Just bought DEUS EX Human Revolution.

Discussions about everything else
Red_Fist
Godlike

Just bought DEUS EX Human Revolution.

Post by Red_Fist »

And is my kinda game. sure it was $49.99 new, but if you wait like I do. Also synchronize your computer new system buying times and a new OS.
I get to play it for $10.79 own the disk and art, and my system handles it like nothing, for such a good game. I am going to buy RAGE, next, I see it for less than $10.
( those prices I posted was free shipping ! )

I guess the main reason I want RAGE is to see what the Quake guys evolved with and new systems and graphics.

But I am happy so-far playing this game, it gives me enough searching and talking and reading to make you want to continue, pretty addictive in my opinion.

LoL, So, they make you pick an answer in these conversations. That will most likely force me to play is again.

Great game if you haven't played it, serious fun in that the story line you would have to be an adult to understand the side story(s), type game. But you can still shoot you way through I suppose, until you need a code.
Binary Space Partitioning
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Re: Just bought DEUS EX Human Revolution.

Post by UTPe »

I watched some YT videos about this game, I'm not an expert but it looked like amazing ! :D
well, since now I've finally a large amount of space on my pc, a couple of weeks ago I installed the original Deus Ex (2000), it's very interesting to play other unreal engine-based games...have you ever tried "Clive Barker's Undying" ?
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

The only bad is that is uses Steam, there are better ways to stop piracy than using Gestapo like tactics, I really despise the whole idea.

Ha, in one of the emails in this game is one of those "Send money to Nigeria" and it's 47 million dollars. :loool:

Oh ya I played Undying, not too bad, some weird levels, art and things.
totallyunreal
Novice

Post by totallyunreal »

Ah yes, I remember play Deus EX: HR when it first came out, decent game! :)
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

If you have the original Deus Ex, you may be interested in the HD updates on ModDB.
Smirtsch has also been working on updated renderers :mrgreen:
http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/ ... ard=DeusEx
http://www.moddb.com/games/deus-ex
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I started over since I didn't get the hud and other things. But what is cool is they have the story starting in Detroit, Michigan and the certificates on the wall inside the police station are the real colleges we have here in Michigan.

It's like they made the game just for me. :mrgreen:

You can just shoot your way through at the expense of loosing out the points to get more augmentations. It only lets you buy a few, the rest is better to hack doors rather than using a code.I search the victims and still acquire the codes but hack all the doors and things for more experience points.

cool game.
Swanky
Adept
Personal rank: Brush Commander

Post by Swanky »

Human Revolution is a good game, despite all the criticism it got when it was first released. The Director's cut is giving you a few more ways to deal with some special encounters and the DLC is directly embedded into the core game, both are nice additions and totally welcome. Welp, the graphics could be less plastics, but sounddesign is top notch. Also, the story, atmosphere and pretty much everything else is tying nicely into the original Deus Ex.
Speaking of Deus Ex, I recommend keeping an eye out for Deus Ex: Revision, a mod that will overhaul most of the game. I had the opportunity to work on some of its maps and all I can say for now is it will expand greatly on an already great game.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Ha Ha Steam, I turn off my internet connection, lower the priority for both steam things running.
The ad don't pop up when I quit the game.
How can people just accept being tracked and bogged and hounded and think this steam thing is normal or a good thing.
Plus It soaks up 25 meg before the game even runs, it's despicable.

anyway, still playing, plot thickens, enemies getting tougher.