free account, and apparently the download of NW3 (80mb) had enough downloads to hit the limit.
I didn't know there was a limit to be honest (Dropbox doesn't have links to this page anywhere but their forum, not even in their Terms and Conditions), so in case you have a Dropbox account, well, keep this one in mind: public links have a bandwidth limit.

Anyway, I will provide mirrors for the stuff I had there (links to ut-files and others).
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Re: To all Dropbox users

Post by Creavion »

NW 3 is a success. We got it, Ferali, we got it! Image
It is nearly Oscar-winning! :ironic:
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

^ LOL, that's not the point here.
The point is mostly that I thought the bandwidth was unlimited downloads-wise, but it seems that's not the case with dropbox, and now the mirrors I provided are broken for at least 3 days :|
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

But mine aren't ;)
and if there was a problem with a limit, I can just route through the CoralCDN.

Said it before.
My Opera sites are free, advert-free, and you have 2GB of organizable storage space.

(Think I'll go and edit the links to route through CoralCDN anyway)
http://files.myopera.com.nyud.net/dr-fl ... eapons3.7z
http://files.myopera.com.nyud.net/dr-fl ... s3_UMOD.7z
http://files.myopera.com.nyud.net/dr-fl ... direct.zip
http://files.myopera.com.nyud.net/dr-fl ... direct.z01
Pinguin
Novice
Personal rank: Voice Pack Penguin

Post by Pinguin »

Use a shared link, instead of public, or I'll upload the spectacular mod (Nali Weapons 3) to UT-Files.com? I bet more than 100 people downloaded your mod from Dropbox public link closely that would cause excessive traffic (use Bitly will track the download of your NW3 from Dropbox).
Formerly Tux Android & Private Tux (UT2K4). Currently on hiatus. Doing making some new voice packs in unforeseeable future.

Tip me on Ko-fi (new!)
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

The mod is already in ut-files (but it seems to me the umod version is missing?). I read something about shared links, but isn't that to share folders with other users in dropbox or something?
Anyway, my dropbox links weren't exactly to keep for a long time either (still only have 2Gb to fill there, and I need them as one of my backups for what I am going to do in UDK in the future), and I already uploaded to MediaFire and updated the links in the main thread (MediaFire seems to be surprisingly good right now, I still remember it being a 2nd category file host in the past, but now it seems that it improved a lot).

@Dr.Flay: Thanks :tu:
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Mediafire has definitely improved, and is probably the only one I would currently recommend.

BTW. the free download utility "MiPony" is perfect for fetching files from all these storage services.