Unreal 2: The Re-Awakening, Map

Discussions about everything else
Red_Fist
Godlike

Unreal 2: The Re-Awakening, Map

Post by Red_Fist »

Well coming from the , off topic thread, you freegiin "Unreal" programmers please enter the ring.

I got the U2Cockroach (new pawn) to be fired on and attack.

However, I can't find a ""Melee" or Damage type or anything to make it create damage.
There is no way to enter the info, grayed out properties.

I took code from the stamper or stomper small one, for any code that used a melee and got lucky that it compiled without errors, so a programmer could fix me up in a second.
All I need is the make the pawn give damage, from like if it has pinchers, to show up in properties.

Can't find a thing about Melee anything here in U2, aaaaaaaaaaaaaarg, got to be some quick fix.

IF you want to make a pawn have all the ""Attack" AI settings in the AI properties.
The lowest class is "Basic" , in pawns, make a new pawn there.

If you use the "basic" it will use the basic controller, that will be shot and seen, (or fight back and see or attack enemies).
That's the default controller if all you want is them to act as enemies, but still work without external scripts.
Binary Space Partitioning
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Unreal 2: The Re-Awakening, Map

Post by EvilGrins »

I generally find the roaches to be about as dangerous as Neban...
...but I look forward to facing your deadly warrior-cockroaches!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

It won't make a .u file, says it can't find file, but I don't see any other thing I can try.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Is this now UT related?
I can't see a relation.

Moved!
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Red_Fist wrote:It won't make a .u file, says it can't find file, but I don't see any other thing I can try.
The roaches are in the U2pawns file.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

The only thing it can be is some directory structure problem, or the .UC file isn't saved in the right format.
It won't find my file, it will "Make" the other stock files. and keeps saying ARoachBasic\classes\*.uc

If I give it a wrong path UCC ends quicker with no other files made.

I put my class name in the Unreal2.ini edit packages , I put my class file UC in \system, it wno't friggen make my .U file. or "find" my .UC file.

What IS the official syntax line to use, for UT99, it should be the same.

I even made a folder named my class name with a subdirectory named Classes. can't find it.

I even did a new install and the patch. It also won't export a texture, there is no file type to pick from, just a blank dropdown box ,in saving the texture, and saves a 0 byte file, and I had to type in some file extension. Like it's missing it's export texture format functions.

Not sure any of this is caused because of Win7 or 64bit, or unreal2

ADD

Ok got it, you have to have the class name directory with a new subdirectory named "classes", under the Unreal2 main directory, and now it finds my .UC file and puts the .U file in \system.
Now I just need it to put it in "MyLevel" somehow.

Oh the damn roach still don't have a melee attack, or gives any damage (yet)
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Sometimes you have to move backwards in order to move forward.

The NaliCow is a passive Unreal/UT monster... it doesn't come with any attacks, but some people have made versions of it that do have attacks. Same for the NaliRabit. I'm at work so can't hunt up examples, but if you can find some, download them, check them out... you might figure a way around your U2roach problem.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Now that I did a new install, I am forced to gravel around like some criminal and download some funky file all because the OLD game runs the CD every time.

Why can't these companies just give us a freegin bypass after things hit 5 years old, :mad2: or have it like UT99.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

When ut99 first came out you had to have the CD in or the game wouldn't work, the ability to play without the CD didn't come until later.

The version of Unreal2 I have came in the Unreal Anthology package, so I never had that issue. I suspect it's a slightly different version from the original.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

The version in-game bottom corner ,hit ESC, says ver 2001

But I think it's 1403, I used the no cd for that version, I just wish there was an official no cd fix.

EDIT------------------- papercoffee

Well trying everything to make one of those pawns give damage. All I can think is all the controller classes has no code for the other pawns that are under "Base" controller.
You have to use the "Basic" controller to get any pawn to see, or hear or attack. I made them attack just fine, but tried a lot of things to make it have a melee attack.

Could be tons of things, but there must not be any reference typed into one or all of those controllers for the pawns under "Base".
There is so many actor properties in here, tons of them, it could be just one setting, been trying a lot of settings that make sense, but a pile of others I don't have a clue what they do, or why, or when, or disabled somehow.
Should be working even after I tried inserting default properties and rebuild a .u the pawn just attacks, no damage.
I can see it attacking, and I can change other aspects, but can't get damage.
The only other thing I can think of is maybe it has to be some bones thing with the mesh in Golem for a pawns bone, to give damage.

I might be able to give them a weapon, but I don't want some small bug to shoot freegin guns, stupid. :roll:

SendEvent ToggleSummonMenu

Type that after you turn on cheats by typing, "bemymonkey"
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Hey Red_Fist...
You joined Sun Oct 05, 2008 ... you should know where the edit button is, right?
Please avoid double posts.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

papercoffee wrote:Hey Red_Fist...
You joined Sun Oct 05, 2008 ... you should know where the edit button is, right?
I didn't see a problem
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Red_Fist wrote:
I didn't see a problem
Well, then please read our House Rule again. :wink:
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

papercoffee wrote:
Red_Fist wrote:
I didn't see a problem
Well, then please read our House Rule again. :wink:
Not even sure of what I did or didn't do, and I can't even read what I typed now, aaaaaaaaaaarg. :noidea

--- EDIT..... by UnrealGecko this time ---

Well I got some level going, I will probably have to use the pawns that already work but modify them a little bit or stock pawns.

I am just using my amateuristic meshes I made, like a round hallway, had an ramp up angle, straight and 90 degree curve. I got them to fit together pretty good, way back like 2 years ago, but they are not professionally made, just inside U2 editor.
So I will add as I go, the editor is cooperating very good, I can make it crash but surprisingly it hasn't crashed at all.

2 posts in a row = Double post. Please avoid doing that.

Edit------------- by papercoffee
Sorry folks but you lost me on all this double post stuff.

Sure if I made a post that said

The toy car

then another right below that said

The toy car

But I aint doing that,!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so WTF IS a "double post"
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Then I explain it to you...

Double or triple posts are posts one after another in a short time period. (the content is irrelevant)
We have a limit of 24 hours, only then you can post again right after your older post.
If you want to add something in between the time-limit use the edit button to edit your older post.

If you want to react to multiple posts ... hit the POSTREPLY button on the down left ...and scroll down to the frame where you can see all the former posts. Mark what you want to quote and hit the quote button. You can repeat quoting as many times as you like ... when you are finished writing your response, hit the submit button. Done.