Favourite other games?

Discussions about everything else
ANUBITEK
Adept

Re: Favourite other games?

Post by ANUBITEK »

Killer Instinct (SNES, never played Gold unfortunately and will NEVER AGAIN pay money for the Xbox One edition)

Xenogears, but played on my pc. I found a gameshark code that allows for saving anywhere and speeding up the text scroll, so now the games combat is actually enjoyable though I really wish the game had an arena mode for just fighting baddies like in FFX.
Spoiler
also Image
<<| http://uncodex.ut-files.com/ |>>

Code reference for UGold, UT99, Unreal2, UT2k3, UT3
Additional Beyond Unreal Wiki Links
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Console_Bar
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Exec_commands#Load
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Exec_Directive#Loading_Other_Packages
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Config_Vars_And_.Ini_Files
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:INT_File
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

Not really a game as such , but I have been for several years interested in YOYO Games , Game Maker.

Recently I seen some quick easy and very intuitive tutorials on YouTube by their now hired "Comunity Manager" - Shaun Spalding .

This dude has an amazing Tallent for teaching coding and some really simple and awesome techniques for making fun games.

One tutorial he makes the entire oldskool Asteroids game and teaches us how to do the whole thing in code.
No drag and drop guide stuff that folks are used too with Gamemaker;

Worth looking into.. he has also a very good platformer tutorials and really has a great way of teaching step by step.

Anyways something worth watching at least.. I reckon most everyone here would say.. hey , I can do that! Lol.

It really is that easy.. and being able to actually export a fully functional game built in like 1-2 days is pretty impressive in itself.

Inspring stuff - never the less

http://gamemakertutorials.com/?page_id=2
;)
Phorce
Experienced
Personal rank: Sgt. Nutz

Post by Phorce »

Assassins Creed Black Flag has hit me really big, and now I've discovered Black flag I just ordered the first two. What attracted me to Black Flag was what attracted me to Unreal and UT in the first place. Technical innovations that are creatively used for game play. Black Flag ...

1. Has one of the most advanced real time IK systems (I remember when you could only do this in expensive NON-REAL TIME 3D applications), hence "characters foot bending side ways while on angled roof, this is real time IK ! ... and in all the climbing, these are not pre-rendered animations !

2. The Ocean simulation is a massive advance if you ask me, and it all runs with reasonable resources and is included IN THE GAME PLAY, ie. large waves block cannon shots, etc, etc. No one has managed a real time Ocean simulation before on the scale they do it here, at least all the one's before have been physics simulations where here, in Black Flag, the coders and artists are obviously faking a lot of it, but who can tell, it just looks great !

So I can appreciate the genius of the coding/digital art advancements going on in the background while the dumb go "meh, ocean" and move on :noidea.

Also, Battlefield Hardline which looks good even though I've only seen the opening scene (I'm waiting for a memory upgrade as many of these more recent games require at least 8 gigs of memory). The non-DICE developer appear to be applying all the tropes from the CSI and other crime series. A breath of fresh air after DICE managed to mess up both BF3 and 4 (at least very badly on the Campaign side of things).
"Weapons! ... for all occasions." Bill Hicks
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Well other than UT I been playing Age Of Citizens (online web-based game) which involve doing job/war/political stuff/etc and currently USA is in the lead with 1030 (highest Rank, and I'm the one to blame :mrgreen: ).

You can become the President of your own country and do whatever... gain gold, make money, spend gold and money for items... pretty simple.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

wolvenstein pc
doom 3 pc
gran turismo 6 on ps3
unreal 1
pacman app from store

Gran tourismo is the game wich i play alot not so much as ut99 but very frequelently.
And the game looks very good even on mine old ps3.

unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
Rich87
Novice

Post by Rich87 »

Favorites? Gonna have to be...
Half Life's(All of them)
Portal 1 & 2
Team Fortress 2
Mass Effect Trilogy
Undertale
Dark Souls(just the first one, 2nd was a letdown)
Bioshock & Infinite
Dragon Age Origins
Witcher 3

And this is just on PC, console exclusives would be a wall of text.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

RO-SHAM-BO!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Koolflux
Experienced

Post by Koolflux »

Mortal Kombat X is one of my favorite games other than UT. Played a little bit of Fortnite in the past too, and that one I just didn't care for.
"I am the Alpha and the Omega." ~Xan Kriegor
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

How dare you revive this thread. Lol.

I played a lot of different stuff since then. For now it's just Pokemon Masters on android phone and waiting to borrow a Nintendo Switch/N-Switch Lite for the new Pokemon game coming out next month.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Tyr
Skilled

Post by Tyr »

Currently i only play Rocket League with a burning passion. It reminds me on the good old days where mechanics and skill were everything. No advantages because of skill choices, classes, items or whatever. Pure skill, nothing else.
Released:
JimmyCognitti

Post by JimmyCognitti »

I'm also a big fan of Half-Life series, so I play these games quite often (lots of user-made content to enjoy).
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Apex Legends at the moment.
It's published by EA (yuck!) but Respawn seems a nice and reasonable developer, and the game is extraordinarily good imho.

For a long while I also liked Fortnite, and despite the fact that the game is now better than ever with chapter 2 (relative to the past seasons that is), I find Apex to be much more fun, because of the quality of the weapons, the speed of the game (more akin to UT99), the well polished team work mechanics and great voice acting, and the fact that I don't get sweaty hands at the end of a fight, unlike Fortnite (building is hard, and it all resumes to build, edit, pot shot, a bit meh), and you actually see blood in it (something I like to see in games of this kind).
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

Age of Empires II

WOOD PLEASE
You must construct additional pylons.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge