CS Source Weapons for UT v1.1 release

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Barbie
Godlike

Re: CS Source Weapons for UT v1.1 release

Post by Barbie »

OjitroC wrote:setting the lifespan of the shellcases to unlimited seems to have no effect - they disappear immediately.
Did you do that setting (ShellCaseLifeSpanType=0|1|2) on server's or on client's ini? I guess that the shells exist on client only - it would be a waste of bandwidth to replicate all shells to all players.

According to the code the setting has to be on client's side, because it is a simulated function:
BaseShellCase.uc-snippet

Code: Select all

simulated function PostBeginPlay()
{
	//if ( Level.bDropDetail && (Level.NetMode != NM_DedicatedServer) && (Level.NetMode != NM_ListenServer) )
		//LifeSpan = 1.5;

switch(class'CSSMutator'.default.ShellCaseLifeSpanType)
	{
		case 0:
			LifeSpan = 3.00;
			break;
		case 1:
			LifeSpan = 7.00;
			break;
		case 2:
			LifeSpan = 0.0;
			break;
		default:
			LifeSpan = 3.00;
			break;
	}
}
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Barbie wrote:Did you do that setting (ShellCaseLifeSpanType=0|1|2) on server's or on client's ini? I guess that the shells exist on client only - it would be a waste of bandwidth to replicate all shells to all players.
I'm using CSSWeapons off-line (in StuffSwapper) but that snippet indicates that the ShellCaseLifeSpan setting will only work using the mutator and I presume the same applies to the reload keybind. The bEnableRecoil=True\False works OK without the mutator so I'm curious as to which settings do require the mutator to be running.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Stuff Swapper doesn't work well with every mod.
For example in Food Fight are two things ...
The Jelly Jumper (transportable jump spot replacement for the boots) Which is an empty weapon you get from the start and when you pick it up then it's in reality the ammo for the jumper. Stuff Swapper can only switch one. Without the weapon is the ammo useless. I tried everything but I can't give the Jelly as weapon. Maybe because it's an empty one?
The Pepper-Mill (replacement for the invisibility) a pick-up which causes other player around the user of it to sneeze and cough and get a wonky blurry view. The Pickup calls the pepper-effect which is a separate actor. You can only place the visible pick-up model or the pepper-effect but they work only in combination not alone.

So ...my guess: The CSS weapons work, but every external actor/code will be ignored. This counts for the reload-function and the shell-cases.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

If is a server related setup but effects should be seen in client, I might expect some replication block as long as they can have different values, else client will have default LifeSpan if server did not send nothing. For safety and optimization, these should be entirely part of client, saving channels is a priority not an option, unless in heavy loaded maps actors are going to warp when 5 players start spreading shell-cases. Spawning actors in server should be reduced as much as possible, these shell-cases are mainly effects and nothing to do with game authority.
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

To my regret, this line wasn't working online in v1.1:

case 2:
			LifeSpan = 0.0;
			break;
Meaning the shellcases were actually spawning and were immediately getting destroyed. I am curious why that LifeSpan=0.0 line was not working online.
After doing a minor change to this line:

case 2:
			LifeSpan = default.LifeSpan;
			break;
Where I added LifeSpan=0.0 in defaultproperties, the shellcases were spawning properly in online.
Otherwise, my alternate solution was to start a timer() and destroy the shellcase from that function.
OjitroC wrote: 1 The reload key bind doesn't work in this version nor in the previous one - it shows up OK in the User.ini with 'mutate cssreload' against the relevant key - does it only work with the mutator and not if one just uses the weapons in StuffSwapper?
Unfortunately, yes. You will have to run the mutator for the reload to take place, because the reload part is written inside mutate() function of mutator.
There is a solution for reload to happen outside of mutator by using the exec functions which I have done in v1.2 and the weapons are reloading fine with/without the mutator. Also tested with stuffswapper.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

OjitroC wrote:that snippet indicates that the ShellCaseLifeSpan setting will only work using the mutator
Because "class'CSSMutator'.default.ShellCaseLifeSpanType" is referenced there? This also works if the Mutator is not active (=not in the Mutator chain).
Barbie wrote:Did you do that setting (ShellCaseLifeSpanType=0|1|2) on server's or on client's ini?
You didn't answer to this question directly - does "off-line" mean you did that setting on client's INI file?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Barbie wrote: You didn't answer to this question directly - does "off-line" mean you did that setting on client's INI file?
I've altered ShellCaseLifeSpanType= to 2 in my CSSWeaponsv1_1Config.ini - by off-line I mean I am not playing with this on-line (I hardly ever play on-line).

So it seems it should work without the mutator.
hundschraube

Post by hundschraube »

First off great mod been playing the sp with it lots of fun.
i have found a small bug with the glock when you switch to burst fire the message stays on screen.
i looked at your uc file and bFadeMessage is set to false.
Spectra
Masterful

Post by Spectra »

hundschraube wrote:First off great mod been playing the sp with it lots of fun.
i have found a small bug with the glock when you switch to burst fire the message stays on screen.
i looked at your uc file and bFadeMessage is set to false.
Yeah, I noticed that too. The same bug also occurs with NW3 final. I am not sure, but I guess the problem is with those custom HUDs.
hundschraube

Post by hundschraube »

Spectra wrote:Yeah, I noticed that too. The same bug also occurs with NW3 final. I am not sure, but I guess the problem is with those custom HUDs.
In this case its CSSWeaponsv1_1\Classes\Pistol_GlockModeMessage.UC

defaultproperties
{
FiringMode(0)="Switched to Semi-Automatic"
FiringMode(1)="Switched to Burst-Fire mode"
FontSize=1
bIsSpecial=True
bIsUnique=True
bFadeMessage=False [change to true]
bIsConsoleMessage=False
bBeep=False
DrawColor=(R=255,G=255,B=255)
YPos=196.000000
bCenter=True
}
Spectra
Masterful

Post by Spectra »

Well, I did that intentionally because in CS 1.6, the switch-mode messages disappear immediately instead of fading away.
RuNNeR
Novice
Personal rank: UT MANIAC

Post by RuNNeR »

OFF TOPIC QUESTION: Can you sort out porting CSS maps like e.g de_dust2, cs_assault (My favourites) for CTF gamemode?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have played this game for 4 years

dd_death
Novice

Post by dd_death »

This server running CSS Weapons mod along with other stuff
31.186.251.181:3529
Nice works with weapons
ReaperAA
Novice

Post by ReaperAA »

First of all, just wanted to say that i looove ur mod. Keep up the great work.

However i have a small suggestion. If u r planning to release a version 1.2 of the mod, then can u change the weapon recoil and accuracies like the way they were in your CS 1.6 weapons mod. Right now recoil is little to high for some weapons, even for CS standards
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

ReaperAA wrote:... can u change the weapon recoil and accuracies like the way they were in your CS 1.6 weapons mod. Right now recoil is little to high for some weapons, even for CS standards
These weapons are great but I agree that the accuracy is not quite so good as that of the CS1.6 weapons - the recoil though can be disabled in the configuration .ini - I do this and it works fine.