Forged object

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
Barbie
Godlike

Forged object

Post by Barbie »

Recently I run the map MH-Horus on my server and got log entries like this:
ucc.init.log wrote:Forged object: got Function Botpack.GuidedWarshell.MoveRocket, expecting Class Engine.Texture
Forged object: got FloatProperty BarbiesWorld.KHMBase.SetPawnDifficulty.Difficulty, expecting Class Engine.Mesh
Forged object: got Function UnrealShare.ASMD.PlayAltFiring, expecting Class Engine.Mesh
(Complete log on PasteBin)
I've never seen such; what does that mean?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Higor
Godlike

Re: Forged object

Post by Higor »

Incompatibility between the server's PackageMap with your PackageMap, caused by one package with matching generation but different name mapping.

The most important thing to figure out is what packages is MH-Horus loading that other maps aren't.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Yes, it's what Higor said and completions:
- package conformed should never have new classes and new variables involved else it will mock things as you can see... take this as evidence about a bad conformed thing;
- new functions are not welcomed as well;
- be careful at simulated/non-simulated in the new generation;
- package conformed should have all dependencies similar to old package - I messed up at a moment some "HauntedCreatures" (as a sample) so I went to conform them properly not pieces of package (think well here) - new thing was not calling some required sound and then client went to WC - game unplayable at all;
- package conformed should not call other things (packages) than MAIN PACKAGE conformed and it has to be exactly structured like original class.

You don't have to take these in serious - however, when I was ignoring these "nowhere-written-rules" I was badly screwing up, running something useless - nobody will play there EVER.

Summarizing:
- package conforming has limitations as you see;
- new generation should be fully COMPATIBLE with old generation else your conformed thing will be a myth;
- lacks of conforming can be completed by ReplaceFunction - non XCGE users, I'm sorry for you - fixing UT has come you should take it in account. Nobody will fix your Server better than yourself, Epic doesn't even care about fixing Ut'99 after all...
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Higor wrote:Incompatibility between the server's PackageMap with your PackageMap
The log entries are from the server - so I guess that problem is independent from client.
Higor wrote:The most important thing to figure out is what packages is MH-Horus loading that other maps aren't.
Attached are screenshots of UnrealDeps.exe. I remember that UTChaosMap.u and Osiris.umx were new to my server.
Attachments
MH-Horus-dependencies-2.jpg
MH-Horus-dependencies-1.jpg
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Nah, errors might be resident in other location. Continuing example about "HauntedCreatures" my logs were saying something about whatever stock texture - FALSE alarm, it was nothing to do with the real cause. I gotta admit it was challenging to find issue...
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Even more occurrences:
MH-ReloadedX:
Forged object: got Slith MH-ReloadedX.Slith35, expecting Class Core.Class

MH-Horus:
Forged object: got Function Botpack.GuidedWarshell.MoveRocket, expecting Class Engine.Texture
Forged object: got FloatProperty BarbiesWorld.KHMBase.SetPawnDifficulty.Difficulty, expecting Class Engine.Mesh
Forged object: got Function UnrealShare.ASMD.PlayAltFiring, expecting Class Engine.Mesh
Forged object: got ObjectProperty MonsterHunt.MonsterHunt.CountHunters.B, expecting Class Engine.Mesh
Forged object: got ByteProperty Engine.Counter.NumToCount, expecting Class Engine.Mesh
Forged object: got Function UnrealShare.ScriptedPawn.Ambushing.AnimEnd, expecting Class Engine.Mesh
Forged object: got ObjectProperty Nexgen112.NexgenPopupDialog.sc, expecting Class Engine.Mesh
Forged object: got PAmmo MH-Horus.PAmmo12, expecting Class Engine.Texture
Forged object: got ObjectProperty Nexgen112.NexgenPopupDialog.sc, expecting Class Engine.Mesh
Forged object: got BoolProperty UnrealShare.TriggeredAmbientSound.bPlayedOnce, expecting Class Engine.Texture

MH-Last][:
Forged object: got Class Botpack.WarHeadAmmo, expecting Class Engine.Texture
Received unwanted function DemoPlaySound in SkyZoneInfo MH-Last][.SkyZoneInfo0

MH-ATAA2-V3{fix}:
Forged object: got Mover MH-ATAA2-V3{fix}.Mover22, expecting Class Engine.Mesh
Forged object: got Mover MH-ATAA2-V3{fix}.Mover9, expecting Class Engine.Mesh
Forged object: got StrProperty Engine.PlayerPawn.GetPlayerNetworkAddress.ReturnValue, expecting Class Engine.Model

MH-TheAnnouncerv1:
Forged object: got StructProperty UnrealShare.HumanBot.PlayDying.Z, expecting Class Engine.Mesh
Forged object: got BoolProperty Botpack.TournamentPlayer.SetInstantRocket.B, expecting Class Engine.Mesh
Forged object: got ShockCore MH-TheAnnouncerv1.ShockCore9, expecting Class Engine.Mesh
Forged object: got ShockCore MH-TheAnnouncerv1.ShockCore9, expecting Class Engine.Mesh

MH-GiranTown+SBFix1:
Forged object: got Vase MH-GiranTown+SBFix1.Vase0, expecting Class Core.Class
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

This was "entertaining" for me too at a moment in a closer past. Do these have been solved ? These are definitely coming from a wrong conformed package. New package (whatever) has new stuff which stock (original) doesn't have and then by trying to align that to original compatibility array is getting badly screwed. There is no real problem with those maps, issues here are... server files. The friendly advice is to forget new variables and new functions because these net borks are coming from those "objects" conformed with "None" and then engine is moving to the next or whatever, this is definitely not the "how to" fix server, just saying...