Unreal Engine 2.5 Runtime Sucks! I need some help.

Discussions about everything else
Prestus
Novice
Personal rank: Monster Hunter

Unreal Engine 2.5 Runtime Sucks! I need some help.

Post by Prestus »

1º Problem

Well, im buy a book, to classes to create games on Unreal engine runtime, and a few months im have take to train hard my Level design capacity, and i have created a project to a game like Unreal gold, but, all zones are Ok, but needs programming. Im started to program myself, only editing some scripts, but my modifications in the game code, dont have ist effects. and i need some help to edit the jogability of game, like the jump height, the fast run, etc. Im using the version downloaded on Mobdb site, in that link: http://www.moddb.com/engines/unreal-eng ... e2-runtime

2º Problem

Im have started a bigger map, like 25000x25000 inches of X and Y. And im making a Day version of that map, and im used the sunlight, but it has make a bad illumintion effect, i have a print here: / / . Im want fix this, or i want use a shader, but im dont know why i can create one shader, if u help me, im very grateful.

3º Problem

The lights, are ignorating the walls on my map, and a need fix this, see more prints of the bug: /

Well, im need help on that cases, if u can help me by skype, its be more easy and fast : Prestus_Hood. (Im using a Pony avatar). If i post on a wrong area, im sorry, im newbie here.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Unreal Engine 2.5 Runtime Sucks! I need some help.

Post by Feralidragon »

Well, first I need to say that you need to invest a little more in your English skills. The thing is that it's hard to understand what you're saying or what you're asking, and some of the expressions I only understand because I am portuguese (you used a mix of Portuguese and English in some words, like "jogability", I understand that you "English-ified" the Portuguese word "jogabilidade" when you actually meant "gameplay").
If you want to people to help you, specially through Skype, you need to learn speak to speak this common language to a level they can at least understand what you're saying clearly. You don't need to be an expert at it, you just need to learn it enough so you can reach people better.

Having that said, I guess I understand somewhat what you're saying, but you cannot use the Unreal Engine 2 Runtime for what you want to do:
The UnrealEngine2 Runtime software is the state of the art in cross-platform, real-time 3D rendering solutions for the desktop. Taking advantage of the latest advances in hardware-accelerated 3D, the Runtime provides a stable, robust platform for interactive walkthroughs and simulations. You can use this free version for non-commercial, non-gaming products.
Which means that you cannot use it to build games, it's against the terms of usage of it.
So, first off, if you really want to develop a game, you need to choose another platform or another engine version which allows you to do so. You can still use it to learn it though, but not to build games from it.
Well, that is, unless you're building a game just to learn things from it and not for a public release.
Prestus
Novice
Personal rank: Monster Hunter

Post by Prestus »

First, sorry for my english. Its one of few times, if i dont use que google translator. Im dont are using it to i can be better on english.

And the second, im having problens With mapping, Im have problens with the light transpass the walls, and the sunlight is very ugly, on their illumination.

and sorry again for my english. im gonna start a course in next year.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

At least you try.
Also you do use commas between sentences, which does help with context, and translation :D

Unfortunately as Ferali points out you will not be able to use it for games. Only demos or educational work etc.
You need to use the full UT2004.