Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:[youtube]c2uNDlP4RiE[/youtube]
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: UE4

Post by papercoffee »

So? ...UE4 is off topic.

And I did nothing see what really impresses me.
Ok ...this Mozilla-without-plugin thing is interesting.
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

With UE4 EPIC seems to follow the principle evolution than revolution.. but one of the best improvements is the fading of unreal script which is like a millstone around ones neck.

But why the hell is this offtopic?^^
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Shadow wrote:But why the hell is this offtopic?^^
Because it's not related to UT1 at all, to not mention that UE4 is a totally different beast relative UE3.

On the topic at hand: I don't think that the removal of UScript is necessarily a good thing. Remember that C++ is platform and hardware dependent, and one of the main reasons for UScript, which follows the same basic principles as Java, was to be able to make platform and hardware independent games and mods (so what you make in UScript, will work in Windows, Linux, Mac, wherever the engine itself runs at). Without it, you will have to probably compile your game in each and every different system and pray that none of them gives you platform specific trouble.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

my email

" Epic has opened up Unreal Engine 4 to the world! UE4 is now available for download"

not free, been looking for a link.

I think using C++ will be a good thing since it all boils down that being heavily used for everything now. Why bother with another script when it ends up being changed anyway for a CPU.

Is there something going on here with my " W " 's they look thin and light gray or something. The small w looks ok.
or is it something on my end.
Binary Space Partitioning
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Yeah, UE4 is now ready to use with the full source code and everything... for 19$ a month + 5% of your earnings if you go commercial with it.
https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/welco ... l-engine-4

And it seems that they will finally go with official Android support for it, along with Linux and other similar systems.
It's on these times I regret not having a more powerful machine to handle it, otherwise I would subscribe to it myself. It's actually a surprisingly good move on their behalf, I never thought they would do something like this considering their history of how they handled their engine licenses.

I wonder though if with this they would open the UEngine1 source code someday and put it in github as well. With this subscription thing, it's not like their first engine would suffer anything with it as everyone with at least 19$ in their pocket would at least be able to see the new engine code anyway and they would truly become the de-facto engine to use for games.
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

Feralidragon wrote: I wonder though if with this they would open the UEngine1 source code someday and put it in github as well. With this subscription thing, it's not like their first engine would suffer anything with it as everyone with at least 19$ in their pocket would at least be able to see the new engine code anyway and they would truly become the de-facto engine to use for games.
Yeah good point dude. Now we have them by the balls...
Tim-_-
Average

Post by Tim-_- »

This is amazing. Epic just opened up a whole new world of possibilities for many developers, for just $19! :o
Torax
Adept
Personal rank: Master of Coop

Post by Torax »

Tim-_- wrote:This is amazing. Epic just opened up a whole new world of possibilities for many developers, for just $19! :o
Try to guess how much money you will need to upgrade your PC to some level, which will able you to use ALL possibilities of UEngine 4.0 :?
Unreal. Alter your reality..forever...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Torax wrote:
Tim-_- wrote:This is amazing. Epic just opened up a whole new world of possibilities for many developers, for just $19! :o
Try to guess how much money you will need to upgrade your PC to some level, which will able you to use ALL possibilities of UEngine 4.0 :?
:ironic: ...UE3 is not running "smoothly*" on my bucket ...but UE4 is out of question for this old rig.

*Hahaha what I'm saying? it runs only in 640x480 resolution. Without any shaders ...I got Doom1.