The Jazz Jackrabbit thread

Discussions about everything else
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

The Jazz Jackrabbit thread

Post by UnrealGGecko »

The other day I downloaded Jazz Jackrabbit 2 in an abandonware site and I got to say, that THAT is one damn good platformer there. Once I'll finish the Original Campaigns (co-op with my bro sounds good), I think I'll start downloading custom made levels, as it turns out that there's still some activity there (there's also custom music being made for that crazy rabbit, though I'm not sure what format they're using).
If you have JJ installed, be sure to check http://www.jazz2online.com/ , which has plenty of things to download.

Ok I usually don't open off-topic threads but I want to know your experience with Jazz. How was it? Have you ever created (or wanted to create) a lvl for him? Share your thoughts. :wink:
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Re: The Jazz Jackrabbit thread

Post by Shadow »

Jazz Jackrabbit 1/2 and the XMas Addon (Christmas Chonricles) were one of my first Jump n Runs (besides Commander Keen series), loved it back then still do today^^ Often thought about doing some sort of remake in UT99
heliumcat
Skilled

Post by heliumcat »

UT's Shock Rifle in JJ would be the bomb.
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

Jazz Jackrabbit (or rather the demo version) was my first introduction to EPIC Games. Next came One Must Fall 2097, an excellent DOS-based beat 'em up with an infuriatingly catchy theme tune, where you fought in giant robots in very diverse arenas. Actually bought that one as a full priced game because I enjoyed it so much at the time.

[youtube]15bvpznQP5M[/youtube]
Edit youtubelink --------------------by paercoffee
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:yeah this game was awesome. I never got into the sequel though, i remember playing it and it was windowed which killed it for me immediately, maybe i missed something but it didn't feel anything like the original

did you ever see the 3d version? it used an early version of the unreal 1 engine. of course it was never officially released, but theres a level or two of an alpha that leaked

my intro to epic was probably jill of the jungle, played the first two episodes right to the end but never completed the third. I don't even know what else they made, Epic Pinball? heh heh bless ya Cliffy B.

Oh and if you like platform games my all-time favorite was Prehistorik 2