Favourite other games?

Discussions about everything else

Re: Favourite other games?

Postby LannFyre » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:27 pm

Killer Instinct (SNES, never played Gold unfortunately and will NEVER AGAIN pay money for the Xbox One edition)

Xenogears, but played on my pc. I found a gameshark code that allows for saving anywhere and speeding up the text scroll, so now the games combat is actually enjoyable though I really wish the game had an arena mode for just fighting baddies like in FFX.

Spoiler: show
also Image
<<| http://uncodex.ut-files.com/ |>>

Code reference for UGold, UT99, Unreal2, UT2k3, UT3

Additional Beyond Unreal Wiki Links
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Console_Bar
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Exec_commands#Load
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Exec_Directive#Loading_Other_Packages
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Config_Vars_And_.Ini_Files
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:INT_File
LannFyre
Skilled

Postby Wises » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:40 am

Not really a game as such , but I have been for several years interested in YOYO Games , Game Maker.

Recently I seen some quick easy and very intuitive tutorials on YouTube by their now hired "Comunity Manager" - Shaun Spalding .

This dude has an amazing Tallent for teaching coding and some really simple and awesome techniques for making fun games.

One tutorial he makes the entire oldskool Asteroids game and teaches us how to do the whole thing in code.
No drag and drop guide stuff that folks are used too with Gamemaker;

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... hqlJnsltJq

Worth looking into.. he has also a very good platformer tutorials and really has a great way of teaching step by step.

Anyways something worth watching at least.. I reckon most everyone here would say.. hey , I can do that! Lol.

It really is that easy.. and being able to actually export a fully functional game built in like 1-2 days is pretty impressive in itself.

Inspring stuff - never the less

http://gamemakertutorials.com/?page_id=2
;)
Wises
Godlike

Personal rank: ILLEGAL!

Postby Phorce » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:20 pm

Assassins Creed Black Flag has hit me really big, and now I've discovered Black flag I just ordered the first two. What attracted me to Black Flag was what attracted me to Unreal and UT in the first place. Technical innovations that are creatively used for game play. Black Flag ...

1. Has one of the most advanced real time IK systems (I remember when you could only do this in expensive NON-REAL TIME 3D applications), hence "characters foot bending side ways while on angled roof, this is real time IK ! ... and in all the climbing, these are not pre-rendered animations !

2. The Ocean simulation is a massive advance if you ask me, and it all runs with reasonable resources and is included IN THE GAME PLAY, ie. large waves block cannon shots, etc, etc. No one has managed a real time Ocean simulation before on the scale they do it here, at least all the one's before have been physics simulations where here, in Black Flag, the coders and artists are obviously faking a lot of it, but who can tell, it just looks great !

So I can appreciate the genius of the coding/digital art advancements going on in the background while the dumb go "meh, ocean" and move on :noidea.

Also, Battlefield Hardline which looks good even though I've only seen the opening scene (I'm waiting for a memory upgrade as many of these more recent games require at least 8 gigs of memory). The non-DICE developer appear to be applying all the tropes from the CSI and other crime series. A breath of fresh air after DICE managed to mess up both BF3 and 4 (at least very badly on the Campaign side of things).
"Weapons! ... for all occasions." Bill Hicks
Phorce
Experienced

Personal rank: Sgt. Nutz

Postby Chamberly » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:06 am

Well other than UT I been playing Age Of Citizens (online web-based game) which involve doing job/war/political stuff/etc and currently USA is in the lead with 1030 (highest Rank, and I'm the one to blame :mrgreen: ).

You can become the President of your own country and do whatever... gain gold, make money, spend gold and money for items... pretty simple.
Chamberly
Godlike

Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Postby rjmno1 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:13 pm

wolvenstein pc
doom 3 pc
gran turismo 6 on ps3
unreal 1
pacman app from store

Gran tourismo is the game wich i play alot not so much as ut99 but very frequelently.
And the game looks very good even on mine old ps3.

unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
rjmno1
Adept

Personal rank: masterfull

Postby Rich87 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:01 am

Favorites? Gonna have to be...
Half Life's(All of them)
Portal 1 & 2
Team Fortress 2
Mass Effect Trilogy
Undertale
Dark Souls(just the first one, 2nd was a letdown)
Bioshock & Infinite
Dragon Age Origins
Witcher 3

And this is just on PC, console exclusives would be a wall of text.
Rich87
Novice

Postby EvilGrins » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:49 am

RO-SHAM-BO!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
EvilGrins
Godlike

Personal rank: God of Fudge

Previous

Return to Misc | Off-Topic