PoS Rigs

Discussions about everything else
Lee_Stricklin
Adept

PoS Rigs

Post by Lee_Stricklin »

What is the absolute crappiest PC you ever tried to play 3D games on?

My last PC (ditched it shortly after I joined [SwS])

Manufacturer: N/A This thing was built out of junk parts.

Board: Something made by Chaintech. It supported up to 400 MHz processing speed, had three PCI sockets, one AGP socket, and two ISA sockets, and the thing used DIMM RAM

Video: 4MB ATI Rage Pro Turbo AGP

Sound: Hercules Muse XL with busted microphone jack

RAM: 256

Operating System: Windows Millenium Edition- OH NO!!! It's THE DREADED BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!!!!

Hard Drive: a nearly dead 8 GB HDD by Maxtor

Processor: Cartridge-style Intel Pentium III (found it in a junk PC on the side of the road. No bullshit.) clocked as high as the board would allow me to go.

Keyboard: Some Toshiba PS/2 keyboard that has been through Hell and back. The thing was battle-scarred and had all kinds of sweat stains all over it.

Mouse: A generic PS/2 low DPI opto-mechanical (ball) mouse with wheel that I tweaked the Hell out of. I miss that thing I got so many headshots (most of them with the ripper) with that thing it aint even funny. I also tweaked it so that if I picked it up off the mat the pins inside would continue to spin. Wish it didn't break on me :(

Overall Performance: After hours of tweaking I got UT99 to run at a 512x384 with NO SMOOTHING WHAT-SO-EVER at somewhat stable 17 FPS (slowed down on larger maps and during heavy action) using the software renderer. Strangely I actually played better on that thing than I do on my newer rig.
mzonas
Average
Personal rank: Respecter™

Re: PoS Rigs

Post by mzonas »

if I get what you mean, my crappiest PC was the one I got ~7 years ago. It had 256 MB of RAM, 64 MB of video (or whatver ...) and 40 GB of storage. I remember, it was very powerful those days I could play even James Bond and NFSU2 (laggy). Now I got much better one :P
Hutongs74
Novice

Happiness

Post by Hutongs74 »

thanks a lot , bump up up up!!

cheap wow power leveling (World of warcraft Power Leveling):
buy WoW Power Leveling, cheap world of warcraft power leveling , 1-80 level wow Power Leveling,maple story mesos, wedding invitations
leveling