UT Giveaway thread

Discussions about everything else
UT99.org

UT Giveaway thread

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Hi folks!

Well, in the spirit of Jack and Carbon's very cool giveaway not long ago, I too will try to aspire to their level of generosity.

I am offering a steam copy of UT and all you have to do is...

Reply!

Yep, just post in this thread and in exactly one week - next Tuesday- papercoffee will choose a number between one and however many replies there are and the lucky person will get a free steam copy

So...the first reply is #1, the second #2 and so on until I post back that the time is up. At that point, papercoffee will completely unbiasedly and objectively choose a number and that will be that! He will post a winner and as a steam gift it goes

Ammendment: Must have 3 posts or more on this forum to enter

Good luck to all! you have a week to reply!
Last edited by UT99.org on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
RavenMist
Novice
Personal rank: The World of Nether

Re: UT Giveaway thread

Post by RavenMist »

Sounds cool, I'm in. I would love to have it primarily on steam :D
"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are" -Cobain
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

------ EDIT ------

not another April Fools day joke?.

assume not.

also in light of the following comments.. I had inadvertantly invited the Devil back to our servers.. which went against my better judgement and spawned the following remarks..

since then i have revoked that invitation.. and will re-introduce the only Ban I have ever had on our servers once more.

note-to-self.. The devil needs no invitation..

^in saying this.. i thought I'd attempt fate b4 then.
:barf:
Last edited by Wises on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:13 am, edited 8 times in total.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:sorry I got banned last time for calling my friend fat. After we had both left my ip mysteriously turned up on the banlist and another told me it was for insulting people on the server. Next minute my details were posted on these forums without permission. Also, I shudder at the thought of running 2 servers on those specs with that amount of playerslots and all those mods. Anyway, I would appreciate if you stayed out of this thread if you don't want to enter the competition
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

:confused2: So, this is an AF post or not? ...gosh, I hate this day.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:no. It says Tuesday. It is Tuesday here. Isn't April fools only until lunchtime or am I wrong? Wises you can respond to my post if you wish but please don't turn this into another 100 page thread and then go back and edit all your posts in an effort to look less stupid. We've seen you do it before over and over and it's beyond retarded
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Ok ...Wises
I will not delete your post and I have to say that we don't like this kind of Post editing ...we had in the past some people who mutilated their former posts and turned a discussion filled thread into garbage.

We will not tolerate again such behavior. You can edit your post to something useful now... thank you.

BTT:
We have only one participant here!!! How* wants a free UT?? (even if it's for steam)

* wow I'm tired ...I did mean Who. Ok I go to bed now...
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

understand , was trying to add humour which resulted in ...

no worries point(s) taken and.. fair call(s).

Good Luck to the Winner.. and yes count me outta this one.

;)

BTT.. Actually just noticed that BillyBill posted this on the 2nd April , Not The 1st..
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:You can reply to my accusations, it's my thread. It wouldn't be right to not let you after I said it. Papercoffee is warning you because it's been a long time coming. I suppose with zeroping your specs don't matter too much, and the high tickrate keeps the spammers happy. Personally I wouldnt run a server over 20 tick if it was intended for more than 2 players, but thats ME and others probably don't feel that way.

I am curious to when you will be shutting your servers down, I noticed you advertising them here so I assume it is because of dwindling player counts. And when you banned me for insulting my friend, once again I assume because there were only 3 players on the server and the third was an admin. Both him and myself have mostly avoided your server(s) since then. This is very similar to when you gave f1zzy admin access to your server yet banned his cousin permanently and were trying to make him out as a bad guy to everyone
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

No! BillyBill you can also stay on topic please.
This is UT99.org not Beyond Unreal or a clan site.

Threads should be kept as clean as you can.
Feel free to start a new thread and link to it.

After having just posted this page via twitter, I would not like for a potential new UT gamer and member of the community, to arrive in the middle of a war, and be put-off by an issue that bares no relation to the thread.

Wises, I suggest you remember to use the emotes to underline humorous/sarcastic comments.
It can save stress.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:OK sorry guys I'm amending this. Don't worry there's not a bunch of terms and conditions. 3 Posts here, thats all you need to enter the competition. Dr. Flay if you want to start a new thread then go for it, have it say new members only or something like that
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

@drflay.. no stress m8.. moving on

@Bb.. & paper .. amended first post to keep inline with spawned posts.

@Anyone else.. becareful what you get yourself into..
with this joker...
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:it's bad of me to demand 3 posts. I just found it ironic when i went off topic hinting at him to mind his own business you came along and did just that. You are a senior member but I didn't think you actually read the post that's why I too came off as rude, I really wanted him to have the oppurtunity to respond to what I said, because I said it.

I don't consider it off-topic apart from the last part about minding his own business. He *did* edit the post numerous times though so it's hard to know that I was staying on topic. We can leave it though flay, no hard feelings, you read my posts about language translation didn't you?.

My idea of the 3 posts will probably annoy some people, but I feel actual members deserve it more than people who make numerous accounts. I do expect to be flamed a little but those are the reasons
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

papercoffee wrote::confused2: So, this is an AF post or not? ...gosh, I hate this day.
Let`s just hope you are not suffering this one here ... :lol2:
Aphrilophobia
A fear of April Fools’ Day itself. People who suffer excessively from the fear of being ridiculed, losing face, blushing, being embarrassed, or “put down” in social situations.
Anyway: If this "giveaways" would have happened some years ago, it would have been a lot more effective. I still say: Sell your stuff on ebay and you still might find a ready market. The last of these threads were not really active either.
I think it is a matter of psychology: If something out for free - nobody cares. Sell something for money: people want it badly. Without joking, within the business life some people condider that free stuff can not be any good.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

No I don't have Aphrilophobia ...I HATE this day.
Dr.Flay wrote:No! BillyBill you can also stay on topic please.
This is UT99.org not Beyond Unreal or a clan site.
Thank you!!

It looks like this thread is now useless ... maybe should we restart this whole thing.