General Anime

Discussions about everything else
mzonas
Average
Personal rank: Respecter™

General Anime

Post by mzonas »

I been watching Death Note for a third day. I must say that it's is quite cool. I am Bleach fan and have to say that Death Note is kind of similar to Bleach but completely different. I've been watching Bleach for half year now (up to date episode) and Death Note is equal to Bleach.

What are your thoughts about Death Note?
Last edited by mzonas on Sat May 31, 2008 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Death Note (Anime)

Post by Feralidragon »

I always heard Death Note as a good anime, but I never watched a single episode yet, have to check out.
The animes I most like are "Chrno Crusade" and "Naruto / Naruto Shippuuden".
mzonas
Average

Post by mzonas »

What is Chrno Crusader like? And to tell the truth, Narute is piece of crap to me, I don't really know why, but I just don't like it -.- (nothing personal and no offence, please :D )
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

mzonas wrote:What is Chrno Crusader like? And to tell the truth, Narute is piece of crap to me, I don't really know why, but I just don't like it -.- (nothing personal and no offence, please :D )
About Naruto, well, you don't offend me at all :wink: , everyone has the right to have an opinion about anything :tu: (i have one friend that has the exact same opinion as you LOL)

About Chrno Crusade:

Little spoiler: Do you know "Buffy - The Vampire Slayer"? Well:
Rosette is like Buffy, but instead she is like the Holy Saint or something
Chrno is like Angel, but instead, he hasn't that funny curse (100% good guy/demon now), he was like the strongest and fearest demon (I think stronger than the Devil himself), and he is called the Sinner, because he killed like more than 1.000.000.000 demons. So Aion (another demon) used him like he was a friend and he betrayed him (Aion betrayed Chrno), weakning him by... SPOILER; JUST SEE.
I think you understood why I mentioned Rosette as Buffy, so it's kinda obvious why I mentioned Chrno as Angel, and it wasn't about the strenght.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrono_Crusade

[youtube]_mQ0WhpDkYw[/youtube]
(LOL, I went to youtube, searched "Chrno Crusade Trailler", and my AMV is first ^_^)

P.S.: Sorry about this little offtopic about Chrno Crusade, but as you asked what is Chrno Crusade like... well, the best part is the story itself, very very good.
mzonas
Average

Post by mzonas »

hmm, sounds cool. I will definitely try it out. How many episodes out in English dubs so far?
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

mzonas wrote:hmm, sounds cool. I will definitely try it out. How many episodes out in English dubs so far?
There are a total of 24 episodes (nothing really big), but each episode is really unique.
Well, I watched them with portuguese subs, but I know that there are English dubs ones.
I will check them out, them I will give you feedback to tell you where to find them.
The only thing that I think is to bad in this anime, is that there's no many people that knows the existence of this one, like you, and like many of my friends (anime fans ones of course), but I showed to them this one, and they really put this anime in their favorite top 10 list. :lol:

Well, I will see Death Note too, my friends told me that this anime rocks too, so I will give it a try.
So, let's continue with this discussion about Death Note, and let's leave Chrno Crusade for now (I send then a PM with the link to the site that has this anime). :wink:
mzonas
Average

Post by mzonas »

ok, cheers mate.

Well, there are total of 37 episodes of Death Note. I finally completed wathcing it. I must say that I did not expect ending like that but oh well ... that's why Death Note rocks!!!
garfunkle
Novice

Post by garfunkle »

I started watching Deathnote then sorta...stopped watching anime for ages. I loved it though, just stopped anime all together.
Now i've started back up on bleach, maybe deathnote will come back too.
mzonas
Average

Post by mzonas »

which episode of Bleach are you on so far? There are 171 episodes out so far :)
garfunkle
Novice

Post by garfunkle »

I think I'm on 103 or so.
mzonas
Average

Post by mzonas »

ok cool. I am waiting for 172 out this week :P
mzonas
Average

Post by mzonas »

this might be a little bit off-topic and sorry for double posting but I just completed watching Chrno Crusade. I must say it was brilliant anime but I didn't expect that ending. That's why these anime are the best :tu:
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Yearh, I am a Bleach fan too, but I have to say, that I like One Piece much more.
I have often thought about to begin with Death Note, but not done yet.

Yearh, it is a double post but the time between your 2 posts is nearly 3 days.. its ok.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

mzonas wrote:this might be a little bit off-topic and sorry for double posting but I just completed watching Chrno Crusade. I must say it was brilliant anime but I didn't expect that ending. That's why these anime are the best :tu:
Just like me :D

One of the episodes I like the most, is episode 7 when Chrno gets pissed off with Aion when Aion kisses Rosette, all that power rushing on him, simply brilliant. :rock:
mzonas
Average

Post by mzonas »

that was cool. But sometimes should be signed as "censored". Do you remember that time when aion had caught that german jewel summonner and then it was quite interesting before Rosette came in :tu: