Get Games Cheap.. $1+

Discussions about everything else
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Get Games Cheap.. $1+

Post by Wises »

latest gossip through the grapevine is this cheap game service..

https://www.humblebundle.com/

see what you think..

:tu:
VatcilliZeitchef
Adept
Personal rank: It's a trap!

Re: Get Games Cheap.. $1+

Post by VatcilliZeitchef »

I did not really like their last bundle, Never a fan of [E]vil {A]lliance games and as far as I am concerned the program called "Oracle" you need to run their games is Spyware, Addware, and Malware.
However, in general they are good indeed.

I only bought the bundle this time cause it was 'all to charity' and might one day install the steam copies.

May I do a special suggestion?

If you're getting it, consider pushing up the slider on the "American Cancer Society" for our own Jack Griffin 8)
Image Kayako's useful Unreal editor Icon Database Image
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

ahh i see.. not a fan of malware etc myself and maybe will steer clear of these special deals..

I still like GOG.COM (Good old Games) but.. a player this evening reported this (Well Spammed the Entire Match with it) and I figured that if it gave him a hard-on :LOL: it may as well other's too

if indeed I do plan to break my own rules and install something like this.. be sure that I will adjust the slider also :)

cheers.
VatcilliZeitchef
Adept
Personal rank: It's a trap!

Post by VatcilliZeitchef »

It's not an issue with the usual deals from humble bundle! There's just this "Oracle" program which is technically steam for EA, but it continuously scans parts of your system and sends data pertaining things that have nothing to do with your games or the way you use the program, which is what makes it spyware to me.

Some of the games in this bundle are available on steam too, and the ones that have the steam key logo can be installed without the requirement to install oracle. As far as I am concerned, steam is still slightly preferable over Oracle.
Image Kayako's useful Unreal editor Icon Database Image
memsys
Adept
Personal rank: Silicon Lifeform

Post by memsys »

Well I already have Mirror's edge and the only other game that is mildly interesting is dead space 1. Honestly I can't be bothered to get the bundle even if I would only pay $1 that is how interested I am in this bundle.
Steam is ok, I still don't like DRM but I guess that Steam can be considered "DRM-Light" Origin, games for windows live and others like it are abominations in my eyes. Like Vat, I see these programs as trojans, spyware and backdoors for all kinds of nasty stuff.
So Origin and co are banned from my system. If a game I like comes out only for them then I will simply download a copy without that crap.
As for E(vil) A(lliance) I hope they die a quick and painful death, they have gobbled up and destroyed too many companies and games.