new UED 2.2 !

Discussions about everything else
Shivaxi
Novice

Re: new UED 2.2 !

Post by Shivaxi »

Man, it's not even April...

Guys, this is a hoax. I just talked to Smirftsch directly, and he has no idea what this is or where it's coming from. There is no UED 2.2 planned, or UT support planned, or breaking node limits or any of this crap mentioned in the first post. There will always be BSP holes and node limits and projector shadows don't even work that way that Radi mentioned lol, not to mention everything else as well.

Sorry to disappoint you, but yeah...this isn't happening. Someone is a couple months too early for April fools yet :roll:
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Post by Metalfist »

^ Can Smirftsch post to confirm this pls?
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Well, there's no thread in OldUnreal, so yeah, so we've been shat by Radi it seems. On another side, Smirftsch can see the kind of reaction this would give in case he did something like that.
Well, I guess I will have to go back to my original plan, the longer one... oh well...
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

:D, ..sorry guys but when I might post it on beginning of April then nobody can be fooled ;p Im really feel a little dump now because I do not except that people follow these absurds, like semi-solids substract brushes, bsp errors gone, static meshes, non node limit, lightmaps on meshes and so..
my point with this topic is NOT to to disrespect someone by fooling. Sorry again for making your all too much excited and in the end learn that this all is not a truth. Im LOLed at beginning but now it is not that funny.. ehh
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Post by TheDane »

Radi wrote::D, ..sorry guys but when I might post it on beginning of April then nobody can be fooled ;p Im really feel a little dump now because I do not except that people follow these absurds, like semi-solids substract brushes, bsp errors gone, static meshes, non node limit, lightmaps on meshes and so..
my point with this topic is NOT to to disrespect someone by fooling. Sorry again for making your all too much excited and in the end learn that this all is not a truth. Im LOLed at beginning but now it is not that funny.. ehh
Wicked sick humor! I love it :tu: it perfectly shows how much people believe what they are told in the community LOL, I did smell the rat though, I was almost calling your bluff, but decided not to - I think I've caused eneough already hehe ... Anyway... +1 on you!
Retired.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Well, I should have imagined. I did found it suspicious once I didn't find a topic about it at OldUnreal, but knowing their capability this didn't sound that absurd and got carried away by it and ended up believing it.
I thought I would have my work cut by half at least, but I guess not.... but then again, if anything it served to show that if he did bring at least the current U227 features to UT itself that he would get a really good reaction at them. The static meshes bit is probably the strongest point of U227 when it comes to mapping, as you can actually achieve 0 BSP problems that way and have an extremely detailed map.
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Post by Metalfist »

This is just sad and childish. You lose your own credibility and respect. -1
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

TheDane wrote:...It perfectly shows how much people believe what they are told in the community LOL...
What do you mean with this?
...NALI WEAPONS 4 COMING! :loool:
ividyon
Average
Personal rank: UnrealSP.org Staff

Post by ividyon »

A juvenile hoax with no consideration of what might happen when people realize it's fake and become disillusioned by the 227 project over false expectations. What a shameful display.
Last edited by ividyon on Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Also known as: sana
UnrealSP.org - the premier Unreal single player site
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

Well Radi, it seems you've blown off your own credibility, well played.
You must construct additional pylons.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Metalfist wrote:This is just sad and childish. You lose your own credibility and respect. -1
Well ...I hoped that this would be a real thing. But it was too good to be true. that's why I didn't post here.
Since the Creavion/UT/Smirftsch issue I'm very cautious about such announcements and celebrate only when I see the actual product.

Well Radi, you fooled us ...but I hope this overwhelming reaction about this "news" will show smirftsch what he would get, if he would make something for UT.
ividyon
Average
Personal rank: UnrealSP.org Staff

Post by ividyon »

papercoffee wrote:Since the Creavion/UT/Smirftsch issue I'm very cautious about such announcements and celebrate only when I see the actual product.
Care to enlighten me about the "Creavion/UT/Smirftsch" issue? I remember Creavion leaving our community with rather notorious opinions, so I'm curious about what happened between him and the 227 dev team that could influence opinions like that.
Also known as: sana
UnrealSP.org - the premier Unreal single player site
irridium77
Novice
Personal rank: Bunnytrack mapper

Post by irridium77 »

this is rather surprising..

As I have see the splashscreen before.. creavion send it to me & told me things about the ued2.2 in process!
a while back. 2011?

Shame
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

Generally, I'm personally not in offensive state in any way, from begining.
Jokes...jokes as jokes, I dont mind how people react, because every os us is different. Whatever, no more jokes......
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Radii I don't think you realise how old some of us are around here.
You may have had a heart-attack on your conscience.

I'm sure we can all get over it, and make sure some of that enthusiasm is saved for Shadow :tu:
:roll: I...um...er... found it quite funny, as I was actually chatting with Smirftsch as the circus started :mrgreen:
... So I am a teeny bit guilty for not actually saying more :ironic:
So hang me, I was busy testing OpenAL issues. Someone has to.