What I don't like.

Discussions about everything else

What I don't like.

Postby Red_Fist » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:18 pm

https://www.unrealengine.com/content/b8 ... 4fea1a637e

See the model-skin picture ? blue guy

Kind of looks like a beer belly with woman legs lol on that particular model.

These new games (starting with ut2003 way back) look stupid, bulky, too much detail, unrealistic, cumbersome downright stupid looking.

Why everybody thinks these bulky armor suits is so cool is beyond me.
Like trying to build a better mouse trap, and just showing off modeling, nothing more.

I dunno it just does nothing for me, or in a game.
Binary Space Partitioning
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: What I don't like.

Postby Chamberly » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:34 pm

Looks like some LoL fan stepped into the house to me... lol
irc.globalgamers.net #uscript
http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript
Chamberly
Godlike

Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: What I don't like.

Postby Dr. Walter » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:44 pm

Developers try too hard with games these days. Many forget that the most important aspect, the sheer intrinsic property of any game is the gameplay. They instead aimlessly devote resources to graphics, story and other assets, haphazardly throwing together impaired, lacking gameplay. The other elements should compliment the gameplay, but not be the focal point such the gameplay suffers.

Pardon me if it sounds as if I am traversing the exosphere on a horse right now, it was not my intention; but rather an observation of some current gaming tendencies.

My wish for future games is simple; do not take trifling details too seriously! If one is creating a game, then one should have entertainment in doing so. Discharge your creativity, succumb to eccentricities and develop an experience to forever be commemorated.

Anyway, I shall charm my ramblings for now, their relation to the topic of interest is slightly vague.

With regards to that particular model, it does seem rather impractical to a character of that configuration.

-Dr. Walter.
λξ

Σ ζ

?
Dr. Walter
Novice

Personal rank: Mild-Mannered Madman

Return to Misc | Off-Topic