Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin)

Discussions about everything else
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin)

Post by Feralidragon »

I am not sure how many fans of anime are around here, but I just checked an anime people kept talking about this year in this past weekend: Attack on Titan.
And damn, holy sh*t!, I don't see an anime this good for ages, I totally advice anyone who's into anime to check it.
All the other ones seem so dull compared to this one all of a sudden. Warning though, it's not for the faint of heart.

Of the ones who already checked it, what's your opinion on it?

EDIT: Here's the trailer:
[youtube]KKzmOh4SuBc[/youtube]
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Re: Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin)

Post by GenMoKai »

Well, im not that into Anime, but sometimes i watch it :) just checked them on youtube... so i dont give spoilers :P it can be interesting to watch
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

I like anime too but this is not my favourite genre, I like most Hayao Miyazaki's (and Studio Ghibli) movies.
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Hentai is not belong here? :D
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

^ No.

I don't watch that many too, generally I only watch a few of the most popular around and a few not so popular ones. Generally I read the manga along too to see the differences and how the story truly goes.
Either ways, I am not much about talking about anime or manga in any forum (sometimes I talk about it with my brother or some other couple of friends in RL or in the web), but this "Attack on Titan", oh boy... I checked the manga and my friends: whoever checks the anime, that's only the tip of the iceberg, granted.
Just get away from forums and places talking about it if you don't want to get spoiled, many dumbasses around ruining it for everyone (not for me though, I only checked the comments way after I saw both the anime and manga).
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

ASLYE702 wrote:Hentai is not belong here? :D
Hentai is not belong here!!! :pfff:

btt.: Have to search this movie ...from when is it?
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

It's not a movie, it's an ongoing anime series (they're at episode 14 at the moment, it started in April of this year).
Although the visual quality of this anime far surpasses the quality of many anime-based movies by miles. The teams even had to take a break of a week because of all the work put into the episodes so far.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Feralidragon wrote:It's not a movie, it's an ongoing anime series (they're at episode 14 at the moment, it started in April of this year).
Although the visual quality of this anime far surpasses the quality of many anime-based movies by miles. The teams even had to take a break of a week because of all the work put into the episodes so far.
Ah ok ...now I do understand. :mrgreen:
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Ok, sounds good! I love FullMetal Alchemist series. & Then Full Metal Panic. lol.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

I liked FullMetal Alchemist too, but mostly the second one "Brotherhood". The manga was a masterpiece, and I'm glad the animators realized that and remade the whole thing to follow the manga thoroughly.

I added the Attack on Titan trailer in the first post, in case someone is interested (it's not subbed though, given that it's the original one posted by the studio itself, but the video speaks for itself). I am not the one about talking about anime or manga anywhere, even when it's good, but this one is going to blow your mind.