2tr1nge 8eybo1r3 Prob9em - WT4?

Discussions about everything else
ASLY

2tr1nge 8eybo1r3 Prob9em - WT4?

Post by ASLY »

The topic name is tell for you everything. I have a strange problem with my laptop keyboard.
Tomorrow when I want to login to my Windows I saw there is something problem with my keyboard.
The problem is some character have numbers. If I push A the keyboard type this - a1.
That's the same with these characters, S - s2, D - d3, F - f4, G-H Is okay, J - j7, K - k8, L - l9, É - éö.
And now I don't know how but these characters only typing numbers. A - 1, S - 2, D - 3, etc.
I tried system recovery but still I have this problem. Now I using Screen-Keyboard. :ironic2: Any idea?
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: 2tr1nge 8eybo1r3 Prob9em - WT4?

Post by Feralidragon »

Probably your keyboard is "broken" or it may be only dirty applying pressure or pulling in the wrong buttons... do you have an external USB keyboard around or from a friend which you can connect to your laptop and try it out?
Anyway, I would advice to simply detach the keyboard and clean it up, which might fix your problem.
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

Oddly enough, I remember talking to someone on UT with the same issue. The first couple of times that it happened I thought they were raging at their keyboard and whacking random number keys. I can't remember what the explanation was or how they fixed it. Maybe there's some kind of Function key that you've accidentally toggled? A bit like Numlock but with a wider application?
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:clic fn+F11 or fn+F12

maximdymok
Experienced

Post by maximdymok »

Well, this will sound stupid, but have you tried restarting your computer? My control key was virtually stuck for some reason, and I couldn't even type in UT, had to type in Notepad and then copy-paste xD But restarting Windows fixed it.
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

3 Month's ago I have this Lenovo G500 laptop, so 100% there is nothing broken and everything fine with my keyboard.
Just somehow changed my keyboard, but the problem is I don't know how. I checked in Google what is that problem but I don't found a concrete answer.
The searching key is this: a1 s2 d3 f4. Everywhere just rice, that's annoying...
I tried a lot thing... System recovery, FN+F12, FN+F11, + NumLock + Shift, Restart PC, everything. :???:
But like said Ferali, I try soon an external USB Keyboard and I hope something happen.
This makes me crazy... :ironic:
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Having any new laptop doesn't mean it didn't come out defective, even from Lenovo.
I use a Lenovo laptop at work, is indeed super reliable hardware-wise and easily upgradeable, but I also know that it's super easy to disassemble the keyboard without any issues (I had to once to be able to upgrade it with more RAM (4Gb to 8Gb), since I kinda needed it, and I was actually surprised how easy it was compared to other laptop brands).
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:Not read up but you can try to remove the keyboard driver and restart.
May remove and take a updated one only after remove it.