The Soap Box!

Discussions about everything else
Maggot
Novice

The Soap Box!

Post by Maggot »

Let's use this for Social and or Political opinions... :lol: Please no flaming for a particular opinion or stance on a issue. Maybe the Admin will sticky it.... :lol:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I shall begin.....

How on earth did we wind up with a below average President of The United States? ( Bush's grade average is reported to be C+) I know there is a national feeling that the election was stolen. Why don't We The People change the rules and remove the silly Electoral College and demand that all elections be decided by popular vote?

Granted there are forces (Corporate Control) we have to fight to do this, but at least we would or could feel we chose our leaders not that they are already chosen for us. Granted this is a generalized opinion but gotta get the ball rolling.

I won't get into my rant about the Iraq thing right now.....but it reminds me of Viet Nam all over again. I was a teen when the Viet Nam was at it's peak. I almost had to go there myself but thank God that I only have one kidney....seems I wasn't quite healthy enough to go get killed. :?
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Re: The Soap Box!

Post by Myth »

Shade's one of 11 commandments:
5. Leave politics outside please. Here we want to exchange experiences. That is primarily an appeal to you, but experiences revealed that political threads heat-up the emotions and the climate of public opinion suffers heavily.
Shade
Site Admin
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

Re: The Soap Box!

Post by Shade »

Politics, particularly american politics (Bush, Elections '08, Iraq), can be a really big and dangerous topic, if you discuss with the wrong people. Thats why i dont want it here in this community. ;)

I hope you understand my demur why i have to close the thread. ;)
UT99.org Discord Server: https://discord.gg/6CP2UjZ
UT Server Browser: https://ut99.org/servers