Still returning...can't live without UT)

Discussions about everything else
Torax
Adept
Personal rank: Master of Coop

Still returning...can't live without UT)

Post by Torax »

Hello and greetings everyone. I was very glad to see that forums still alive, reading dozens of new posts which appeared since my last visits)

I was absent for a really long time..as you maybe know, it is a revolution in Ukraine, which started in the nearly beginning of this year.
In cause of hard political situation, i was drafted into new military formations - mainly into hastily organized antiterrorist squads...nearly a month of accelerated learning and requalification
And after all this shit - sound of squizzing bullets, burning Molotov coctails, grenades and so, were my only "music" for nearly half of the year. Heh, i can say that was kinda UT in real life. But i NEVER want to see stuff i saw during this hell again..

For now when new regular army was reinforced, we were awarded with a some rest until those guys will need our help.

So decided to see what's goin' outta here)
and i hope i will have enough time and energy to return to few my unfinished projects :wink:
Unreal. Alter your reality..forever...
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Re: Still returning...can't live without UT)

Post by Carbon »

Dang....that sounds tough! Well, glad you made it through and good to have you here. Now....get back to work!!

;)
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

If you thought you heard taunts their like in UT, you know your hooked. :P

Too bad our country is now a total mess, and getting worse.
Binary Space Partitioning
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

It's tough to imagine what you must have experienced. As Carbon wrote, good to have you here.
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

Glad you back Torax :-) hope this meaningless conflict will end quickly . We are all involved somehow.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Very glad you made it back to us in one piece.
Welcome home ;)
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

welcome back ! :highfive:
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

That sounds like a vision of hell. From the news, it almost sounds as thought most of the conflict is limited to Sloviansk and its immediate surrounds. I really don't have a clear picture of what the situation is in wider Ukraine, whether there is unrest and fighting in most a few, many, or most other urban centres of the country.
Torax
Adept

Post by Torax »

ShaiHulud wrote:That sounds like a vision of hell. From the news, it almost sounds as thought most of the conflict is limited to Sloviansk and its immediate surrounds. I really don't have a clear picture of what the situation is in wider Ukraine, whether there is unrest and fighting in most a few, many, or most other urban centres of the country.
Mainly, the heaviest situation in Sloviansk and Donetsk. I was there few times during infantry rotations.
Other regions are much more calm. But there also happens diversions - assault, capture or explosions of government buildings and other sabotage stuff of many kinds.
The worst day was 2nd of may in my native city Odessa. That was horrible massacre, especially when separatists burned themselves alive in the Building of Trade Unions. They used Molotov coctails to prevent assault of the building, but accidentally set to fire inner rooms. The worst thing that they had cans or grenades with neuroparalitical gas, which also exploded - they had no ability to even try to escape...
As result - 50 or 60 burned corpses inside, around 20 bodies outside the bilding (people who jumped from upper floors trying to save their lives)....
If only our squad was in city on that day (we were on the polygon under Odessa), i'm sure - there can be less victims..

Now here and on antiterrorist operation works reformed regular army, sometimes they call our guys bot not so often as before.
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

Thank you for the update, that's the most detailed news reports I've heard from your region. I did hear about the incident in Odessa, but the details were not clear. Truly horrific. I'm really sorry you and your country are going through such awful strife.
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Post by Saya-chan »

hi~ :3
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~
Torax
Adept

Post by Torax »

ShaiHulud wrote:Thank you for the update, that's the most detailed news reports I've heard from your region. I did hear about the incident in Odessa, but the details were not clear. Truly horrific. I'm really sorry you and your country are going through such awful strife.
Thanks for support mate.
I hope this crap will finish soon and better times will come. And believe in peaceful skies over my city and whole country.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Hopefully this conflict won't come to other nearby countries (...... :help: ) and will end soon. So much propaganda everywhere makes me sick. :x

Thank you Torax for the info and for defending Ukraine! *salutes with a tear in his eye*
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

WB Torax! Still waiting for you unfinished project, like the UTRP and more Ballistic weapon from UT2K4. :P