Full "Retirement"

Discussions about everything else
_naruto_999
Average

Re: Full "Retirement"

Post by _naruto_999 »

_naruto_999 wrote:
Red_Fist wrote:NO offense intended.

I realize the time and work side of things, and the free side as well.
In it's own merit the weapons are quite remarkable.

But the weapons seem too glitzy or trying to look different more than function.
I only use like 2 of them, the others I am more amused at the graphics, but that don't cut it for me.

Now the end result is total spam weapons against total spam maps, I never thought MH could be ruined, but the NW3 made it so.
I like the cool new stuff, but between the new weapons and dorky server admins and mods, sort of like overkill beyond overkill.

Go ahead and hate me, but that's what my brain said.
That's why I didn't make maps for MH. 90% of the time ppl are playing cube /cylinder maps with oversized monsters with 100.000 health and that fire nukes at you. Many of those maps are plain meaningless, cube room with lava pit, then stair floating in the air, then corridor with random texture and a another room with water texture on all faces.... sometimes it's slime with a brickwall texture, wtf?
Came back to check the current state of MH and it's dead. Dozens of servers are gone and the others that are still up have no players for most of the day. The total spam MH + NW3 servers are gone, but for some funny reason there are two NW XII servers.

There was a time when Destination Unreal had so many active players that they had to buy more servers, but that was a long time ago.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Hitman's group still plays but it's in that 500 monsters-in-a-box style. Sometimes that's fun but for me it wears quickly. You are welcome to swing by my coop server (Unreal 227) if you want to play some nice map series. More often than not someone will wander along in and play with you.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

_naruto_999 wrote:
_naruto_999 wrote:
Red_Fist wrote:NO offense intended.

I realize the time and work side of things, and the free side as well.
In it's own merit the weapons are quite remarkable.

But the weapons seem too glitzy or trying to look different more than function.
I only use like 2 of them, the others I am more amused at the graphics, but that don't cut it for me.

Now the end result is total spam weapons against total spam maps, I never thought MH could be ruined, but the NW3 made it so.
I like the cool new stuff, but between the new weapons and dorky server admins and mods, sort of like overkill beyond overkill.

Go ahead and hate me, but that's what my brain said.
That's why I didn't make maps for MH. 90% of the time ppl are playing cube /cylinder maps with oversized monsters with 100.000 health and that fire nukes at you. Many of those maps are plain meaningless, cube room with lava pit, then stair floating in the air, then corridor with random texture and a another room with water texture on all faces.... sometimes it's slime with a brickwall texture, wtf?
Came back to check the current state of MH and it's dead. Dozens of servers are gone and the others that are still up have no players for most of the day. The total spam MH + NW3 servers are gone, but for some funny reason there are two NW XII servers.

There was a time when Destination Unreal had so many active players that they had to buy more servers, but that was a long time ago.
HoF MH servers are still active at certain times of the day. But most regulars like myself are adults with other priorities. Even HoF DM server gets alot of traffic on Thursday nights because that is the night me and the DM crew set aside time to play from our busy lives. Remember UT99 is over 15 years old and the clients aren't getting any younger or less busy.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Meaning of MH has been lost a long time ago when some maps were saying "PulseGun has been unlocked" and was another sort of unknown BigBoom lagging regular player. THESE were making MH maps really stupid. I can count on a single hand's fingers how many Levels were tricky with AlarmPoints and monsters with "instructions" (as much as MH didn't ruined A.I. completely - yes, some monster alarm related things doesn't even work in that last official v503 or are too shitty).
That bad controller spamming itself suffered an enhanced ruin due to "development". Cute Levels were become crap because of "awesome GUNZ" letting in place CUBES unitextured + BSP errors in a retarded geometry which needs work in purpose to gain errors, but is fascinating to see new things happily developed and all "player" clapping hands and legs and heads at all sort of garbage, to not forget "fix" string used for nothing fixed, PathNet broken, Meshes changed to more retarded console spam, stupid Movers with all trash possible setup because was a sudden appearance of "fans" helping the fabrication of a mountain of NONES happily added in public redirects even if some of them doesn't even have Net Codes - direct name example: "KasarulTextures", "WierdOrWonderfull", ect, or such stupid demonstration of 0 Net play.

Given fore-mentioned cute options I was heading to do a MH2 for only my own a$$, with Bot, with expanded Monster A.I., I did not see anyone working at monsters, only textures to crash, weapons for player, features + the rest of garbage and 0 - ZERO Monster stuff. Nobody even checked their True skill before me as I could figure (in hopping to wrong). Accidentally I found some stuff from whatever 2014 or 2015 in which I did a couple of A.I. Tests with positive results.

I assure you that I know people which won't really return to play MH not even if they get payed. They were loving originality not 1100 mods and changes and settings.